Availible mod places

Charwo

I just recently found out that that the person who does interesting NPCs has a mod pack for Fallout 3 so I want to give it another go. But that means loading up on Fallout 3 mods. And I'm wondering where else there are Fallout 3 mods other than Nexus and modbd and here. Honestly I want to find real animal mods ripped assets or no. Now I know this site doesn't host that, I'm just wondering WHERE I can go where i might find such a thing. And to be clear, I'd be more than happy for something like Tale of Two Wastelands where you have to own the game in question and port the direct assets in question yourself.

Mostly what I want would be Oblivions real animals and horse riding for Fallout 3/NV and the ability to use stuff from Skyrim, which is a game I own.

And since I'm here, are there mods here that effect vanilla quests in ways aside from having sex with people? I'm not opposed to that solution just more ways. Like something to keep the Vault Security from dying in Escape! in Fallout 3, or convincing the Power Gangers to surrender when surrounded by NCP troops, that sort of thing.

Who ever was or is working on ridable horses for New Vegas hasn't posted a quip of an update since last year of their screen shot of a working 1st person rideable horse. Likely because some nexus lore whores complaining about horses don't exist in fallout reeee why even make?

Anyway the only place for mods is here, nexus, gun, moddb, and the russian site I have no clue of it's name. If your going to play 3 and own it as well as New Vegas I'd suggest TTW best of both worlds. And while I don't know enough about Oblivion I can probably say your SOL if your looking ported animal assets to FO3 unless you want to DIY double if that is adult related.

OK. I'm trying to stay away from TTW because most of the mods I want to use in Fallout 3 aren't ported to TTW or the old ones aren't available/don't work with new updates. The 130 mod limit hits me like a truck every time I think of just modding NV alone.

If you remember the name of the "Russian site" I'd be very grateful as I've never heard of it before.

On 3/12/2020 at 2:22 AM, Charwo said:

OK. I'm trying to stay away from TTW because most of the mods I want to use in Fallout 3 aren't ported to TTW or the old ones aren't available/don't work with new updates. The 130 mod limit hits me like a truck every time I think of just modding NV alone.

If you remember the name of the "Russian site" I'd be very grateful as I've never heard of it before.

Its really easy to port most of the F3 mods though. A little bit of FNVEdit tinkering should do the trick.

Besides that, knowing how to use FNVEdit is really important anyway, because something somewhere will always piss you off in your playthrough, and it could be easily fixed with just one minute in FNVEdit. I started waaaaay back then when I discovered, that I could not use a shovel from Point Lookout to dig graves in New Vegas, and that's how my downward spiral of FNVEditing started. FNVEdit also allows you to drastically reduce your load order by giving you an option to merge plugins. ;)

On 3/15/2020 at 5:25 AM, dongding said:

Its really easy to port most of the F3 mods though. A little bit of FNVEdit tinkering should do the trick.

Besides that, knowing how to use FNVEdit is really important anyway, because something somewhere will always piss you off in your playthrough, and it could be easily fixed with just one minute in FNVEdit. I started waaaaay back then when I discovered, that I could not use a shovel from Point Lookout to dig graves in New Vegas, and that's how my downward spiral of FNVEditing started. FNVEdit also allows you to drastically reduce your load order by giving you an option to merge plugins. ;)

Oh I see your point. Problem is the mods I wanna convert to TTW are BIG ones. Quest for Heaven 1-3 (which were converted but the music and sound never worked right) and Devil's Wish.

As far as merged plugins, the simplest one that would help me would be a merge of the entire someguy series in one file, and content from each could be toggled through MCM. THat ain't light work by any means but it would free up a lot of mod space.

As someone who has merged +/-500 mods down to a playable <130 plugins & tried to see if I could merge all of New Vegas Bounties 1-3 into one file... it's not worth the hassle at all. Even merged 1 & 2 isn't worth it. Let alone all of his other mods too.

Things usually* good to merge after load order sorting them and making sure you can load a new game with mods before hand:

Bug fixes

Game tweaks & additions

Patches to other mods essentially removing the need for the patched esp

Weapons

Armors/Clothes/Hairs

NPC edits & they are best done in your merged conflict resolution patch anyway but since you sometimes have to remake it best to have one kept around usually merged into the below category

Town/interior overhauls only IF you know how to use the Merge plugins, the Geck and FNVedit to fix the inevitable navmesh conflicts when doing so otherwise broken AI and CTD's inbound 100% guaranteed.

Archived