Pretty sure it cannot be a hard requirement, as it is a DLL.

You won't be able to read the subtitles because they will only show for a split second,

but the mods should be still playable. Especially if you know them from LE/SE playthroughs and do not care about dialogue.

Or manually patch all mods to have 5s silent voice files. (This was done before Fuz existed)

22 minutes ago, Akzyra said:

Pretty sure it cannot be a hard requirement, as it is a DLL.

You won't be able to read the subtitles because they will only show for a split second,

but the mods should be still playable. Especially if you know them from LE/SE playthroughs and do not care about dialogue.

Or manually patch all mods to have 5s silent voice files. (This was done before Fuz existed)

I found that simple slavery doesn't work without it though, and many mods are listing the fuz ro d'oh as a hard requirement. I guess they might not all be hard requirements afterall, that's good to know! ^^

Is this the manual patch you are referring to? 

https://sourceforge.net/projects/silent-voice-generator/files/Silent Voice Generator 1.0.0.0/README.txt/download

Would you be so kind as to give me a small guide on how to patch the mods?

I realize that might be alot to ask for. I've searched alot and never got any closer in the slightest to finding a fix for this, up until now. So thanks a ton either way!!

1 hour ago, Akzyra said:

Interesting that it breaks the mod, but might be an issue of Skyrim VR. (Do not want to know what weird hacks they used to make that game...)

I have never done this myself, but seems to be what you need.

I would use the Nexus download, sourceforge is not as safe.

This person had some success using that tool and provided a tutorial.

Thank you so much!!