[REQ] Thigh high swashbuckler & pirate boots?

Necrokat

It was really scaled down :blink: the pixel density is kinda low, making it look a little muddy in places.

Still i like it.

for the 'direction' comment, i had you mixed up with someone else (aradia).

Not the worst person to be mistaken for ^_^ Aradia has some impressive modelling skills, and i did import about 4 of his models.

But everything is better with a cube map, EVERYTHING. :mellow:

I was thinking that these would be better with a armour set to go with them, then like a ton of bricks it hit me.

I made set that needs some footwear

smd5ajckgodg8jd7g.jpg

ignore the ones in the pick  :unsure:

Some one in the request thread asked for this

2kslby386gt9ikk7g.jpg

It never showed bellow the thigh so i just sorta did stuff out of boredom/avoiding the uving and texturing...

What do you think, worth the time finishing it and pairing it with the boots?

I might sound like a snob saying this but on the first pic the armor (mesh) looks somehow unfinished. If you want my suggestion, maybe make the skirt a *bit* longer and asymetrical. Longer on one side than on the other. Seeing as the pauldron/glove already gives it an asymetrical look to it, it wouldn't hurt to explore that angle a bit more:

Cover up the other shoulder with some more feathers, add some cloth coverage on either the left arm (the one with the pauldron, making it look like the leather pieces/metal plates are strapped onto the sleeve), maybe add a leather flap in front with a scale pattern( not too long, or VERY long), and finally for the back add a leather corset but underneath the whole thing (sorta leave the shoulderblades showing).

This is just something i would do with it, experimen a bit, take some artistic freedoms. Most of the time it turns out better than you would've imagined. I'm sorry if this came out like i'm criticizing you, just trying to help you out.

No need to apologise, that was some good criticism :)

The skirt was longer but i removed most of its length to make pleating it easier.

i lost motivation after doing each pleat... so it never got restored to its original length.

I also did cover the shoulder with feathers but it started looking like emo big bird cosplay....

so i removed most of it.

The pauldron and gauntlet use straps, the dress has no sleeves.

Pics showing what it looks like with out the feather covering everything.

ks166edwl8uxfs07g.jpg

dm3vfquv29vdkx17g.jpg

cetd3gq2bem7p7g7g.jpg

I do like your leather corset idea though, but that's probably because i don't like the feather dress very much.

hmmm... I think maybe i should probably scrap everything but the pauldron/gauntlet and make something to fit with there style.

I tend to run out of ideas before i even start, and have little self motivation....

So any ideas or criticism are always welcome. :D

I just saw your work on the boots, and i gotta say it's pretty good. Also the pauldron/gauntlet on the armor look realy good. REALLY GOOD. That's why I tought i could pitch in with some ideas. I started modeling a while back (have an armor mesh i'm working on), and i can see the work that went into the models. Though it probably takes you far less time to make something decent than it takes me.

Anyway, hope you find some inspiration. If all else fails you can always google search "armor", "fur armor", "leather armor" etc. for ideas. Keep it up man!

I tend to agree with you and the 'keeping the pauldron' part. in the original live pic, it is easily the most inventive. even in the pic tho, it's not very well done. Looks plasticky. 

But the shapes are kinda cool. Considering lore, it's kinda realistic. I fear however that it's kinda plain for the pervy skyrimmers. I mean I think it would come off well as say a steel plate or  maybe dwarven, but an entire set based on that piece would require some thought and experimentation.

And tbph, that's too much work. If you have to work to feel it, it becomes tedius. and since you admit to little self motivation (something I kinda suffer from as well) you'd probably be better served lookin for something else to build from the boots, which was the original idea.

I just installed mudbox, (it's being a bitch atm with licensing) so I will be learning that to use to texture up some boots instead of ps cs6.

The skirt was longer but i removed most of its length to make pleating it easier.

i lost motivation after doing each pleat... so it never got restored to its original length.

I also did cover the shoulder with feathers but it started looking like emo big bird cosplay....

so i removed most of it.

ks166edwl8uxfs07g.jpg

dm3vfquv29vdkx17g.jpg

cetd3gq2bem7p7g7g.jpg

I do like your leather corset idea though, but that's probably because i don't like the feather dress very much.

hmmm... I think maybe i should probably scrap everything but the pauldron/gauntlet and make something to fit with there style.

I tend to run out of ideas before i even start, and have little self motivation....

i posted my drawing in the request thread, since at the time this thread looked like it was going inactive.

so i removed most of it.

ks166edwl8uxfs07g.jpg

dm3vfquv29vdkx17g.jpg

cetd3gq2bem7p7g7g.jpg

i posted my drawing in the request thread, since at the time this thread looked like it was going inactive.

would you mind linking to either the post or the image? I looked thru your post list and didn't see it.

so i removed most of it.

ks166edwl8uxfs07g.jpg

dm3vfquv29vdkx17g.jpg

cetd3gq2bem7p7g7g.jpg

would you mind linking to either the post or the image? I looked thru your post list and didn't see it.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19129-where-can-i-find-non-adult-skyrim-requests/page-37

It was second to last on the non-adult thread >.>

Previous convo

so i removed most of it.

ks166edwl8uxfs07g.jpg

dm3vfquv29vdkx17g.jpg

cetd3gq2bem7p7g7g.jpg

so i removed most of it.

ks166edwl8uxfs07g.jpg

dm3vfquv29vdkx17g.jpg

cetd3gq2bem7p7g7g.jpg

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19129-where-can-i-find-non-adult-skyrim-requests/page-37

And the image:

post-57857-0-46061100-1379826091.jpg

were you thinking egyptian style? gold and say turquoise? or did you have someth else in mind? I can see the lines being cloth stitching as much as i can see gold with obsidian filigree. I think the cloth would be funner to work with. I think you could do more with it in terms of additional versions.

for example, I dunno what you intended, but I could see an underboob cutout. Also layered strips of plating across the sides of the lower abdomen, mimicking rib shaping.

Vioxsis what do you think?

It'd be cool to have dark, self shadow enabled, dangly, HDT physicked fringe (=  hanging low over the face giving it the assassin vibe. The hood down-the-back version would also be cool to have it flopping around on the cloak bones. Even without that, i think it's got a bit more potential than the cosplay thingy AND I think the high boots might actually go with it!

Previous convo

so i removed most of it.

ks166edwl8uxfs07g.jpg

dm3vfquv29vdkx17g.jpg

cetd3gq2bem7p7g7g.jpg

so i removed most of it.

ks166edwl8uxfs07g.jpg

dm3vfquv29vdkx17g.jpg

cetd3gq2bem7p7g7g.jpg

And the image:

were you thinking egyptian style? gold and say turquoise? or did you have someth else in mind? I can see the lines being cloth stitching as much as i can see gold with obsidian filigree. I think the cloth would be funner to work with. I think you could do more with it in terms of additional versions.

for example, I dunno what you intended, but I could see an underboob cutout. Also layered strips of plating across the sides of the lower abdomen, mimicking rib shaping.

It'd be cool to have dark, self shadow enabled, dangly, HDT physicked fringe (=  hanging low over the face giving it the assassin vibe. The hood down-the-back version would also be cool to have it flopping around on the cloak bones. Even without that, i think it's got a bit more potential than the cosplay thingy AND I think the high boots might actually go with it!

well first off i couldn't do the actual shading at the time due to the face that i had broken my pencil and i had left all my other pencils at work so i had to skip shading and do the shadows by hand and lead

for colors i was going for a black long hooded outfit with dark lines on it so kind of give off a weird design to mess with the eye of the victim attacked by said phantom.

Previous convo

so i removed most of it.

ks166edwl8uxfs07g.jpg

dm3vfquv29vdkx17g.jpg

cetd3gq2bem7p7g7g.jpg

so i removed most of it.

ks166edwl8uxfs07g.jpg

dm3vfquv29vdkx17g.jpg

cetd3gq2bem7p7g7g.jpg

And the image:

I can totaly see the egyptian thing going on, i also like the hood on the piece that was crossed out. Egyptians had that whole animal thing going on: cats, dogs, hawks, snakes, crocodiles ect. and to me this armor would realy go well with a snake theme.

Cracked this texture out tonight. Comments?

iUjiEdSqfxkR2.jpg

ibppBBS0xEvTaW.jpg

ifJz6Nbu02X5X.jpg

wow! had no idea work was still being done on these boots. still my fave footwear! i would so love to have a pair of these that used HDT! maybe w/ a kinda riding heel (not stiletto so as to keep them realistically  functional). the HDT mod seems to have an option that actually does raise these boots up a bit, but it's not a true high heel look. it doesn't seem to change the boot at all. just makes the foot part bigger and raises the toon up a bit

Are the files ready for download or is it still being worked on?

what files? there was a lot going on in this thread.

*edit*

For the boots

First download 1 of these.

ADEC

CBBE Slim

CHSBHC

UNP

Then download this and replace the meshes from above with the appropriate one.

* not if you picked CHSBHC

Swashbuckler Boots Update

And there is also a texture replacer

Swashbuckler Texture pack

Too lazy to link pics but i'm sure there are some in the .rars.

And i also did a 3rd style but its only for men, its also independent from all of the above but can still be used with them.

Swashbuckler Boots Style 3

I think they would look better with the feet more like the first picture in the OP. Do you think you can make another pair like that for CBBE curvy? Slim wouldn't fit my character and the curvy is the one most people use.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Are the files ready for download or is it still being worked on?

what files? there was a lot going on in this thread.

*edit*

For the boots

First download 1 of these.

ADEC

CBBE Slim

CHSBHC

UNP

Then download this and replace the meshes from above with the appropriate one.

* not if you picked CHSBHC

Swashbuckler Boots Update

And there is also a texture replacer

Swashbuckler Texture pack

Too lazy to link pics but i'm sure there are some in the .rars.

And i also did a 3rd style but its only for men, its also independent from all of the above but can still be used with them.

Swashbuckler Boots Style 3

aww, so those last short "folded down" boots are guy only? damn look graet

I think they would look better with the feet more like the first picture in the OP. Do you think you can make another pair like that for CBBE curvy? Slim wouldn't fit my character and the curvy is the one most people use.

teh i really like the shape of those feet and how there is a nice size heel

Archived