[Search] Summon-able followers

On 1/23/2020 at 9:22 PM, Aki K said:

I noticed they are UNP.  Hypothetically speaking, does anyone know what steps I would need to take to convert them and their clothes to CBBE HDT?  I've been learning clothes conversions, but never bodies themselves.

EDIT:  BTW, they aren't even appearing in the mod.  When I mark them with "are you there" they're just empty spaces with an arroow above them.  No physical body, no interaction.  Nothing in bodyslide to create them either.  So it seems I cannot use this mod, as much as I want to. Not without installing UNP and most of my setup and mods are geared towards CBBE.

They are CBBE. The UNP file is a patch for UNP users. As far as I know the outfits are custom, but when naked they will use your default body (AFAIR). This means when you equip them with custom armor with UNP/UUNP type (like mine) they will have the standard texture glitch common when textures don't match the body UV map. The UNP patch was for users like that (i.e. me). You can see the texture glitching for Tina, that is when the outfit was built with CBBE but the texture base is UNP (which I had to use the patch for)

I also remember having to change a ton of stuff to gt the textures to line up correctly. Oh, and they don't work with standard follower system. You HAVE to use the ring.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

19 hours ago, Pauduan said:
Spoiler

They are CBBE. The UNP file is a patch for UNP users. As far as I know the outfits are custom, but when naked they will use your default body (AFAIR). This means when you equip them with custom armor with UNP/UUNP type (like mine) they will have the standard texture glitch common when textures don't match the body UV map. The UNP patch was for users like that (i.e. me). You can see the texture glitching for Tina, that is when the outfit was built with CBBE but the texture base is UNP (which I had to use the patch for)

I also remember having to change a ton of stuff to gt the textures to line up correctly. Oh, and they don't work with standard follower system. You HAVE to use the ring.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

What ring?  By they don't work do you mean they don't appear or just can't be recruited.  Because right now, they don't even show up.  By that I mean they have no bodies if I spawn them.

EDIT: Figured out both problems.  Would you know how I could get them to use the demoniac skin texture instead of the skin texture that came with the file?  I prefer a bit more gloss.  Compared to all the other NPCs they look a bit dry lol.

Yeah, you can't do that. The facegens seem to be locked to this texture and you'll get an ugly seam if you try. I tried a number of things before giving up including swapping the texture sets in the esp file, but no cheese.

I don't play them in the game because they look terrible with ENB. Without ENB they look pretty good though.

12 hours ago, Pauduan said:

Yeah, you can't do that. The facegens seem to be locked to this texture and you'll get an ugly seam if you try. I tried a number of things before giving up including swapping the texture sets in the esp file, but no cheese.

I don't play them in the game because they look terrible with ENB. Without ENB they look pretty good though.

Unfortunate.  I've been searching a long time for Ayane stuff.  She's one of my favorite character designs ever.  I like the clothing she wears, color choice, etc.  I may have mentioned before I had another Ayane follower mod that even had a custom voice, but unfortunately it kept causing a CTD in an area that was supposed to load a unique monster for a recruitment quest.  I spent so much time converting the clothes to HDT CBBE for that mod too.  I was so upset when I discovered the CTD, because it was game breaking.  The area was too close to Riften.  This follower mod though is pretty close.  I can definitely work on making my own custom Ayane PC and just use assets from the mod like the hair and outfit.

Archived