Pocket Cole

My first new mod coming back to modding 2020.

Recommended to reinstall the required follower (Cole) if you had the mod.

If not, install install the follower mod first.

Make sure this mod's esp is below the follower's esp in load order.

Q: What does this mod do?

A: It revamps Cole. Start by finding the book at Whiterun catacombs. The rest are meant to be figured out.

Q: Elaborate more?

A: DROP THE BASS

Comment if any issues.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/18/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30634
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

so i found the book and read it and nothing happens. i put this mod after the cole follower esp, and hadn't found her at jorrvaskr yet, and can't see her there anywhere after reading the book. hint please?

never mind, something borked in my game, cole wont follow with your esp not loaded. will fix that first and try again. apologies.

19 hours ago, ilkhan8 said:

Sooooo, this starts a CK and XEdit quest?!

Well, if you can't be bothered ofc.

5 hours ago, jclyde6108 said:

so i found the book and read it and nothing happens. i put this mod after the cole follower esp, and hadn't found her at jorrvaskr yet, and can't see her there anywhere after reading the book. hint please?

never mind, something borked in my game, cole wont follow with your esp not loaded. will fix that first and try again. apologies.

Nice. I'm sure there's a hint when reading it.

On 2/20/2020 at 11:06 PM, jclyde6108 said:

i saw the words that popped up when i read the book but haven't figured out what they mean if they're the hint. but i will eventually i'm sure.

Me too. I confess that I don't know English but ... after reading the book Cole has disappeared, no quest has opened.
I will search for clues, maybe I read "sauna" :/ ?

Spoiler

20200222002126_1.jpg.2482da71277cfd3d1e1a9a66d5ec3526.jpg

4 hours ago, PariahOh said:

Me too. I confess that I don't know English but ... after reading the book Cole has disappeared, no quest has opened.
I will search for clues, maybe I read "sauna" :/ ?

Reveal hidden contents

20200222002126_1.jpg.2482da71277cfd3d1e1a9a66d5ec3526.jpg

It is an in-game language but that shouldn't be the only hint if you had gotten the book properly.

Didn't figure out how this mod works yet. It sounds like that Cole can be summoned in some situations?

Have found the book, and after read it Cole seems to be disabled. And the words"Iron Hand Bound", I found the Iron hand gauntlets but no thing happen. Do I missed something?

BTW, the dialog from this mod appears to my other followers. After tell them to have a rest they disappeared just like Cole, and I didn't find a way yet to call them back except console "enable". This mod must have something to call the vanished followers out I think.

10 minutes ago, stanley2736 said:

BTW, the dialog from this mod appears to my other followers. After tell them to have a rest they disappeared just like Cole, and I didn't find a way yet to call them back except console "enable". This mod must have something to call the vanished followers out I think.

I'll look into that.

i figured it out sort of by accident.

Spoiler

go get the ironhand gauntlets from the boss at river's watch. drop the ironhand gauntlets from your inventory to get cole back. pick them up to put her away.

i see that same dialog on other followers, telling them to take a rest will result in them disappearing but i see no way to get them back...

6 hours ago, fantasy19 said:

It is an in-game language but that shouldn't be the only hint if you had gotten the book properly.

Yes, stupid me, how not to have understood it before :D

i see that same dialog on other followers, telling them to take a rest will result in them disappearing but i see no way to get them back...

Same problem.

5 hours ago, fantasy19 said:

pick them up? you mean picking the gauntlet up after dropping it?

Spoiler

yes previously i got into a state where the gauntlets were on the ground when i dropped them the first time and picking them back up triggered an action.

but i can't seem to make that happen now.

ok, so fresh start....have lydia serana and cole as followers. go to whiterun and read the book, cole disappears. other followers have dialog at this point.

run to white river watch and beat boss. when i regain gauntlets cole reappears. if i talk to her and pick rest option, she disappears and gauntlets are added to inventory.

if i drop gauntlets she reappears but gauntlets are nowhere to be seen. if i then talk to serana and pick same option serana disappears and gauntlets are added.

when i drop gauntlets the second time cole blinks out and reappears but serana is gone until i use console commands to reenable her.

huh. your new file really only has ColeMT.pex growing slightly. and the whole package is like 4 kb. what was so large?

anyway, i tried the new version via overwrite. i tried to use fallrim tools to clear mod out of the save (since scripts are baked in usually). and i tried reverting all the way back to a save with no cole mod or pocket cole mod. in all cases either nobody had the dialog (including cole) or everybody did. so i don't see any difference.

suggestion - just an idea - maybe instead of dialog driving your mod, add an item. say an empty bottle or a pendant or a special empty soul gem. then add a second flavor of the same item (a 'full' flavor). when the empty item gets 'used', hide cole, and switch the item in the inventory to the 'full' one. when the full item gets used, unhide cole and switch the inventory item back to empty...initially place the empty item in the world and add a little quest to find it.

once that works, an effect could be added to the full item to make it glow dimly, and animations/effects could be added to the hide and unhide process too.

and for that matter the scripts could be made to work generically with any follower (eft,nff,vanilla), just one at a time.

so if the item gets dropped a havoked ground mesh appears so the item isnt lost. it has to be used to trigger the action. adding/removing from inventory wouldnt do it.

11 hours ago, jclyde6108 said:

huh. your new file really only has ColeMT.pex growing slightly. and the whole package is like 4 kb. what was so large?

anyway, i tried the new version via overwrite. i tried to use fallrim tools to clear mod out of the save (since scripts are baked in usually). and i tried reverting all the way back to a save with no cole mod or pocket cole mod. in all cases either nobody had the dialog (including cole) or everybody did. so i don't see any difference.

suggestion - just an idea - maybe instead of dialog driving your mod, add an item. say an empty bottle or a pendant or a special empty soul gem. then add a second flavor of the same item (a 'full' flavor). when the empty item gets 'used', hide cole, and switch the item in the inventory to the 'full' one. when the full item gets used, unhide cole and switch the inventory item back to empty...initially place the empty item in the world and add a little quest to find it.

once that works, an effect could be added to the full item to make it glow dimly, and animations/effects could be added to the hide and unhide process too.

and for that matter the scripts could be made to work generically with any follower (eft,nff,vanilla), just one at a time.

so if the item gets dropped a havoked ground mesh appears so the item isnt lost. it has to be used to trigger the action. adding/removing from inventory wouldnt do it.

The file size is a joke, glad it went misunderstood.

Anyways i tried on vanilla followers this time and it seems to be a minor issue. Fixed it and uploaded a new file.

Just a reload of the mod is needed if overwrite isn't working.

If you are reloading the mod and have items you don wanna lose from Cole take it out from her.