Face not showing in CAS or in worls

sebal1902

Might be a CC problem. Try disabling mods in the game settings - if it stops happening, you probably got two mod files interfering with each other (default replacements etc).

Another possible cause might be any CC you use on this particular sim or have used an then removed (had this myself once or twice). Try only using outfits that came with the game (no CC, not even recolours) to find out if that's the case.

Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

Might be a CC problem. Try disabling mods in the game settings - if it stops happening, you probably got two mod files interfering with each other (default replacements etc).

Another possible cause might be any CC you use on this particular sim or have used an then removed (had this myself once or twice). Try only using outfits that came with the game (no CC, not even recolours) to find out if that's the case.

Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, Frost Doll said:

It's a broken CC. No EA lashes / teeth / tongue.

thank you for the help. yes it was a broken cc. thanks again.

What was the CC called?
I'm having the same problem, but only with spellcaster sims in the CAS- if I pick an EA face, though, it seems to go away, even if I randomize the sim.

I would look through my CC myself, but I really don't feel like going over 2000+ files in my Mods folder at the moment.

12 hours ago, ooooshoot said:

What was the CC called?

Try removing your no-eyelashes mod, if you have one. I was getting the same problem, and taking that out fixed it. Actually, I'm having other cc issues restricted to witches, related to the newest patch. Are you having trouble with anything else in witches in CAS?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far as I know, I do not have the No EA Lashes mod. I can't locate it, in any case. And I have the same issue.

I went to Manage Households, selected one of the broken Sims, saved the household to my library, and then exited. Opened Sims 4 Tray Importer, and clicked the broken Sim's household, and then 'CC' and the common factor I can see is that so far two of the broken Sims have this 'Mod Not Installed CAS/TattooTorsoFrontLower'

And I do believe it would be that, because yes, if the Sim is wearing a shirt, it appears they have a torso and hands. But once removed, that disappears as well.

I have tried resetting my Sims4 folder, and after a short bit playing, and testing different locations, I didn't see any broken Sims. Obviously, though, I'm trying to salvage my save files. Should I just give up and delete every broken NPC?

ETA: Well... I decided to test it and as I suspected, deleting broken Sims does nothing. They just spawn anew, still broken, even though I've disallowed use of CC for NPCs vis Sims4 Studio. My game must just be effed?

mod not installed.png

@bloodconfetti We always says "No EA lashes" cos it's this one most part of time BUT it also can be an other CC. The only real clue we can give to you, it's a CC that modify something on the face. Like teeth, lashes, tongue, eyes, brows, etc... Generaly its a default replacement.

In my case I had this issue 3 time, it was 2x a broken No Ea lashes CC and 1x a teeth overide CC.

5 hours ago, bloodconfetti said:

ETA: Well... I decided to test it and as I suspected, deleting broken Sims does nothing. They just spawn anew, still broken, even though I've disallowed use of CC for NPCs vis Sims4 Studio. My game must just be effed?

Try doing an Origin repair, if you haven't already done that.

Start a new game and see if problem persists.

(You don't want to mess up your old game save while testing mods)

If the problem does persist you may have to try the 50/50 method.

Start by moving all your makeup & hairs to a temp folder on your desktop and retest.

If and when the problem stops you will at least know which 'group' has the broken mod.

Other mods that can cause problems are hair physics, rigs, and fangs.

Using S4S to look over each cc might also give a clue but doesn't always work if it's not so obvious at a glance.  

9 hours ago, bloodconfetti said:

Thank you guys! The issue is... I *had* removed all my mods, and started a game and from the very start people were missing their faces. And doing an Origin repair doesn't work either. In fact, I just tested this again... I moved *only* my saves into the Reset Sims 4 file, loaded the game and:

faceless.png

Did you delete localthumbcache.pkg file in the sims 4 folder?

Archived