5 hours ago, RandomKhajiit said:

ok the succubus system really pissed me off and im not going around banging every deer, goat and fox in the game after i run out of forsworn and bandits to level it, trying to cure it bugged out and the stupid zombie did nothing at all but stand there, running out of good mods to try on 1.6.353

The "take it or leave it" part of my first response was about the leveling speed of the succubus system, just to be clear. I don't intend to make any big modifications to that at this point.

I do seem to be able to reproduce this issue, so I am looking into it. All the same, you seem to be encountering a much greater than normal number of situations where you're reporting NPCs just standing there doing nothing. I take all bug reports seriously, even if my previous response might not have sounded that way, but when people report things just not working that I've seen work dozens of times with no problems, especially multiple things, the underlying cause is almost always a mod conflict. I fix those where I can, but I have to be able to make them happen on my computer first, or I'm just guessing when I try to fix them.

Update:

This can happen if Vanika goes to raise one of the bodies and she hits the wrong one with her spell. The quest is detecting that she successfully raised something, so the fallback that would normally kick in doesn't happen. You can probably work around this if you drag the bodies so that they are spread out before you get started with the cure. I will make sure this is fixed for the next release.

Edited by ruddycray
Updated with workaround

reason's i love the mod is the morthal ghost's in the marsh, i've got slen and pay sex crime installed atm and droped all baka's stuff, going to drop slen as i feel this mod replaces it in a way even without the dragon and dungeon orgy triggers, also the succubus is an idea in of it self, look into expanding that once ya get the main stuff all centered where ya want it, succubus is the ultimate sex machine lol

The succubus line is the same huge area of gameplay in Skyrim as the opportunity to become a vampire (its minuses and pluses are in the abilities and gameplay mechanics).I am grateful to you ruddycray, you have an unusual approach to the issue of prostitution and it's cool.I hope inspiration and strength will not leave you and over time the mod will grow in all directions!

16 minutes ago, Mino98 said:

i can't find the Entrance to the Bruiant Exhibition 

can you give me a spoiler ??

There isn't one. That isn't a fully developed idea. If I do develop it further, then there will be a clear way to find it.

Edited by ruddycray

succubus system is 2 slow for my playstyle as i do enjoy the RP of being an elder vampire at the start, i'll enjoy the rest of the mod but as for the succubus system i'll hope something better arrives for AE, the tasting still doesnt fire he just gives a letter and nothing else happens, im done wasting time trying to figure out what is wrong here as everything else seems to work in the mod.

edit: after going thru the cure part of the succubus quest and vanika actually asked the player to leave i did then died after exiting her damn lab.

Edited by RandomKhajiit
update on info
1 hour ago, RandomKhajiit said:

succubus system is 2 slow for my playstyle as i do enjoy the RP of being an elder vampire at the start, i'll enjoy the rest of the mod but as for the succubus system i'll hope something better arrives for AE, the tasting still doesnt fire he just gives a letter and nothing else happens, im done wasting time trying to figure out what is wrong here as everything else seems to work in the mod.

edit: after going thru the cure part of the succubus quest and vanika actually asked the player to leave i did then died after exiting her damn lab.

You could probably console yourself to level 12. Or rather level 11 with only needing 1 soul to level up so you get the right perks.

It would also be possible for someone to make an alternate start plugin to start you as a level 12 succubus. I just don't see myself messing with it much more, and starting as all powerful is pretty much the opposite of my design vision for this mod, so filling that RP style is not what I'm going for.

The succubus cure has some bugs. I'm working on them but it won't be fixed until next release. I'm not sure what would have killed you after leaving though. It is possible for the cure penalties to kill you during the cure. I'm looking into that too.

7 hours ago, Hakuna_Matata said:

I upgraded to 0.11 mid game and then selected the Upgrade Souls succubus perk.

When using that power, I get a dialog that asks me if I want to convert 5 souls to temporary magicka.

Some kind of mix-up there apparently?

Looks like it. It's not set up correctly. I'll fix it for the next update.

4 hours ago, darkshade87 said:

I'm getting a little annoyed with Benjen, and at this point, I'm ready to force a clone of him with console commands, since he's not "behind the bunkhouse" like the guards claim, and he's not in the brothel. Where the hell IS this guy?

Is there no quest marker for him? Even if you turn on Spoiler level quest markers?

He definitely should be behind the bunkhouse if you haven't ever talked to him. If he's not, something may have commandeered him. You could always find him with the console. He's xx07a5db.

Edited by ruddycray

Hey, are there any conflicts with the vampire lord system from the Dawnguard dlc? I'm having an issue where it seems like the health reduction from the succubus debuff is interacting weirdly with the debuffs from vampire lord, making it so that I can't regain health no matter what time of day or what level of fed (for either system) I am. I suspect that it's the succubus system interacting with it because the health debuff related to the succubus system now says "reduced by 0" no matter what level of succubus hunger I am at.

15 minutes ago, MetalMeta said:

Hey, are there any conflicts with the vampire lord system from the Dawnguard dlc? I'm having an issue where it seems like the health reduction from the succubus debuff is interacting weirdly with the debuffs from vampire lord, making it so that I can't regain health no matter what time of day or what level of fed (for either system) I am. I suspect that it's the succubus system interacting with it because the health debuff related to the succubus system now says "reduced by 0" no matter what level of succubus hunger I am at.

There's nothing I know of, but I can't completely rule it out. I have played through the game as a vampire in the Dawnguard DLC and a succubus at the same time, but I rarely ever use the vampire lord power, so I might have missed a problem there. Did your succubus stage go up while you were a vampire lord? Is that what you are thinking caused your problem?

I would like to say again that this is very impressive mod especially with the voicesynth gen 4 package.  There are few major things that I feel need improvement.

1) Inviting clients via dialogue seems unimmersive. Also that you as prostitute are bringing them stamina potions. Suggestiongs:
- Instead of stamina potions use ale or mead?
- Instead of dialogue there could be cloak effect through following: Dance/masturbate/perform.
- Instead of dialogue there could be targetted skills like flirt and/or flash
- Cloak and targetted skills could be amplified if you were succubus
2) Succubus gameplay seems to drive on dealt seduce. This skill has several problems. Like you never know if its going to hit. Then even you are aggressor you cant pick place where the act occurs. It is "fear ball" instead of instant hit. If you kill guard that is alone you can get 1000 gold fine even there was no one to see it and guard was sleeping before you started the act.
- At least make such "illusion" or "mental" spell instant hit without projectile.
- Consider removing this skill from low level succubus as its completely senseless how random it is as how and when it can be actually used. This skill could be partially replaced by cloak and targetted skills mentioned at 1)
- For sleep interaction add Ordinator or vanilla vampire feed style menu. This makes it clear you cannot choose position where the act occurs and it will happen on the bed.
- As feeding is most powerful and filling time of the succubus maybe fines etc could be counteracted with automatic short invisiblity?
3) For me this lore of killing people with sex is completely absurd and its kind of unimmersive things. I also miss angrims apprentice "thrall" spell which turned the succubus victims to mindless cocks. Also killing NPCs is bad idea as many are named and part of quest and so on.
- Change feeding so that remove killing from it or make killing somehow optional that perhaps you only kill man if you make him come 3 times in one act.
- Instead of killing consider adding those NPCs that are fed to "thrall" faction and add Thrall dialogue to these NPCs. If this was done you could also consider ponder if the men had their souls withdrawn if they lacked abilities like getting hard without the demon that stole their soul. So these men would be begging for the PC to relieve them.
4) I always pondered about that such demonic presence would have unnatural abilities some that come to mind:
- Scent of arousal: NPCs around succubus would gain boos to arousal. This could bolster clients in the dibella gardens too.
- Arousing beauty: NPCs that would track / see PC would gain arousal / would have hard time unlocking their gaze from this succubus.
- On higher levels succubus should be able to do direct mental domination and persuade people to acts they would not do without. This could include humiliation, forced sex, attacking someone or even self harm.
- On very high levels maybe succubus could be able to pull humans to her realm and lock them up. Thralls could be send to this place or back to skyrim if they have purpose there for the succubus.
- As succubus you would perhaps have pocket of oblivion for home that you could access with spell?
- As people go missing authorities would note it and have hunters going to banish the succubus?
- Planar beings like succubus had not much use for heavy armor or light armor as their power lies in their being. Heavy armor would also cover its own sweaty scent and block abilities like "Arousing beauty"

Buuh. Many ideas and throughts hopefully I did not overload you.

6 hours ago, poporaltemporal said:

I would like to say again that this is very impressive mod especially with the voicesynth gen 4 package.  There are few major things that I feel need improvement.

1) Inviting clients via dialogue seems unimmersive. Also that you as prostitute are bringing them stamina potions. Suggestiongs:
- Instead of stamina potions use ale or mead?
- Instead of dialogue there could be cloak effect through following: Dance/masturbate/perform.
- Instead of dialogue there could be targetted skills like flirt and/or flash
- Cloak and targetted skills could be amplified if you were succubus

You already should be able to give people ale or mead instead of stamina potions if you want. I can't say I agree that bringing clients stamina potions would be unimmersive. They're a thing that exists in the game's world. The only thing I see as a bit unrealistic about giving them to clients is that they'd probably be sold if such things existed in the real world, but if I were going to do that, I might as well just get rid of that whole game mechanic.

I'm not opposed to any of the other suggestions. I've said before in this thread that I'd like to have dancing animations if I could find something that didn't look like you'd see it in a modern nightclub. I already have it on my list to have clients approach you if you perform with another prostitute.

The dialogue based system is very serviceable, though, so it's probably not going to be a huge priority for me. I might slip some new things in here and there.

2) Succubus gameplay seems to drive on dealt seduce. This skill has several problems. Like you never know if its going to hit. Then even you are aggressor you cant pick place where the act occurs. It is "fear ball" instead of instant hit. If you kill guard that is alone you can get 1000 gold fine even there was no one to see it and guard was sleeping before you started the act.
- At least make such "illusion" or "mental" spell instant hit without projectile.
- Consider removing this skill from low level succubus as its completely senseless how random it is as how and when it can be actually used. This skill could be partially replaced by cloak and targetted skills mentioned at 1)
- For sleep interaction add Ordinator or vanilla vampire feed style menu. This makes it clear you cannot choose position where the act occurs and it will happen on the bed.
- As feeding is most powerful and filling time of the succubus maybe fines etc could be counteracted with automatic short invisiblity?

I'm probably not going to remove the skill from a low-level succubus. I might make some improvements like adding the sleep menu you suggest. I'm not opposed to revisiting the way the spell triggers, either, because I've had some frustrations with Skyrim's sometimes terrible aiming.

3) For me this lore of killing people with sex is completely absurd and its kind of unimmersive things. I also miss angrims apprentice "thrall" spell which turned the succubus victims to mindless cocks. Also killing NPCs is bad idea as many are named and part of quest and so on.
- Change feeding so that remove killing from it or make killing somehow optional that perhaps you only kill man if you make him come 3 times in one act.
- Instead of killing consider adding those NPCs that are fed to "thrall" faction and add Thrall dialogue to these NPCs. If this was done you could also consider ponder if the men had their souls withdrawn if they lacked abilities like getting hard without the demon that stole their soul. So these men would be begging for the PC to relieve them.

I might consider adding other things that succubus seduction can do, but to me things like mindless sex puppets begging the player for sex is a little cartoonish. And the feed through sex part is fairly essential to the entire concept. The succubus part of the mod grew out of the Vanikseth quest line. Changing how that whole thing works is a bigger overhaul than I'm willing to do.

Still, I might consider some additional game mechanics besides just feeding. It's already part of my concept that there will be a succubus you can meet who has powers that go beyond that. As usual, some of this stuff may be relatively far in the future, though.

4) I always pondered about that such demonic presence would have unnatural abilities some that come to mind:
- Scent of arousal: NPCs around succubus would gain boos to arousal. This could bolster clients in the dibella gardens too.
- Arousing beauty: NPCs that would track / see PC would gain arousal / would have hard time unlocking their gaze from this succubus.
- On higher levels succubus should be able to do direct mental domination and persuade people to acts they would not do without. This could include humiliation, forced sex, attacking someone or even self harm.
- On very high levels maybe succubus could be able to pull humans to her realm and lock them up. Thralls could be send to this place or back to skyrim if they have purpose there for the succubus.
- As succubus you would perhaps have pocket of oblivion for home that you could access with spell?
- As people go missing authorities would note it and have hunters going to banish the succubus?
- Planar beings like succubus had not much use for heavy armor or light armor as their power lies in their being. Heavy armor would also cover its own sweaty scent and block abilities like "Arousing beauty"

I'll consider some of these ideas. I am not likely to do arousal integration, just because that mod's first-person messages grate on my nerves.

Buuh. Many ideas and throughts hopefully I did not overload you.

No, it's fine. Naturally, I'm not promising to do any of this any time soon, and some of it not at all, but it gives me things to think about for how to improve the mod, and I don't mind that.

22 hours ago, ruddycray said:

There's nothing I know of, but I can't completely rule it out. I have played through the game as a vampire in the Dawnguard DLC and a succubus at the same time, but I rarely ever use the vampire lord power, so I might have missed a problem there. Did your succubus stage go up while you were a vampire lord? Is that what you are thinking caused your problem?

To describe exactly what happened, I became a vampire lord and immediately left the castle during daytime. I did not use any succubus mechanics during or after becoming a vampire lord. I was in the hungry state when I was turned. upon exiting I was immediately knocked down but got back up immediately so I didn't think anything of it. After fast-travelling a long distance, I was immediately put into the dying state by taking fall damage. My sexlab settings prevent actual death and normally I would be able to get up using a health potion or by activating god mode but neither or these worked this time. In the UI my health bar remained empty no matter what I did.

I tried loading the autosave from exiting the castle then immediately rushing the cure for being a succubus. when I completed the cure process I was put into a dying state but this time my character was standing. I still could not do anything and neither health potions or god mode worked. This time though, my UI showed a full health bar.

What I think is happening is that my maximum health is somehow being set to 0. As mentioned before, the succubus debuff says that my health is being reduced by 0 which could mean that my health is at a state where it can't go any lower.

45 minutes ago, MetalMeta said:

To describe exactly what happened, I became a vampire lord and immediately left the castle during daytime. I did not use any succubus mechanics during or after becoming a vampire lord. I was in the hungry state when I was turned. upon exiting I was immediately knocked down but got back up immediately so I didn't think anything of it. After fast-travelling a long distance, I was immediately put into the dying state by taking fall damage. My sexlab settings prevent actual death and normally I would be able to get up using a health potion or by activating god mode but neither or these worked this time. In the UI my health bar remained empty no matter what I did.

I tried loading the autosave from exiting the castle then immediately rushing the cure for being a succubus. when I completed the cure process I was put into a dying state but this time my character was standing. I still could not do anything and neither health potions or god mode worked. This time though, my UI showed a full health bar.

What I think is happening is that my maximum health is somehow being set to 0. As mentioned before, the succubus debuff says that my health is being reduced by 0 which could mean that my health is at a state where it can't go any lower.

That's strange, but thanks for the detailed info. I'll see what I can do with that.

Unfortunately, there is a bug in the succubus cure right now where the cure is likely to kill you, so it's not likely to help you out of this situation.

You are probably right that your maximum health is being set to 0. The succubus debuff is calculated based on your maximum health. However, when applying a stronger penalty, it does remove the previous effect before calculating the new one. That may mean that something else is reducing your health. I'll still look into it and see if I can make this happen myself.

On 7/20/2022 at 8:42 PM, ruddycray said:

Is there no quest marker for him? Even if you turn on Spoiler level quest markers?

He definitely should be behind the bunkhouse if you haven't ever talked to him. If he's not, something may have commandeered him. You could always find him with the console. He's xx07a5db.

I think I found the issue..the mod is conflicting with Open Cities, so I had to go into the original closed cell of Riften to find him, just like I do for some radiant quests for Animal Mansion Plus.

1 hour ago, darkshade87 said:

I think I found the issue..the mod is conflicting with Open Cities, so I had to go into the original closed cell of Riften to find him, just like I do for some radiant quests for Animal Mansion Plus.

Oh yeah that will do it. Open Cities isn't friendly to things that edit vanilla city exteriors without a patch. Glad you figured it out!

Just noticed something off from a balance perspective, specifically my magicka was regenerating really fast as a level 3 succubus. I noticed the SPEL TAPSuccubusLevel3Ability and it's higher levels use the "AbFortifyMagickaRate" MGEF which buffs "Magicka Rate".

If you want it to be in line with enchantments you may want to have your spell use "EnchFortifyMagickaRateConstantSelf" or create your own magic effect and use "Magicka Rate Multi" instead since "AbFortifyMagickaRate" increases the base% regen by the spell magnitude. The default for Skyrim is 3, and as an example the vampire lord transformation buff is 2, and all the "your magicka regeneration is 20% better" equipment and alchemy enchants multiply off that base regen value.

Looking at TAPSuccubusLevel12Ability, a level 12 succubus with no equipment or buffs would have a "Magicka Rate" of 103 meaning they would regenerate 103% of their base mana every second, which might be a bit much :D

The stamina regen looks ok though, and nothing else jumped out when I glanced at it, but I'll keep an eye out.

Edited by teutonicguy
readability was whack, yo.
14 hours ago, teutonicguy said:

Just noticed something off from a balance perspective, specifically my magicka was regenerating really fast as a level 3 succubus. I noticed the SPEL TAPSuccubusLevel3Ability and it's higher levels use the "AbFortifyMagickaRate" MGEF which buffs "Magicka Rate".

If you want it to be in line with enchantments you may want to have your spell use "EnchFortifyMagickaRateConstantSelf" or create your own magic effect and use "Magicka Rate Multi" instead since "AbFortifyMagickaRate" increases the base% regen by the spell magnitude. The default for Skyrim is 3, and as an example the vampire lord transformation buff is 2, and all the "your magicka regeneration is 20% better" equipment and alchemy enchants multiply off that base regen value.

Looking at TAPSuccubusLevel12Ability, a level 12 succubus with no equipment or buffs would have a "Magicka Rate" of 103 meaning they would regenerate 103% of their base mana every second, which might be a bit much :D

The stamina regen looks ok though, and nothing else jumped out when I glanced at it, but I'll keep an eye out.

Somebody else reported this before, and I feel like I looked into it and found that it was actually changing the "mult" version, but I'll take another look just to be sure.

17 hours ago, teutonicguy said:

OK, I see it now. Weird that "AbFortifyStaminaRate" affects "StaminaRateMult" and "AbFortifyMagickaRate" affects "MagickaRate" without the "Mult" part. I wonder if they did that on purpose or just made a mistake and went with it.