[mod] LF Beyond Heresy for HIP

LF Beyond Heresy for HIP

View File

Started out as a simple compatibility patch between the Historical Immersion Project and @Aliris' Beyond Heresy, the current version of this mod further tweaks all three branches of Lilith worship.

Given the negative image most mainstream Abrahamic believers have of Lilith, Jerusalem is no longer a holy site for any of her worshipers, who instead crusade and jihad over Egypt and Alexandria, and holding the latter's province is one of the conditions for the creation of the Khadimist Caliphate.

An opportunely tweaked Arwa al-Sulayhi is now provided as the future founder of Khadimist Islam and her starting capital is one of that religion's holy sites.

Rulers worshiping Lilith can now restore the Great Pyramid without falling into lunacy and build Grand Cathedrals or Great Mosques upgradable with Sacrificial Altars.

Added triggered modifiers to show the divergent opinions of Lilith worshipers and mainstream christians and muslims about certain vices and virtues, credit to the author of Satanism Plus for the idea.

WARNING: THE NEXT UPDATE OF THIS MOD IS GOING TO BE ITS FINAL VERSION AND BE RELEASED UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME, SINCE IT'S GOING WELL BEYOND ITS ORIGINAL PURPOSE AS AN EVENTS PATCH.

• 3 months later...

What do you think of these locations as the holy sites for Khadimist Islam?

Mecca

Medina

Jerusalem - put it back in the list, but to the muslim worshipers of Lilith the city's main claim to holiness comes from having been the seat of power of Solomon the Great, King of Mages.

Marib - historical capital of the Kingdom of Sheba and seat of its biblically famous queen.

Sanaa - the city where Khadimist Islam was born, ushered in by Sultana Arwa al-Sulayhi.

9 hours ago, AlexWyrmin said:

What do you think of these locations as the holy sites for Khadimist Islam?

Mecca

Medina

Jerusalem - put it back in the list, but to the muslim worshipers of Lilith the city's main claim to holiness comes from having been the seat of power of Solomon the Great, King of Mages.

Marib - historical capital of the Kingdom of Sheba and seat of its biblically famous queen.

Sanaa - the city where Khadimist Islam was born, ushered in by Sultana Arwa al-Sulayhi.

Seems alright except that Sanaa and Marib are right next to each other. Then Mecca and Medina are too (but that's just Islam so that's fine) and Sanaa and Marib are quite close to Mecca and Medina, making it a very narrow area for holy sites. Which is fine if you want the religion to be small. Your original post mentions Egypt and Alexandria as important. Moving a holy site there would spread them out more.

I'm actually considering dropping Mecca and Medina from the list entirely, given the nugget of lore Aliris made up for the Khadimists make it sound like they believe Fatimah was THE Prophet, rather than her father Muhammad.

P.S. Sorry about not responding to your first reply, I forgot to click the Follow button on my own topic and didn't notice it until I posted the list.

1 hour ago, AlexWyrmin said:

I'm actually considering dropping Mecca and Medina from the list entirely, given the nugget of lore Aliris made up for the Khadimists make it sound like they believe Fatimah was THE Prophet, rather than her father Muhammad.

P.S. Sorry about not responding to your first reply, I forgot to click the Follow button on my own topic and didn't notice it until I posted the list.

That would be nice, but Fatimah's significant life landmarks are pretty similar to Muhammad's. She was born in Mecca and, it's kind of hard to tell just based off of Wikipedia but it seems she lived there most of her life, and was eventually buried in Medina. So there's still definitely reason for those. Removing one or both would be nice for location variety. And you still haven't responded to my first reply. It's still kind of unclear because every detail is focused in lilislam.

18 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

And you still haven't responded to my first reply. It's still kind of unclear because every detail is focused in lilislam.

Originally I was focusing on lilislam simply because it was the only religion who needed to be patched to work with HIP, but now it's just down to the fact the other two can be customized to a far lesser degree, since they're both pretty much different flavors of analcoholic Satanism.