Ragequit before even starting to play (charcreation)

So, i'm completely new to Sims 3. Got the game installed with all expansions, the basic modfolder, plus the HGG-modpack. And, i just ragequitted in the char-creation screen - so, before even starting to play.

The reason? My careful tweaks keep getting completely nuked without warning. By now i've spent 1 hour in the appearance-editor, and have restarted from scratch 5 times, because certain buttons keep resetting all modifications back to default, so i'm back to square one. And i'm tired guessing which buttons do that. For example, how am i to know that switching to the tatoo-category would revert all changes? Undo button is greyed out every time, so i can't ... well, undo either. And after lots of searching, i cannot find a button to save my modifications in the editor either, so saving and reloading is no option either.

Is this normal, or is something broken with my modsetup?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found the button to save the sim in a submenu. Still annoying.

Update: Okay, now having strictly followed the pinned guide, it no longer happens, but in turn about a dozen sliders no longer work, and bodyhair-options don't even show up. Since i haven't even started playing, yet have already invested 5 hours, i'm concluding this is the usual clusterfuck of modding, where just like with skyrim you need to spend ridiculous amounts of time just to get the basics working.

Sorry to have wasted your time. Not interested anymore. I don't need another skyrim-experience - already got one to handle.

Archived