CTD reduction mod (maybe?)

ronttu

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44204

I just noticed that while looking for something quite entirely different' date=' does anyone have any experience with it?

It'd be especially nice if it cut back on some of the Sexout CTDs..

[/quote']

I downloaded it but aren't game to install it for a few days till I sort a few other things out first.

I doubt it will affect any Sexout CTD a lot as it's mainly fixing Vanilla CTD causes, can't hurt though to give it a go, I' not really experiencing any CTD anyway except when I screw up my mods or load order :)

Weird, isn't it? Goddess only knows just what it managed to conflict with to cause it... all I do know is it's the one mod that could be pin-pointed as a cause.

Trying to find which other mod(s) are involved in this would be more frustrating work than I care to deal with... and it didn't do much to stop my CTDs anyway. I'll just stick with not using it... :P

It's working for me. No CTD's since.

I use it with CASM and Gamecompanion (For fake fullscreen)

And I don't... which could well be a major part of my problem with it.

I'll have to give those a try and see if it changes anything.

CASM should be loaded last in your load order.

It takes care of savegame management allowing you to disable Quicksave and Autosave...which corrupt your game after a certain number of hours. CASM also saves on savegame bloat thru usage of "cycling files".

Gamecompanion is like Gamebooster but it allows the game to run in a windowed-mode but look like it's fullscreen. This gives windows better management of the resources of the game and the PC and allow for Alt-Tab to be used without corruption. There is some minor setup required to get it to work...you just have to add the "EXE filename" of the games you want to use with it to it's ".INI" file. You also have to configure the game you want to use with it to operate in a "Windowed" mode.

:)

Archived