Rayman Legends' Barbara (Request)

Apparently Rayman Legends is moddable. I want to know if anyone is willing to make a nude mod of Barbara. Just Barbara, not any of the other princesses. That would be too much of a work load for a mere request. It shouldn't be too hard if you have the art skills, since the characters are made up of several parts as opposed to being one whole sprite. A Rayman forum has all the instructions you'll need, but it looks like it'll take a while.

https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21639

This is how the sprites are laid out, image from the Sprites Resource.

This game also has a free demo on Steam if you don't have the game and want to test if the mod works.

barbara_pack_basic_001_0.png

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I got good news and bad news. The good news is, I took some time to draw something up that should be to your (and my) liking. Granted, I've only exposed the breasts, but I'm no artist and I'm happy with what I was able to do. Btw, here is my maste rwork:

barbaranude.pdn

barbaranude.png.dfa62b474f480a797ef07c70b4da50aa.png

The bad news...

I have no fucking clue as to how I get it into the game. The link you sent was to extract files and install premade mods. I did some digging and that has left me as, if not even more clueless than when I originally started. So, if someone else can pick this project up and put these textures in a .ckd file or something and share them, I'd appreciate it.  :)

Edited by NotHereForever
file was .pdn instead of .png
14 minutes ago, NotHereForever said:

Well, I got good news and bad news. The good news is, I took some time to draw something up that should be to your (and my) liking. Granted, I've only exposed the breasts, but I'm no artist and I'm happy with what I was able to do. Btw, here is my maste rwork:

barbaranude.pdn 1.82 MB · 2 downloads

barbaranude.png.dfa62b474f480a797ef07c70b4da50aa.png

The bad news...

I have no fucking clue as to how I get it into the game. The link you sent was to extract files and install premade mods. I did some digging and that has left me as, if not even more clueless than when I originally started. So, if someone else can pick this project up and put these textures in a .ckd file or something and share them, I'd appreciate it.  :)

i used to have something called the Rayman Control Panel that i think could extract and replace textures but im not sure because i cant get the program to work anymore after my new hard drive installation 

HAHAAA, IT WORKS!!!! It doesn't look god aweful, but my complete lack of artistic skills doesn't do it much good.. ANYWAY

Basically, here's what you need to do:

1) Download my edited .PNG of her assets from two posts back.

2) Download, install and run the Rayman Control Panel using this link: https://raymanpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25761

3) In the RCP (Rayman Control Panel), go to the Utilities tab all the way at the top.

4) Look at the 'UbiArt Archives (.ipk)' option and use the dropdown to find Rayman Legends (PC) or whatever option is viable for you and click on 'Open'.

5) Find your way to this path "Bundle_PC.ipk:/cache/itf_cooked/pc/world/common/playablecharacter/barbara/animation"

6) Rightclick on the skinpack you want to change, the most fitting one for this retexture would be 'barbara_pack_basic_001_0.tga.ckd', and click on 'Import'.

7) Now you just need to find where you saved my retexture .PNG and import it into the selected file by clicking it.

8) Save your changes and run the game.

9) Gloat in pride as you have now succesfully made your first mod/retexture.

Side note: For those who aren't me, you may disregard step 9.

To anyone who still has any questions, I now consider myself an expert on this matter so ask ahead!

And that should do it! Thank you, hilbo75, for mentioning the RCP. That really was key to figuring this one out! And FoodForDinner, you're welcome :)969557917_RaymanLegendsScreenshot2021_08.04-21_36_07.44(2).png.397f55998bb62b102f338b5d1a9986a3.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I was waiting for something like the control panel to come out to get back to working on this 
i am currently working on removing the skirt on the model and the bubble(which will be hard) 
my brain is currently racked on if i should have a pink vagina line or a tuft of orange hair with it 
ALSO THANK YOU NotHereForever FOR TAKING MY THUNDER 
A whole ass year ago
i promise i was working on it but then the tech wasn't meeting my needs then i got a new pc then i got a job an shi ong 

image_2022-09-07_134120302.png

• 5 months later...

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Saw this thread and thought I’d have a go doing a topless edit of Selena’s sprites. With a higher screen resolution it seems to blend in pretty well with the original art.

Here’s a quick collage of the edit from various screenshots.

image.png.082825b2faaf748e57cb4bb8e593501b.png

Taking the screenshots, my eyes were suddenly drawn to the fact that the animation of going from stand, to jump, to glide, has this sudden boob thrust/boob popout that I thought was an error on my part, but it’s actually present in all of Barbara’s skins. Maybe she just wants to set her puppies free???

One thing I’d like to point out for other people wanting to attempt these kind of edits this is that the game only takes into account the painted areas that exist on the original sprite sheets. So, if your dream is to have Barbara with a rack the size of her head, I don’t think it’s going to happen without some kind of modification to what the game recognises as each section of her body.

This problem is why keen observers may notice a slight decrease in Selena’s bust size from her original one in my edit. It took me a bit of trial and error to get her nipples still within the margins.

As GloopyTyper4 has shown, trying to do the torso sections is pretty tricky. I think if you were to use onion skinning with a screenshot of each frame from Barbara’s various in game poses, you should be able to get a good idea of where her hips and legs match up when drawing them.

Here's my Topless Selena edit if you want to try it out:

image.thumb.png.8e2fd4d7a97658196097aa694ba02918.png

Replace "barbara_pack_mexicandark_001_0.tga.ckd" with my edit using Rayman Control Panel. Look at NotHereForever's post above for instructions.

Edited by ChronicleKeeper
21 hours ago, Solidlion said:

I wonder if Rayman Origins is moddable? I'd rather see those nymphs naked then Barbara and her several sisters.

It should be.

I’ve already extracted the sprite sheets and most of the nymphs could be made topless without too much difficultly (3 sets of orbs per nymph sprite sheet) except for Helena who wears a one piece dress that you’d need to edit too.

Voodoo Mamma also wears a dress but since she has only a single frame for her body on the sprite sheet, it’s pretty simple to turn her dress into a skirt and make her topless or do a full nude mod.

I’d just not be willing to test it out in-game since you have to beat the entirely of Land of the Livid Dead and beat Big Mama to see approximately 5 seconds of nudity. 

Thinking it over, I’ll give it a go and see how it turns out. I’ll start a new thread when I’ve actually got something to post since this one is specifically for Barbara’s skins.

It should be a little easier than Barbara’s skins since they’re all flat colours and there’s no blending necessary to try and keep it looking similar.

I think I'll still try doing a topless Barbara edit at some point as well.

On 2/17/2023 at 3:53 PM, ChronicleKeeper said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Saw this thread and thought I’d have a go doing a topless edit of Selena’s sprites. With a higher screen resolution it seems to blend in pretty well with the original art.

Here’s a quick collage of the edit from various screenshots.

image.png.082825b2faaf748e57cb4bb8e593501b.png

Taking the screenshots, my eyes were suddenly drawn to the fact that the animation of going from stand, to jump, to glide, has this sudden boob thrust/boob popout that I thought was an error on my part, but it’s actually present in all of Barbara’s skins. Maybe she just wants to set her puppies free???

One thing I’d like to point out for other people wanting to attempt these kind of edits this is that the game only takes into account the painted areas that exist on the original sprite sheets. So, if your dream is to have Barbara with a rack the size of her head, I don’t think it’s going to happen without some kind of modification to what the game recognises as each section of her body.

This problem is why keen observers may notice a slight decrease in Selena’s bust size from her original one in my edit. It took me a bit of trial and error to get her nipples still within the margins.

As GloopyTyper4 has shown, trying to do the torso sections is pretty tricky. I think if you were to use onion skinning with a screenshot of each frame from Barbara’s various in game poses, you should be able to get a good idea of where her hips and legs match up when drawing them.

Here's my Topless Selena edit if you want to try it out:

image.thumb.png.8e2fd4d7a97658196097aa694ba02918.png

Replace "barbara_pack_mexicandark_001_0.tga.ckd" with my edit using Rayman Control Panel. Look at NotHereForever's post above for instructions.

Can you upload the programs that are needed to mod Legends? I've lost them and the Rayman forum thread about modding Legends has dead links to download.