(SOLVED) VRIK Player Spinning Schlong of Death glitch

Manding0

I saw some posts about this problem with no solutions. I'm new to the MOD world. (Nothing like Tits and Ass to motivate a new hobby ?). Thanks for the new vice fam'! Anyways I'm proud to contribute my personal achievement of follies to the collective intelligence for the first time.  The VRIK player Spinning  Schlong of Death has been solved! I had to reinstall SOS before XPMSSE and when you setup rules MAKE SURE XPMSSE OVERWRITES SOS FILES! Don't let anything overwrite XPMSSE except for VRIK. You don't have to uninstall anything first just reinstall SOS and change file conflict rules so that XPMSSE loads over SOS files.

So, the load order is:

1. SOS

2. XPMSSE

3.VRIK

Enjoy Fam! 

Sorry I'm a bit late to notice these topics, but it's a problem I've noticed too.  I looked into it and can confirm that VRIK itself is not causing the wierd spin that people are seeing - it's just making it visible on the player by displaying the body.

If overwriting the SOS skeleton with XPMSSE fixes it, there's a good chance that the spinning bone in the skeleton is one present on the SOS skeleton but not on the XPMSSE one.  My guess is that a feature of SoS didn't work on VR and has been broken/disabled by using the wrong skeleton.  This fix might have other side effects in case there were other features that relied on new bones but did work.  Hopefully this information can help isolate the actual bug though.

7 hours ago, prog0111 said:

Sorry I'm a bit late to notice these topics, but it's a problem I've noticed too.  I looked into it and can confirm that VRIK itself is not causing the wierd spin that people are seeing - it's just making it visible on the player by displaying the body.

For years now the one important rule when installing SOS is to let XPMSE/XPMSSE overwrite everything it wants. Or simply uncheck the skeleton option when installing SOS. So I wouldn't worry about this at all.

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2020 at 1:53 PM, prinyo said:

For years now the one important rule when installing SOS is to let XPMSE/XPMSSE overwrite everything it wants. Or simply uncheck the skeleton option when installing SOS. So I wouldn't worry about this at all.

It's a weird bug.  I don't have it on VRIK 0.5, but I do on 0.8.  Only on my player, not NPCs.  I'm on a brand new build, only have SoS, VRIK, and XPMSSE, in that order, plus the Papyrus utils.  I've tried moving the load order around (SoS, XPMSSE, VRIK), it doesn't do anything.  Also tried adding Tempered Skins, also continued to spin.   XPMSSE overwrites the SoS skeleton.   I saw another thread where a series of folks are having the problem.   I know it sounds like the typical load order problems with XPMSSE, but I sure can't get it to work despite a simple load out.  Cheers.

11 hours ago, prinyo said:

Try without XPMSSE, so only SOS (installed without skeleton) and VRIK.

Thanks as always for trying to help Prinyo. 

1)  No XPMSSE and having only SOS and VRIK 0.8 (no SoS or XPMSSE skeleton):  Game CTDs on loading

2)  No XPMSSE, +SoS, +VRIK 0.8 (SoS skeleton):  have bug, but worse; schlong also twisting.

3)  +XPMSSE, +SoS (no skeleton), +VRIK 0.5 or +VRIK 0.6:  No bug.  

Bug happens on VRIK 0.7 and 0.8 only, very reproducible for me.   Extra weirdness:  The rotation speed reacts to headset position (Oculus Rift S).  Looking straight down at my schlong, if I move my view from side to side, it dramatically affects testicle spin speed.  In case 2 above, the schlong would also pull, like from a gravity field, based on headset position.  I've seen other reports on this headset dependent effect.

Let me know if you need any more debug.  Thanks so much for trying here.

Archived