Codemasters: Fuel racing game

landess

I can't be the only one whom did a search for largest game world. I did this after Mad Max was released with it's 'promise' of having the largest game world to date. It may be 'true' but there was no way to know. Entering the wastes/no mans land was possible, but then shortly after the player begins taking damage till dead. Clever? I prefer sad boasting.

Codemasters 'FUEL' appeared to be the one holding the title. So I recently 'acquired' a copy, and with the necessary tools was able to run it on my WIN10 system. Oh, yes, the same company whom gave me 'Operation: Flashpoint' and the ARMA series. Cool! I can honestly say it looks and runs fine. When one is traveling in excess of 50MPH on avg, no need for the detail of the modern - on foot (sorry Batman) releases. 

---> So to my reason for the post. I can save, and auto save. Everything seems fine. When I try to start a career mode, or challenge, the game goes through all the menus, then ignores the command to 'start'. It just sits there. I can easily go back to previous options, so it isn't freezing up or other behavior of this type. I just can't unlock any other zone till I collect enough 'rewards'. These need the other game modes besides 'free-roam' to accomplish.

In race mode, there are settings to the left showing how the race will be started - 8 player max/etc. yet I see no way to change this to 1. Yeah I know 1 player alone isn't in any kind of 'race'. Challenges are made for single player, and same for it - the game will just sit there.... It's like some bad joke button - does nothing, although I'm led to believe it does. Clicking start gives animation and sound of the activity, yet nothing occurs afterwards.

I was seriously hoping another person whom has experience with this game may be able to enlighten me. I just wanted to chill out, in a free-drive environment, and see for myself what a 14,000 sq Kilo map looks like, as well as just lose myself in the landscape. Because the map appears to be broken up into zones (looks like around 16 huge ones) and they need to be unlocked, until I have the ability to do so, am unsure if it's actually a continuous map once unlocked, or a new zone loaded in. If it's the latter, then to me the boast of biggest would only included it's largest 'zone'. The fact no flight sims took the title is odd - perhaps they were excluded. (Further reading - it was a console thing, not PC)

I've played a few MMO's, and always considered these big, but if it isn't continuous, then that loading screen fails the test. Witcher 3 has almost no loading screens, same as Mad Max, or the Mordor series.

tldr: Player needs advice on getting single player/offline career mode to function so other areas can be unlocked for world exploration. Also curious if unlocked zones need a loading screen to transition.

AARRRGGGHHHH.

OKAY!

And they wonder why I 'dislike' console games.....

Anyways apparently there are menu hoops to jump through which aren't intuitive since the same 'options' can be reached in other ways. Driving to the start didn't work, but somehow during my most recent 'try', I was able to join a race through the career menu at the start of game. I may have it figured out somewhat, and there's hope. Won the first race so I guess I need to grind stars and fuel now. Anyone else wanting to play on PC in 2020 on WIN 10 is welcome to ask me how I got this 'game', and got it up and running. Now going to install the texture shader mod to take advantage of modern tech.

So basically:   SOLVED

Archived