List of performance friendly ENBs?

Ghoulz

Pick any ENB you want that has a color palette, brightness, style, etc that you like, then open up the enbseries.ini file with any text editor and change a couple things.

Under [EFFECT] make sure these are set to false:

EnableAmbientOcclusion=false
EnableDepthOfField=false

If "EnableSkyLighting" is there set that to false, too.

Ambient Occlusion is SSAO, and is by far the most performance intensive effect.  DoF (which I hate anyway personally) is probably second roughest on framerate.  SSAO is great for realism, adding depth to surfaces that normally have pretty flat lighting, but otherwise has no effect on colors or other characteristics of an ENB aside from making the lighting in a scene a smidge darker overall.

inface the original enb from  boris site is good .

i test enb most every mod that  sharing on the net .

you lost something for something.   alway.

and most of them just like this ..    "  i recommend  this .... those    hd  mod for    ....bah bah ..

it look like unfinish mod .they ask you to load more mod . why ? 

so just random choose it and test by yourself .

anyway google for stacado enb  . it is  good . i dont know it is not pop.

infact  sweetfx is good lighting mod , you may like it more than  enb.

RealLike ENB was the first I tried. 

Does  A Realistic Hope ENB have a performance version? I downloaded that and may have been the one I been using for most of the time.

Or it was Stakado Realistic and Cinematic ENB. Not a clue, as my memory is slowly fading as how my game looked...

Then I put in the latest ENB series .dll and True Vision ENB and all hell broke loose. Everything was dark... and it got even dimmer when I looked at the sun...

Now that my replacement PSU has resolved my issues I can get back to this, yayz :lol:

Know what ENB this is?

Guest Lehshara

I found this ENB yesterday, It's very performance friendly.

Normally I don't use ENB's because of huge FPS drop (Mostly between 15-25 on mah PC) but this one is perfect, I lost only 6 or 7 FPS.

Cute ENB - Epic Performance:

[spoiler=Images inside]14831.jpg27758581.jpg

Here is teh linkz: http://modgames.net/load/279-1-0-14831

Mirror (Translated folders from RUS to ENG): http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=aa5565b2c71d9c8c73766ba9463988bf

In .RAR archive you will find 2 folders:

1st. For better PC's (over. 15 FPS drop on mah PC)

2nd. For Low-end PC's (Less than 10 FPS drop on mah PC)

Know what ENB this is?

abexomotron1 said in video description "ENB graphic settings like enbseries.ini and enbeffect.fx I tweaked the values myself."

I found this ENB yesterday, It's very performance friendly.

Normally I don't use ENB's because of huge FPS drop (Mostly between 15-25 on mah PC) but this one is perfect, I lost only 6 or 7 FPS.

Cute ENB - Epic Performance:

[spoiler=Images inside]14831.jpg27758581.jpg

Here is teh linkz: http://modgames.net/load/279-1-0-14831

Mirror (Translated folders from RUS to ENG): http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=aa5565b2c71d9c8c73766ba9463988bf

In .RAR archive you will find 2 folders:

1st. For better PC's (over. 15 FPS drop on mah PC)

2nd. For Low-end PC's (Less than 10 FPS drop on mah PC)

Know what ENB this is?

abexomotron1 said in video description "ENB graphic settings like enbseries.ini and enbeffect.fx I tweaked the values myself."

Is there a mediafire link or something because i can't download from the russian or the mirror site :(

there are two utilities out for ENB: ENB customizer: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17400/?tab=3&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fuser%3D0%26id%3D17400

and ENB Manager: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24402

I personally recommend either Sharpshooters or just the original by boris vorontsov(http://www.enbdev.com/download_mod_tesskyrim.htm), perhaps customize it yourself.

I now use his original with the in game brightness up a little. The DoF on the 1.4 isn't great though. You can install custom DoFs though if you're interested.

And ENB Manager to compare and swap easily.

I'd have to agree with Cozy on this one. So far after having tried out as many ENB presets I could find, RealLike ENB is the best one in my opinion. Why? 

- It makes the world of Skyrim a little bit more vibrant without being overly-saturated, and nights/shadows/interiors are dark enough for immersion. 

- Comes with DoF that's actually pretty easy on the eyes and doesn't go crazy in blurring everything that's in the background. Also has nice Godrays.

- Pretty damn good on performance. Probably the fastest ENB preset I've tried most likely due to SSAO being disabled by default. But even with SSAO on, the fps doesn't drop terribly.

A couple of example screenshots I took just a few minutes ago:

md1dt5.jpg

a0ca3d.jpg

At this point, seriously, forget canned enb configs. No, seriously.

In the game, you can press Shift-Enter and get a config dialog. Spend a few hours and change some shit then save it. Done.

The only thing you might get from 'alternat configs' is someone elses algorithms for . . . whatever... that may or may not be better. You can seriously get along without it and just build one to your own prefs.

All it takes is a little time.

True... if only we have an expanded manual detailing which value causes what effect, and one of the manuals that tries is the PDF that comes with SkyRealism, and it has yet to cover the entirety of 0.15X's new system.

The new ENB versions are beyond the mere task of adjusting brightness and contrast, and thus we leave the work to those who are expert enough to understand and create those configs, and also the free time to make them.

well that's why I say a few hours. it's basically what I did... I twiddled the spinners to extremes, saw what they did then made it how I liked it. the hardest part was figuring out the interactions between parameters in the Ambient Occlusion section. Once i got that nailed down (and some of the more fiddly settings of Depth of Field) then the rest was smooth sailing.

the original doc for I think probably v9 of ENB, a pdf, does a good job with pics about what does what. And while a bunch of parameters have been added since, it still effectively covers the basics.

It's not a lost cause but it's certainly tedious.

After having messed around with more ENBs I have to say the latest versions of ENBSeries need major optimizing. I noticed that ENB presets that ran smoothly using an older ENBSeries tend to show noticeable fps loss if they ran using the latest version of ENBSeries (like with v0.155). Actually, this loss of fps probably goes as far back as v0.119 to be honest. Also, another thing I just started noticing is that MANY of the ENB presets tend to have the "Night Eye" problem in which using the skill doesn't seem to work. It activates, but the visual effect of using night vision doesn't appear. People recommend either uncommenting a line in the enbseries.ini file, or otherwise turning on UseOriginalPostProcessing through the in-game gui, but either way actually has a negative effect on the ENB preset. It tends to desaturate the colors unintentionally and in some cases darkens areas even further.

TL;DR - As much as I like ENB, I feel it still needs improving. Initially, I was willing to recommend ENB to anyone, but now I see that I was wrong. There are too many compromises (drops on fps) and sacrifices (loss of Night Eye effect) to take this visual mod seriously. Taking screenshots is one thing, but actual gameplay is another.

ZONER'S HIGH PERFORMANCE ENB - good all-round choice for low-impact, high-performance ENB. It comes with many palette options for different styles. It uses the older v108 ENB which is nice & low-fuss. :)

VANDR DELICATE ENB RE-WORKED - I have used Vandr's AWESOME original ENB's for ages - sadly, no longer available. This is his new version, and it looks GREAT while offering solid performance. It uses the newer v139 ENB. ^_^

I place a premium on smooth gameplay first, awesome aesthetics a close second (if a game plays like wading through treacle & looks like re-fried arse, I'm not playing). Both these choices meet those criteria very nicely. ;)

Archived