How well can my pc run skyrim?

Zaselim

Guys if you want to argue about this go into the off topic section or PMs with it. Your bickering doesn't have anything to do with the OP's question.

Erm... We ended the argument already, and now I'm switching gears to software side support regarding video card performance...

Semi on topic:

My HD6970 has strange problems in small areas. In short it jiggles (or something, like that, I'm not native english speaker), when I'm looking around, sceene isn't smooth. It's not lagging, as once I leave mouse in place, it's fluent as very fluent thing. FPS limiter didn't help and reducing frames rendered ahead, while made indoor small areas better, also murdered my card outside.
Second thing: my friend has i7 2700K and gf660Ti and whereas he has better max fps, when entering Riverwood his PC dies. His memory is also tad better (as if it had true impact on todays games). How come?

OT: Intel feeds AMD with technology. Just so they have any sort of opponent. At lest in mid-low sector, but seeing new i5 kicking balls of my i7 2600 makes one wonder, where that Intel's mid sector is.

In that case stay on topic and don't derail the thread.

Thanks, some of my friends told me to wait until 20th feb as sony may be announcing the PS4 and we get the general idea what they are using and what next gen games are going to be like.

Guest Lady Luck

lawl your friend is lying , there would be no ps4 if the sells is going good on ps3 sony won't release that console early maybe 2014 , that technology is too early for this kind of year, because  it need  proper engine to run.

Zase How many framerate you got from your last experience playing skyrim?

Well mostly i get 30-40 on my quad core with gtx 560, but some times the game hangs right after the loading screen passes(while my pc show loading lyt blinking continuously) from 3-5 mins some times it takes more time so i press ctrl+alt+del to open task manager then goes back to skyrim and the works. I was agetting 15-20 fps with hd textures so i un-installed the hd textures mod but added some textures in the game manually. Installed many high def mods like fire and stuff so sometimes the game becomes laggy as well.

If you ask me i really want to play the smooth skyrim with less loading time and hopefully i will soon on my new PC.

Personal Note: when first played skyrim i didn't like it at all, and when it got the game of the award over uncharted 3 i was so angry with it. But then i heard of skyrim-moding on the pc version and eventually i went to nexus.skyrim (in which i'm banned now, got banned in dec 2012) and saw some cool looking mods then i told my self that i gotta have Skyrim for pc and my love for skyrim started. I self learned 3ds Max because of skyrim lolz to make my on body mod and i did http://zaselim.minus.com/mIXm5o842euu5. Time after time i installed mods and now my skyim installed folder is around 40gb and my skyrim became slower in and laggy, i even added 2gb virtual memory to my skyrim installed directory. But i'm hoping i will taste smooth skyrim experience with my new pc (all hd textures on with the highest detailed enb)...

I have both PS3 and Xbox 360 but i like to play every game i like on pc because i love good and more enhanced graphics and everyone know pc win the graphic war so PC is compulsory for me. Eventually i will get ps4 and xbox720 1-3 years after launch but i will prefer every game which will going to come on PC.

i have 1tb of HDD  and my skyrim drive is more than 100gb empty and my windows directory space free as well, may be i need SSD.

I have both PS3 and Xbox 360 but i like to play every game i like on pc because i love good and more enhanced graphics and everyone know pc win the graphic war so PC is compulsory for me. Eventually i will get ps4 and xbox720 1-3 years after launch but i will prefer every game which will going to come on PC.

Guest Lady Luck

hmm i dont think so maybe its  has to do with your ini or  gpu  , re-check all setting makesure you don't maxed out what your gpu cant handle ...

i lowered the settings in advance config manager, if there are low, medium, high , ultra then my settings are in between of mid and high. and i cant get lower than that. It will ruin the fun.

a couple of guys on nexus told me that gtx 400 and above series won't give full performance on my system (quad core + xfx 680sli board)

Guest Lady Luck

alright now you what you can do  ... this one is a bit pain on the ass but you need to do it manually ,  try to detect what kind of setting like shadow , anti alaising etc one by one until you find what's causing the laggage, usually i do that , i will try to post my experimental tweak maybe soon  ... 

Guest Lady Luck

ding ding thats your problem you see GTX is already HD quality with AA enabled you don't need enb on a good graphic card...

Here's how to experience physical enb without the mods , set everything on your GTX option to highest as it can go , disable enb set everything ultra on skyrim set AA to 24x - 16x  ultra high that's a level 2 setting which your pc can handle that setting to begin with.

Guest Vendayn

I need a new PC, my game goes 10-20 FPS :P but I would rather have amazing graphics lol...even without ENB or any lighting mod I only get 20-35 fps. Granted that is because of texture mods...

I wonder how many like me, just lives with such low fps, for an amazing looking game.

My PC is kinda old, but even then, is having serious BSOD issues on startup (sometimes hard crashes if too much is going on) and performance in games has dropped across the board (not just Skyrim). But I guess thats another topic lol. Too bad my bank has 0 dollars lol...otherwise I would just buy a new 1500 dollar pc and it would all be good.

Anyway, yup...10-20 fps is what I get in my game. I was getting 20-35 fps even with ENB active, but my PC hardcrashed one day and then all my high end games started having artifacts and lower performance.

Looks good, there are some 4k textures out there, which you could probably run fine but I would suggest 2k textures + decent ENB settings, you could get max SSAO(Ambient Occlusion) but SSAO always increases loading times a lot, so high or medium depending on how the loading times go, and you could get some high quality DoF, there's extra DoF mods (depth of field) mods, or you can just use the one that comes with the ENB.

There's an ENB Customizer you can use to change the quality level of SSAO and DoF on the nexus, Realistic ENB is pretty good. Or hey just the normal ENB is actually amazing. http://www.enbdev.com/download_mod_tesskyrim.htm

Archived