Looking for hidden mods

Paul360

what exactly does 'no helmets required' do?

If you're looking for a way to remove helmets from every NPC in the game, i cant help with that.

If you're looking for a way to remove the helmets from all the guards, i found a nice mod for that.

If you're looking for a way to make your helmet invisible, i can help with that. I suck at mods, but i do know how to make any armor invisible and keep its stats.

what exactly does 'no helmets required' do?

If you're looking for a way to remove helmets from every NPC in the game, i cant help with that.

If you're looking for a way to remove the helmets from all the guards, i found a nice mod for that.

If you're looking for a way to make your helmet invisible, i can help with that. I suck at mods, but i do know how to make any armor invisible and keep its stats.

The mod removes helmets as a requirement for the light- and heavy armor perks so that a "set" consists of only cuircass, gloves and boots. I didn't spend all the time customizing my characters just to hide the faces under a helmet. I don't mind loosing the armor stats for not wearing a helmet, but for most perks it doesn't make sense to require one. At least to me, they sound more like "if you're only wearing matching armor of type X" as opposed to "if you wear all armor pieces of type X". That said, I guess invisible helmets would give similar results (found a mod that can do that here).

Actually found another mod that fits exactly what I want: Armor perks for no helmet. Am a bit worried since it hasn't been updated for half a year and the last comments say it's broken, but I'll give it a try.

If anyone's curious on what the other mod does: It makes Serana mimic the player's form (human, vampire).

There's also the mod that auto hides helmets when your weapon is not drawn - Auto Unequip Helmet ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13298 ).  I've used his Auto Equip Arrows mod and that one works rather well.  The only known issue is actually an SKSE/Skyrim issue where when a piece of self-enchanted armor is equiped through scripting, no magical effects will be added.  So if you enchant a helmet yourself, you will have to remember to remove and readd it through inventory to get the magical effect.  Supposedly prebuilt enchanted items don't have this problem (whether from vanilla game or mod created).  It's been reported to the SKSE developers.

Archived