Hiding Kinky World

kkymickey

I love using Kinky World, however when others are home, I do not want them seeing Kinky World options, or playing this way if they start a new game. Even when I disable Kinky World, 'Kinky'/'Kinky World' options still appear to allow the mod to be re-enabled. Is there a way to hide this more deeply?

Thank you.

@kkymickey

You have one option (I can think of), copy the entire Documents/Sims 3 folder and rename it, then remove KW from one or the other, and swap them as needed. This keeps saves, etc. unique to the 'world' played.

Name One 'The SimsBAK' and the other 'The SimsKinky' or something like this. Remove all Kinky Files/etc. from the one named BAK.

When you play, change the sims doc folder from Electronic Arts/The SimsKinky to 'The Sims'

When others play, change yours back to 'The SimsKinky' and remove 'BAK' from the other so a non KW version is now being used.

Swap folders as necessary by renaming them and you're golden. The registry doesn't care as long as it finds a working .exe in the correct location.

Trivia: My current game was installed 10 years ago, 2 computers ago. I just moved the entire Docs folder from system to system, backing up the original (as per above) and using my oldest install.

Lastly, I mention removing KW instead of a 'fresh install' so others will have access to all the CC you have without KW. Be sure you kill all your save games from the 'safe' install as well. No need wasting space on the HD for files which will never be used. They will still be available on the 'kinky' install. This includes screenshots - one must be thorough.

----- Player/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims/.exe                     Player/Documents/Electronic Arts/The SimsBAK?

|

Sims 3 .exe -----|                                                                                            -or-

|

----- Player/Documents/Electronic Arts/The SimsKinky?                   Player/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims/.exe

Archived