Advancing a quest stage following SexLab animation end?

MyNameIsnt

I'm currently creating a small-mid size adult questline and I've gotten most things I need working well. The issue is, I have a forcegreet set up to run when the quest is progressed following a SexLab animation, but the forcegreet triggers mid-animation and just sort of ruins the flow of the mood.

Is there a specific function I can call in the fragment to only update on animation end?

34 minutes ago, MyNameIsnt said:

I'm currently creating a small-mid size adult questline and I've gotten most things I need working well. The issue is, I have a forcegreet set up to run when the quest is progressed following a SexLab animation, but the forcegreet triggers mid-animation and just sort of ruins the flow of the mood.

Is there a specific function I can call in the fragment to only update on animation end?

There are several ways to handle this, but the quickest/cleanest might be to put a condition in the forcegreet that requires the player not to be in a sex scene (such as HasKeyword "SexlabActive" == 0, or GetInFaction "SelabAnimatingFaction" == 0)

17 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

There are several ways to handle this, but the quickest/cleanest might be to put a condition in the forcegreet that requires the player not to be in a sex scene (such as HasKeyword "SexlabActive" == 0, or GetInFaction "SelabAnimatingFaction" == 0)

I didn't even think about checking the actual quest conditions, thanks!

2 hours ago, MyNameIsnt said:

I didn't even think about checking the actual quest conditions, thanks!

Generally, with Forcegreets, it pays to have them checking for absolutely everything -- OR a better option is to have them trigger only when a very specific circumstance occurs.  If you can't control that circumstance, then yeah, check against everything.  Seriously.

IsDead

IsInCombat

HasKeyword: SexlabActive

IsInPCDialogue

IsInDialogue

IsSneaking

HasKeyword ActorTypeNPC (or whatever is appropriate)

Bad package triggers can be a cause for CTDs.

1 hour ago, Seijin8 said:

Generally, with Forcegreets, it pays to have them checking for absolutely everything -- OR a better option is to have them trigger only when a very specific circumstance occurs.  If you can't control that circumstance, then yeah, check against everything.  Seriously.

IsDead

IsInCombat

HasKeyword: SexlabActive

IsInPCDialogue

IsInDialogue

IsSneaking

HasKeyword ActorTypeNPC (or whatever is appropriate)

Bad package triggers can be a cause for CTDs.

Yeah these are tied to quest stage and specific circumstances to avoid overloading papyrus. Once the quest is finished I'll work on cleaning up the code and switching from variables like Game.GetPlayer() to PlayerREF but right now I'm focused on finishing and getting everything working smoothly.

Archived