Wolf Crash Near Riverwood [Solved]

Gunchap Red

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

what does that even mean?

You don't crash near wolves anymore but somewhere else?

you mean this: This mod adds aspects from the "Undeath" lichdom mod into the phenomenal player home "Sjel Blad Castle"?

why would that help?

You lost me there ^^

If your game gets more stable the less mods you have installed you might want to try the skyrim stability fixes

https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/10715-2020-skyrim-le-stability-guide/

I can get closer to the wolves, but the game still crashes if i get too close.

15 minutes ago, Gunchap Red said:

I can get closer to the wolves, but the game still crashes if i get too close.

Are those the wolves near Riverwood?

Did you try wolves somewhere else?

Just asking, because if you come close to the Riverwood Cell other stuff gets loaded too:

> Children

> NPCs added by mods

> Riverwood modified by mods

> Containers/items added by mods close/in Riverwood

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

Are those the wolves near Riverwood?

Did you try wolves somewhere else?

Just asking, because if you come close to the Riverwood Cell other stuff gets loaded too:

> Children

> NPCs added by mods

> Riverwood modified by mods

> Containers/items added by mods close/in Riverwood

Yes and Yes

17 hours ago, Gunchap Red said:

Also, any ideas now?

Several.

Get the number of esps to 253 or less.

Install the stability tools and double-check they are configured correctly. You have a number of mods which are adding lots of NPCs to your game plus you have HDT Cloaks and an HDT Hair mod.

Get rid of this: Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm. It's not been updated since 2014! Those things are shit anyway, you are much better doing the spadework yourself so when things go wrong you have a greater understanding of how to fix it.

You have Skykids and RS Children installed. Why?

Get rid of this: dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp XPMSE deals with ragdolling.

DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp Not been updated since 2013!

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

ELFX - Weathers.esp

The ELFX Weathers

-It should be compatible with any mod that doesn't change the weathers. It may be compatible with Climates of Tamriel, because it doesn't change the vanilla weathers, but I don't recommend it, because CoT has so much weathers that you may barely experience mine.

Count how many slots are taken by your lighting and weather mods.

Count how many patches and fixes you have there.

Count how many slots Perkus Max is taking.

If you aren't using an ENB preset than most of the weather and lighting effects will be wasted anyway.

What's this? daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp I know what DAYMOL is but what is the add-on?

Run For Your Lives.esp I 'm sure something else does this now but I can't remember what it is. Immersive Citizens? I know I've not had to use it your a few years.

Ther's probably more but that should keep you out of mischief for a while.

22 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Several.

Get the number of esps to 253 or less.

Install the stability tools and double-check they are configured correctly. You have a number of mods which are adding lots of NPCs to your game plus you have HDT Cloaks and an HDT Hair mod.

Get rid of this: Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm. It's not been updated since 2014! Those things are shit anyway, you are much better doing the spadework yourself so when things go wrong you have a greater understanding of how to fix it.

You have Skykids and RS Children installed. Why?

Get rid of this: dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp XPMSE deals with ragdolling.

DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp Not been updated since 2013!

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

ELFX - Weathers.esp

The ELFX Weathers

-It should be compatible with any mod that doesn't change the weathers. It may be compatible with Climates of Tamriel, because it doesn't change the vanilla weathers, but I don't recommend it, because CoT has so much weathers that you may barely experience mine.

Count how many slots are taken by your lighting and weather mods.

Count how many patches and fixes you have there.

Count how many slots Perkus Max is taking.

If you aren't using an ENB preset than most of the weather and lighting effects will be wasted anyway.

What's this? daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp I know what DAYMOL is but what is the add-on?

Run For Your Lives.esp I 'm sure something else does this now but I can't remember what it is. Immersive Citizens? I know I've not had to use it your a few years.

Ther's probably more but that should keep you out of mischief for a while.

1: Already below 253 through testing.

2: Already done.

3: Doing it now.

4: RS Children's playable race is incomplete and not intended for serious playthroughs. (And guess who wants to do a manakete playthrough!)

5: Doing right now.

6: Is there any harm with it? It may just be done.

7: I'll keep note at least.

8: Dawnguard add-on for Death Alternative, likely tied to vampires.

9: I've been told to never trust Immersive Citizens, so i'll stick to Run For Your Lives

10: Also, an update, the crash does not happen if i revert the game to vanilla. I used MO to create a vanilla profile.

36 minutes ago, Gunchap Red said:

10: Also, an update, the crash does not happen if i revert the game to vanilla. I used MO to create a vanilla profile.

Well then, easy way is to re-add a clump of mods at a time and see how it goes.

39 minutes ago, Gunchap Red said:

8: Dawnguard add-on for Death Alternative, likely tied to vampires.

It's not part of DAYMOL, I checked the Nexus page.

40 minutes ago, Gunchap Red said:

9: I've been told to never trust Immersive Citizens,

Who by and for why?

As for the others, just my opinion. I am a 'less is more' kind of guy. I run about 370 mods but only have about 200-210 plug-ins while still having all my angles covered.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Well then, easy way is to re-add a clump of mods at a time and see how it goes.

It's not part of DAYMOL, I checked the Nexus page.

Who by and for why?

As for the others, just my opinion. I am a 'less is more' kind of guy. I run about 370 mods but only have about 200-210 plug-ins while still having all my angles covered.

Might be a seperate file and it's been brought up every time i look up things similar to my crash.

Anyways, i'll get back to testing.

1 minute ago, Gunchap Red said:

Anyways, back to the issue. I uninstalled the mods you asked of me, and i still get the crash. This time i'm finding the crash at Helgen, when Alduin flies away.

I thought you were starting from a vanilla profile and adding groups of mods? That's your best way of tracking down a problem that is moving around.

I've never played the vanilla game so I have only a slim grasp of it.

6 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I thought you were starting from a vanilla profile and adding groups of mods? That's your best way of tracking down a problem that is moving around.

I've never played the vanilla game so I have only a slim grasp of it.

Excuse my poor wording, yes that's what i was doing. And although i fixed the crash with Alduin, i still crash when i walk down the road from Helgen. Green Water Fix was the culprit there. However, i still have more work to do. I'll keep you posted.

Well, i think i've finally done it. I've fixed this bug! Apparently, it wasn't just one mod, but multiple causing crashes down the road from Helgen. Green Water Fix, Pirates Of Skyrim, and Floating Healthbars.

Floating Healthbars just needed to be tweaked by moving the files to the folder before it, and boom, fixed!

The other 2 mods i straight up removed. Green Water Fix i feel I may not need anymore, as i switched from Pure Waters to Realistic Water 2 a while back. But Pirates Of Skyrim is a disheartening casualty, as i really wanted to do a pirate themed playthrough. 

Anyways, thank you for your help, this issue is finally solved.

12 hours ago, Gunchap Red said:

Pero Pirates Of Skyrim es una baja desalentadora,

Pirates Of Skyrim works perfectly without any problem in my game. As you can see, I downloaded it on September 27, 2018 and played it completely for many months until I got bored and uninstalled it.

Spoiler

image.png

If you have CTD when you activate Pirates Of Skyrim, it must be caused by a bad mod order or compatibility problem. Some Pirates Of Skyrim files are overwritten by another mod or Pirates Of Skyrim is overwriting critical files in other mods. Verify your installation.

The simple fact that a mod causes CTD and the CTD disappears when the mod is removed does not mean, in a unique, safe and absolute way, that the mod has a problem. It may be, it is possible, but 99% of the times it is a bad overwrite or a compatibility problem with another mod.

Think that 99% of the mods works alone in a perfect and absolute way.

Then, 99% of the problems are caused by a bad installation or bad compatibility.

In base, a bad configuration.

Archived