Jump to content
IGNORED

Whicked Whims not working but showing its in my game


Recommended Posts

I been trying to get this to work for a few hours now I have my Wicked Whims folder inside of my mods folder no further folders inside as the guide says when I start up Sims 4 it shows me I have both turbodrivers with my mods and cc no matter what I do it will not give me any option to access this mod I have re installed and re extracted a few times now and no luck any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Link to comment
4 hours ago, procian said:

Deleted localthumbcache.pkg file?.....it is in documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/Mods?

Do you get the pop up message saying WW is installed when you first go into the game?

Clicking on your sim...floor or furniture is not showing the WW option?

 

I do not see a local thumb cache file in my mods folder and the game does not say that it's installed just shows that I have the turbos installed when booting up to main menu and correct when I check the floor ect I get no options 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, cgonzalez486 said:

I do not see a local thumb cache file in my mods folder and the game does not say that it's installed just shows that I have the turbos installed when booting up to main menu and correct when I check the floor ect I get no options 

localthumbcache.pkg file is in the sims 4 main folder not mods (my bad..oops).....ok you should get  2 pop up messages saying you have ww...so sounds like it's not installed properly.

you have 2 ww files yes? TURBODRIVER_wickedwhims_tuning and TURBORIVER_wickedwhims_scripts….

You should get 2 pop up messages when you go into game...see pics.

Screenshot (169).png

Screenshot (170).png

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, procian said:

localthumbcache.pkg file is in the sims 4 main folder not mods (my bad..oops).....ok you should get  2 pop up messages saying you have ww...so sounds like it's not installed properly.

you have 2 ww files yes? TURBODRIVER_wickedwhims_tuning and TURBORIVER_wickedwhims_scripts….

You should get 2 pop up messages when you go into game...see pics.

Screenshot (169).png

Screenshot (170).png

Hey thanks for the help so I do have the file localthumbcache I have the wickedwhims folder in the Mods folder with both turbo files when launching sims 4 the list of mods cc it shows both the turbodrivers just doesn't work in game though 

Link to comment
28 minutes ago, cgonzalez486 said:

Hey thanks for the help so I do have the file localthumbcache I have the wickedwhims folder in the Mods folder with both turbo files when launching sims 4 the list of mods cc it shows both the turbodrivers just doesn't work in game though 

There is another way of doing this that works 9/10 times.....if you want to try it....and you do have script files enabled...under other in game options?

 

 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, cgonzalez486 said:

It says I need your 4 digit tag to add you what was this method you said usually works? 

Proc57 #0242 on discord...….Ok this is long winded but here goes....take your mods folder out and put it somewhere safe....delete localthumbcache.pkg file and start the game...start a new game and place your sim in a world....exit game without saving....put the mods folder back...delete local etc again and restart the game......make sure cc and script mods are enabled...

Link to comment
7 hours ago, procian said:

Proc57 #0242 on discord...….Ok this is long winded but here goes....take your mods folder out and put it somewhere safe....delete localthumbcache.pkg file and start the game...start a new game and place your sim in a world....exit game without saving....put the mods folder back...delete local etc again and restart the game......make sure cc and script mods are enabled...

Thanks for writing that up! I've been having trouble too.

I've been working on getting the sims 4 seasons to work with wicked whims but no luck.

Same issues. Says it's installed and get nudity, but no wicked whims popup and no 

wicked whims options available in the game. No luck so far. Any other ideas? 

:( 

TIA!!!

Link to comment
6 hours ago, S4mmySimms said:

Thanks for writing that up! I've been having trouble too.

I've been working on getting the sims 4 seasons to work with wicked whims but no luck.

Same issues. Says it's installed and get nudity, but no wicked whims popup and no 

wicked whims options available in the game. No luck so far. Any other ideas? 

:(

TIA!!!

Your game is up to date? 1-59-79-1020?....tried to help someone earlier..turned out they had a cracked copy of the game so :(

 

Link to comment
12 hours ago, procian said:

Your game is up to date? 1-59-79-1020?....tried to help someone earlier..turned out they had a cracked copy of the game so :(

 

That makes sense. Awesome thanks so much. This is likely my issue. I just went to EA and it's on sale for an amazing price. 
Digital Deluxe Edition is going for $8.00 ?. I'm about to pick it up and install it later tonight. Is anyone familiar with what files I should 

backup and move over to the game, or if the game will automatically detect and add my saved families. I prefer to try games before deciding to pick them up. This is a fun game, worth full price, especially for WW and recommend anyone thinking about a crack, save yourself the trouble and just buy it! 
Thanks so much Procian! ?

 

 

Link to comment
On 1/1/2020 at 1:44 AM, procian said:

If it works put your mods folder/saves/and tray folder(if you have downloaded lots/houses etc)

onto a usb stick then copy them over to your game.....and well done going legal...

 

Thanks so much for all your help! That was my issue. Working great :)

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...