IGNORED

Body piercing alignment problems

Hi all, so i had played around with the outfit studio and decided to have some custom piercings for my character body. I have also attached the 3d hair and vagina attached to the same body as well (they have no issues at all). Things went along fine for a while, but as I start adding more and more mods, I started to notice that the nipple and vaginal piercing were becoming misaligned when my character is fully nude. At this point I havnt tried anything yet as I am not sure where to even begin, any comment is much welcomed.

See two pictures below

1: character body in outfit studio which is perfectly aligned

Spoiler

11.thumb.jpg.5bee39e54c9483237a9b4a881d122bb7.jpg

and 2: character body in game with right nipple and vaginal piercings misaligned

Spoiler

20200301224214_1.thumb.jpg.75c3ab3a93f42e124b5302828a0aa723.jpg

Cheers.

11 hours ago, youngfool said:

Hi all, so i had played around with the outfit studio and decided to have some custom piercings for my character body. I have also attached the 3d hair and vagina attached to the same body as well (they have no issues at all). Things went along fine for a while, but as I start adding more and more mods, I started to notice that the nipple and vaginal piercing were becoming misaligned when my character is fully nude. At this point I havnt tried anything yet as I am not sure where to even begin, any comment is much welcomed.

See two pictures below

1: character body in outfit studio which is perfectly aligned

Reveal hidden contents

11.thumb.jpg.5bee39e54c9483237a9b4a881d122bb7.jpg

and 2: character body in game with right nipple and vaginal piercings misaligned

Reveal hidden contents

20200301224214_1.thumb.jpg.75c3ab3a93f42e124b5302828a0aa723.jpg

Cheers.

Hello YF.  After aligning all your parts (make a new project if necessary), click "Slider > Conform All". Then select / highlight all your piercings in the right "meshes" window, right-click and select "Copy Bone Weights". When you get a dialog for both "Conform All" and "Bone weights, if you are using the "newer" Outfit Studio / BodySlide  4.9, try setting "Search Radius" around 15 and "Max vertex Targets" around 10.  For older versions, just push the arrows all the way to the right. That should do it.

On 3/2/2020 at 10:42 AM, C5Kev said:

Hello YF.  After aligning all your parts (make a new project if necessary), click "Slider > Conform All". Then select / highlight all your piercings in the right "meshes" window, right-click and select "Copy Bone Weights". When you get a dialog for both "Conform All" and "Bone weights, if you are using the "newer" Outfit Studio / BodySlide  4.9, try setting "Search Radius" around 15 and "Max vertex Targets" around 10.  For older versions, just push the arrows all the way to the right. That should do it.

Worked like a charm, thanks. Just a side note, for anyone else having the same problem, in outfit studio, we have to duplicate the body mesh and set it as a reference, otherwise the bone weights wont copy. Thanks again C5Kev!

4 hours ago, youngfool said:

Worked like a charm, thanks. Just a side note, for anyone else having the same problem, in outfit studio, we have to duplicate the body mesh and set it as a reference, otherwise the bone weights wont copy. Thanks again C5Kev!

"... in outfit studio, we have to duplicate the body mesh and set it as a reference "  That is incorrect.  One starts a new project and selects the reference body at that point. Then load or import the piercings (move parts around if necessary), etc., "Conform" and then copy body weights of the reference body that already exists as part of the project.

Just to be clear, outfits, etc., should ALWAYS be made up in Outfit Studio as a new project using the "reference" body and NOT use / import any body already made with BodySlide.  After you make up your project (stuff fits and so on based on the "reference"), "Save Project As" - in this case "YoungFool's BodyPiercings".  That way, no matter what BodySlide preset one selects, the outfit will fit when made up with BodySlide.

You may want to look this over as well...