[Bug] Skyrim chasing echoes quest Serana walks away

Help. I'm doing dawnguard quest chasing echoes when I enter Valerica laboratory Serana keep walking away so I can't open the portal to Soul Cairn.  I read that it may have something to do with follower mod AFT and My Home Is Your Home but I didn't set her home with that mod. I try reloading save, attack her, reset her use AFT but nothing work she just keep walking away.

I have similar problem earlier with Karliah  walking away in thieves guild nightingale quest and its driving me insane.

3 hours ago, Uncle64 said:

Your bug may be spelled AFT.

Serana is one of the followers you should not use AFT or what ever follower mod on, she have her own follower framework whit her own packages.

So is there anything I can do to pass the quest? Maybe use console conmand? Is there a way to disable ATF for Serana without loading a earlier save?

38 minutes ago, assassin394 said:

So is there anything I can do to pass the quest? Maybe use console conmand? Is there a way to disable ATF for Serana without loading a earlier save?

It is several of years since I ditched AFT for superior follower mods. But I think it should have one MCM menu there you can turn it off after you have dismissed your followers.
But you need to do that outside the castle cell. Serana should follow you anyway, she is scripted to do that and she takes up your normal follower slot.

So you need to load one earlier save.

If that dont work You may consort to console commands, what command you need to use are I not sure about it. Some other may know better.

29 minutes ago, Uncle64 said:

It is several of years since I ditched AFT for superior follower mods. But I think it should have one MCM menu there you can turn it off after you have dismissed your followers.
But you need to do that outside the castle cell. Serana should follow you anyway, she is scripted to do that and she takes up your normal follower slot.

So you need to load one earlier save.

If that dont work You may consort to console commands, what command you need to use are I not sure about it. Some other may know better.

Thanks. AFT have no MCM menu but I will try load earlier save before enter the castle and reset her use dialogue from AFT. If that failed, I will try load save before manage her with AFT. I remember there is setstage command to complete quest but I'm not sure how that work since she don't follow me, I can't open the portal to go to Soul Carin. 

What is the superior follower mods are you taking about? I use UFO back in Oldrim and when I switch to SSE UFO isn't available yet and AFT is at the top download on Nexus so I choose it.

Ufo? No.

I use Follower Live Package (FLP). Converted by my self from LE.

You should do load one old save. Start whit the one before you enter the cell where you have issues.

It may be possible that it helps if you only dismiss her from AFT.

Did it work whit picking the stuff for her, in what moment do she stop working?

Not sure but I think AFT have one book whit commands, not sure. Since I have one fuzzy memory of it.

There is several follower that should never be handled by follower framework.

Archived