Vioxsis' Strap-On's of Fallout 4

• 1 month later...

According to the mod description, this mod lets you pick the color of the strapon.

But, that does not work, for a variety of reasons.

One reason is that the color selection step depends on AAF.esp (but we currently use AAF.esm).

Another reason seems to be that the color selection step does not select any mesh or texture files.

Instead, when I edited this mod's ModuleConfig.xml to look for AAF.esm instead of AAF.esp, and reinstalled it (in MO2) I got a new file in this mod's install: 

AAF/Vioxsis_Strap-ons_equipmentSetData.xml

I am rebuilding my entire fallout 4 setup from scratch (because I had to reinstall fallout 4 to get the game to launch even directly from Steam), so I won't be able to test whether this let me pick the strapon color for a while. But I noticed this and decided I should mention it here.

Followup edit: so... this file is in the ultimate aaf patch, which would override anything picked in this mod. (But, previously, the in-game appearance was a purple "no-texture" appearance, and the UAP seems to have selected a black texture. But I have not gotten that far yet with rebuilding and testing and verifying my mod config.)

Edited by sen4mi
increase accuracy of description
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I JUST added this mod. tried both, this one and VIO. Same results, both are not appearing for me. I even entered the console commands and saw the messages... but when I try activating a scene, nothing seems to appear. I even tried the console commands again while the scene was happening... my animations are leito, bp70, and atomic lust, and still.. no strap on is showing up. I can definitely see it in body slide and customize it. However, I didn't build batch, only build it.. maybe should I build batch? or could it possibly be my Load Order? Also, was I suppose to enter JUST that command? or was I suppose to enter another command afterwards? sorry, I'm fairly new at modding, but I can get most of it. I just don't know how to make it appear.

Edited by MisfitMazza
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are the strap ons supposed to align themselves for animations so it looks more realistic? They used to do that when I used this mod before, but now they just remain sticking straight out.

Fallout49_11_20236_10_40PM.png.6a3632d4bc1d26e2dffaa174a1191925.png

Is there something else I'm supposed to do for this or am I just crazy?

10 hours ago, DeadJester226 said:

Are the strap ons supposed to align themselves for animations so it looks more realistic? They used to do that when I used this mod before, but now they just remain sticking straight out.

These original strap-ons are rigid, and only have an erection up/down morph, nothing more. You might want to try adding this patch which switches out the model to one with more articulated morphs: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/28163-vioxsis-strap-on-zex-bones-fixed-engine-lesbian-xml-patch-82923/

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

These original strap-ons are rigid, and only have an erection up/down morph, nothing more. You might want to try adding this patch which switches out the model to one with more articulated morphs: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/28163-vioxsis-strap-on-zex-bones-fixed-engine-lesbian-xml-patch-82923/

Environment Cubemapping Framework - Do you need this if you're not a modder? It seems to just be a modder's resource thing.

21 minutes ago, DeadJester226 said:

Environment Cubemapping Framework - Do you need this if you're not a modder? It seems to just be a modder's resource thing.

Read the description, but it's required if you want to use the optional latex textures. Otherwise you can ignore it.

Just now, vaultbait said:

Read the description, but it's required if you want to use the optional latex textures. Otherwise you can ignore it.

Don't worry, I'm not an amateur. I actually know how to read the descriptions of mods. Though, I'm now having another issue. I installed everything they said to, but now I'm having... this.

Spoiler

Fallout49_12_202311_53_52AM.png.18dac5c91620de70efd12b499abc8879.png

I installed the mods and their requirements, I ran LOOT to make sure nothing was out of whack, but now this is happening. I'm pretty sure I missed something, but I don't know what.

22 minutes ago, DeadJester226 said:

I installed the mods and their requirements, I ran LOOT to make sure nothing was out of whack, but now this is happening. I'm pretty sure I missed something, but I don't know what.

That mod has its own support topic too, so you'll probably have better luck asking there (I've only played with it a little so far).

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, EngineGaming said:

could you elaborate? do you mean to say that I should delete this mod?

I have installed all possible fixes, the strapon mod has been a huge pain, getting it to work is tough. 

There was another user on these forums who was having the same issue, he fixed it by deleting literally everything and reinstalling again, I honestly would rather not do that. 

Edited by MisterNoName
1 hour ago, MisterNoName said:

could you elaborate? do you mean to say that I should delete this mod?

I have installed all possible fixes, the strapon mod has been a huge pain, getting it to work is tough. 

There was another user on these forums who was having the same issue, he fixed it by deleting literally everything and reinstalling again, I honestly would rather not do that. 

Since this comes a packed up stuff from vio's modders resources, you can either keep it installed, or install mine with renamed plugins (and it adds support for synth) along with indarello's patch.

My patch tells u what mods you need, and what actually works.
My xml patches for animations, add equipments of fixed strap-ons unless u got any other's patches. Both have the same formids it seems.

Edited by EngineGaming
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Works perfectly with staged leito plus erection fix so far. I'm now looking for a way to use the viedoe as opposed to the harness, and to use one of the other colors. From my understanding, this would require retexturing in outfit studio, no? Entry level mod user just seeking a little guidance for this one. If anyone has done this successfully, please let me know how. Thank you for your time.

1 hour ago, Guttro said:

Works perfectly with staged leito plus erection fix so far. I'm now looking for a way to use the viedoe as opposed to the harness, and to use one of the other colors. From my understanding, this would require retexturing in outfit studio, no? Entry level mod user just seeking a little guidance for this one. If anyone has done this successfully, please let me know how. Thank you for your time.

I think what you want to do is select the viodoe "outfit" in BodySlide and then click the build button (you probably want to make sure the build morphs checkbox is checked too).

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I think what you want to do is select the viodoe "outfit" in BodySlide and then click the build button (you probably want to make sure the build morphs checkbox is checked too).

As it would be, my ignorance played a part here. I had previously built the viodoe and the strapon, and can spawn them in, but when I do a lesbian anim it defaults to the same strapon model each time. By the way, I really appreciate all your help. Very glad that there's an active community on this site that encourages novices like me.

58 minutes ago, Guttro said:

As it would be, my ignorance played a part here. I had previously built the viodoe and the strapon, and can spawn them in, but when I do a lesbian anim it defaults to the same strapon model each time. By the way, I really appreciate all your help. Very glad that there's an active community on this site that encourages novices like me.

Pretty sure the FOMOD installer menu for the lesbian animation files gives you an option of which one (strap-on, dildo...) you want it to use.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Pretty sure the FOMOD installer menu for the lesbian animation files gives you an option of which one (strap-on, dildo...) you want it to use.

Figured it out, had to install a "fixed version" that included the color and model selection for vortex. Thanks again for all your help!

I'm sorely confused.  So the strap-on in game looks different from the one from this mod.  the one in game has no belt around the waist its only a front and back strap that is silver in color while the strap on from this mod is more flesh colored.  i cant find for the life of me what the other strap-on is.  if i try to add strap-on with help "strap-on" 4 the only strap-on its able to add is the camo one the rest give an error that they dont exist.  but i can see the id in the list.  man im confused.