Noob question about .nifs and .tris

So i need a little help with understanding some things. I have mod A that adds npcs with new armor, but these armors are for different bodytype. I installed a mod B that has the same armor but with body that i use, generated meshes (with morphs) that i need with bodyslide, moved them and renamed to match those from mod A (basically replacing meshes from mod A). But thing is in mod B they replacing vanilla clothing and using vanilla game paths. I know how to edit texture path in nifscope, but meshes also have NiStringExtraData, which are pointing to .tri files in vanilla directory. The question is what would be the easiest method to point them to different .tri files in different folders, as i cant seem to just simply type in new path in nifscope. And is it even needed? or they will just use .tri files with the same name from the same folder?

I know i can point mod A's esp to files from mod B, but mod B replaces vanilla, and im already using different vanilla replacer, so i need them to be in different folder.

Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, true.faker said:

So i need a little help with understanding some things. I have mod A that adds npcs with new armor, but these armors are for different bodytype. I installed a mod B that has the same armor but with body that i use, generated meshes (with morphs) that i need with bodyslide, moved them and renamed to match those from mod A (basically replacing meshes from mod A). But thing is in mod B they replacing vanilla clothing and using vanilla game paths. I know how to edit texture path in nifscope, but meshes also have NiStringExtraData, which are pointing to .tri files in vanilla directory. The question is what would be the easiest method to point them to different .tri files in different folders, as i cant seem to just simply type in new path in nifscope. And is it even needed? or they will just use .tri files with the same name from the same folder?

I know i can point mod A's esp to files from mod B, but mod B replaces vanilla, and im already using different vanilla replacer, so i need them to be in different folder.

Thanks in advance!

basically change tri file (BS morph data) path 'NiStringExtraData" work without problem for me.   I remember, when I need different body  tri for custom NPC  body,   I set file path so.  But you may better, test it with use racemenu and change BS silider value.   (EFF or other mod which can call racemenu and edit for NPC)

And If I were you,  I may load the "mod B outfit project", in OS, then save as new OS project, " CustomNPCA armor" ), but  set  generate nif path  as mod A NPC armor nif path. and set nif name (if it changed) correctly.

And load the CustomNPCA armor in BS, generate armor mesh with morph option.  so it generate mesh, with tri morph file, in same directory. (it should overwrite NPC armor mesh.nif  with use same name + offer tri file)

The good thing is,  you can change NPC body and NPC armor, with your custom shape preset, whenever you hope, with use same BS slider preset. 

4 hours ago, greenmango12 said:

basically change tri file (BS morph data) path 'NiStringExtraData" work without problem for me.   I remember, when I need different body  tri for custom NPC  body,   I set file path so.  But you may better, test it with use racemenu and change BS silider value.   (EFF or other mod which can call racemenu and edit for NPC)

And If I were you,  I may load the "mod B outfit project", in OS, then save as new OS project, " CustomNPCA armor" ), but  set  generate nif path  as mod A NPC armor nif path. and set nif name (if it changed) correctly.

And load the CustomNPCA armor in BS, generate armor mesh with morph option.  so it generate mesh, with tri morph file, in same directory. (it should overwrite NPC armor mesh.nif  with use same name + offer tri file)

The good thing is,  you can change NPC body and NPC armor, with your custom shape preset, whenever you hope, with use same BS slider preset. 

Thanks for help! I got it working now.

Archived