Sexout 2019 - What still works

DontBlnkBadWolf

So after all of these years, I am back to running FO:NV because I never played the DLCs. I found my original Ultimate Edition game CDs a while back and installed it. After getting the game updated, I was good to go. So, I come here to try the game again and add a little spice to the game. Problem is, 95% of the Sexout mods are very outdated according to the dates of the page or the dates of the download file. Not to mention, the handy guide to help you get the correct mods was last updated in 2018 just to add instructions to Tryout. There are broken links to mods on Nexus that are deleted. So, after installing everything, CTD before it even gets through the initial black screen. I would love to tell you that I hadn't try playing the game before downloading everything here these last few hours, but I can't. The game worked fine. It all started when I choose to get 4k Texture packs (no ESPs are with them) to get the game looking better for my higher end PC. While I was installing the 50GB texture files, I thought "Why not see what this game has to offer to spice it up."

I am very much an OCD person, and I followed the guide (as best as I could when getting the extras needed), and installed it the way that was written. Mods needed are sometimes so old, IDK if it will work with the last update for FO:NV or not. I'm sure after posting this, I'm going to get several response telling me that "it works fine for me". If you're going to leave that type of comment after you read this. Please don't. Saying that does not help me one bit. Or asking me my Load order. I can tell you that I only have weapon, environment, lighting, and 4k texture mods installed. I don't have Whovegas, New California or TTW installed. I'm saving those for after I play everything else.

All I, and I'm sure there are going to be others out there as well, need is an updated list. I'm just going for the basic. No kinks, or other shit like that. I play as a Male, because I am a male. So most of the stuff for Female PCs has no baring on my game.

Help out if you can.

Well NV isn't updated since a long time, so if some mods were working before then they should work now too. In the same way, if they were troublesome and they weren't corrected in the meantime, they'll still be troublesome.

But in the meantime there was an important change, Windows 10, which caused various issues here and there, so some issues are not related to SO itself but they're more general.

SO as framework already contains what it needs to work fully, you shouldn't have issues with that. I can't talk for SO plugins, I have no experience with those, I only remember SOFO was working properly around 2014 when I tried it. But, I remember there were troubling animations contained in SO, if you don't want to narrow down you could use NVAC as a painkiller and you should be OK.

And, if you found some dead links of requisites for other mods, you could write them here and we could see if there's an alternative.

Unfortunately, a lot of the good mods have been lost or taken down when the authors quit the modding community. Making a new list will take a bit of time, especially to test every link out there. I have my game working with some the same types of mods, so I could get started on an updated list. It sounds like your problem might be that the game can't load the textures, though. Try FNV 4GB Patcher- https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62552 

Also, try FNV Large Texture support- https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66626  The mod page lists some very useful mods for game stability that I'm sure you'll find useful.

Most mods require that you also have the New Vegas Script Extender to load the game correctly- http://nvse.silverlock.org/

If you use the 4GB patcher, it will automatically load NVSE along with the patch, so you don't have to worry about which one to use.

Edit: Not sure if this was the guide that you used, but all of the links are working. It should be a good starting point

Sorry for the late reply, I had to work the past 2 days. I work 12 hour shifts and come home to go to sleep within 2 hours of getting home.

On 11/25/2019 at 7:20 AM, A.J. said:

Well NV isn't updated since a long time, so if some mods were working before then they should work now too. In the same way, if they were troublesome and they weren't corrected in the meantime, they'll still be troublesome.

But in the meantime there was an important change, Windows 10, which caused various issues here and there, so some issues are not related to SO itself but they're more general.

SO as framework already contains what it needs to work fully, you shouldn't have issues with that. I can't talk for SO plugins, I have no experience with those, I only remember SOFO was working properly around 2014 when I tried it. But, I remember there were troubling animations contained in SO, if you don't want to narrow down you could use NVAC as a painkiller and you should be OK.

And, if you found some dead links of requisites for other mods, you could write them here and we could see if there's an alternative.

I did forget to mention when I said what mods I have. I have YUP, Unofficial Patch NVSE, Unofficial Patch Plus & the Addendum for it.

On 11/25/2019 at 8:04 AM, Enderella said:

Unfortunately, a lot of the good mods have been lost or taken down when the authors quit the modding community. Making a new list will take a bit of time, especially to test every link out there. I have my game working with some the same types of mods, so I could get started on an updated list. It sounds like your problem might be that the game can't load the textures, though. Try FNV 4GB Patcher- https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62552 

Also, try FNV Large Texture support- https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66626  The mod page lists some very useful mods for game stability that I'm sure you'll find useful.

Most mods require that you also have the New Vegas Script Extender to load the game correctly- http://nvse.silverlock.org/

If you use the 4GB patcher, it will automatically load NVSE along with the patch, so you don't have to worry about which one to use.

Edit: Not sure if this was the guide that you used, but all of the links are working. It should be a good starting point

I got the 4GB patcher as it was mention in the setup guide. This is the guide I followed:

As for broken links. I got them from the FAQ:

And they are: Sexout Consequences, Beware of Girl Type 3 HiRez HiDetailed Replacer, Bouncing Breasts Type 3 Armors, Beauty Pack PLUS - Project Mikoto- Hair - Eyes - Presets. Then under the Troubleshooting: The link for: How to get help with problems.

I also remember that one of the links, send me to one location, which claims that it's outdated and give a link for another one, only to find that there is a 3rd link to go to because that one was outdated as well. If I find that again, I will post it on my thread here.

I'm sure most of those broken links are ones for a female PC, but it says that they are needed if I want to get the mods to work as intended. Which sucks for us that play as a male.

Edit 13 minutes later. I also failed to mention that I already have the large texture support. I had to get that in order to use Charge's FNV HD Texture Packs.

3 hours ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

About Nexus links: later Nexus changed all its links, so this can be solved easily. Just pick a random mod on nexus, at the end of the link there's a number, replace it with the number you find in the old links, and it should work. I.e. :

Mikoto old (from the guide): https://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35878

Mikoto new (actually working on nexus): https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35878

However, if it's just about bodies and textures, surely there are new alternatives to try, it could be a good idea to browse the nexus and look for those you prefer. An important info about compatibility: if a body is called TYPE (some number), then it's compatible with other TYPEs. So, for example, if you like Type 6 body as model, but you prefer Type 3 as textures, you can put Type 3 textures over Type 6 body and they'll work fine.

Now I guess we should check the single cases, but I personally don't think you need a certain hair mod to make Sexout work properly, I assume it's just to have better characters. What really is mandatory when it comes to compatibilities in animations is the skeleton, but the one included in Sexout covers already everything. Be careful to other mods you can install, even if they don't seem related, because if they contain a skeleton then it can overwrite the one in Sexout and cause you an issue (usually a CTD). Some mods that install a skeleton are Ragdolls, Diagonal Movement of Xilandro, etc. Usually in the description they state it very clear, since this is an usual problem.

I got the 4GB patcher as it was mention in the setup guide. This is the guide I followed:

And they are: Sexout Consequences, Beware of Girl Type 3 HiRez HiDetailed Replacer, Bouncing Breasts Type 3 Armors, Beauty Pack PLUS - Project Mikoto- Hair - Eyes - Presets. Then under the Troubleshooting: The link for: How to get help with problems.

Bouncing Breast type 3 armors are covered in my guide. If you followed it you have the armors that are required.

Beware of Girl Type 3.. Any Type 3 body mesh/texture replace you desire can be used.  You can also use any other beautification mods you want that are compatible with your selected type 3 body.

If you want to use those (and they are good. except the Beware of Girl.. I know of some better) then a simple google search of the name and Nexus should drop you right on the mod. ;D  Keep in mind that those also have a list of mods they required. Don't forget to install those as well.

Also everything AJ said.. lol.

I appreciate this and the replies. I guess what was a little confusing is what I should be getting, as in mod wise. A lot of the clothes and armor are for Female PCs, if I am correct. Would I still need to get them even if I only play as a Male PC?

@RitualClarity Yes, I did follow your guide, and it was easy to follow and I did get everything listed and ESPs removed like you said. Even changed the name of the BSA as told. But out of those that are listed, what mods are just for NPCs and not for Male PCs? That's where I was doing a little questioning to myself if I really needed them or not.

Also, I saw mention of animations in the Sexout FAQ. But I never found any to download on the Sexout Downloads page. Groovatron was mentioned, but only because his was incompatible unless you did some re-configuring to make them work. Which I lack the skill to perform without fucking it up. Directions easy to follow, sure. But what the brain comprehends in theory, it lacks in the practicality to perform the function.

What I just did during the daylight hours on my 1st night off from work, and before I finally dropped from lack of sleep. I uninstalled everything, including the game. Then, just to make sure, I even deleted the Steam FalloutNV folder. After my 4 hour nap to feel refreshed, I then installed the game. This time around, I installed all of the mods that help the performance of FO:NV. The ones I mentioned before, only this time, I did it manually. I started thinking at work last night (my Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning), that some of the mods I got were from as far back as 2011. And being that old, they mentioned using FOMM (the other mod manager, I use NMM still to this day. Community Edition), I should load mods that are older than say, 2016 (or 2017 to be on the safe side), manually. Not a lot of them before 2015 could be installed properly through NMM. And since I have been around the modding community for about 3 years, I understand and can perform manual installations. As I'm sure all would agree that would be the safer route.

If anyone has ever installed mods for The Witcher 3, then you know all of it is done manually and have to learn how to merge scripts. But, I am just rambling on, now.

36 minutes ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

I appreciate this and the replies. I guess what was a little confusing is what I should be getting, as in mod wise. A lot of the clothes and armor are for Female PCs, if I am correct. Would I still need to get them even if I only play as a Male PC?

@RitualClarity Yes, I did follow your guide, and it was easy to follow and I did get everything listed and ESPs removed like you said. Even changed the name of the BSA as told. But out of those that are listed, what mods are just for NPCs and not for Male PCs? That's where I was doing a little questioning to myself if I really needed them or not.

Also, I saw mention of animations in the Sexout FAQ. But I never found any to download on the Sexout Downloads page. Groovatron was mentioned, but only because his was incompatible unless you did some re-configuring to make them work. Which I lack the skill to perform without fucking it up. Directions easy to follow, sure. But what the brain comprehends in theory, it lacks in the practicality to perform the function.

What I just did during the daylight hours on my 1st night off from work, and before I finally dropped from lack of sleep. I uninstalled everything, including the game. Then, just to make sure, I even deleted the Steam FalloutNV folder. After my 4 hour nap to feel refreshed, I then installed the game. This time around, I installed all of the mods that help the performance of FO:NV. The ones I mentioned before, only this time, I did it manually. I started thinking at work last night (my Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning), that some of the mods I got were from as far back as 2011. And being that old, they mentioned using FOMM (the other mod manager, I use NMM still to this day. Community Edition), I should load mods that are older than say, 2016 (or 2017 to be on the safe side), manually. Not a lot of them before 2015 could be installed properly through NMM. And since I have been around the modding community for about 3 years, I understand and can perform manual installations. As I'm sure all would agree that would be the safer route.

If anyone has ever installed mods for The Witcher 3, then you know all of it is done manually and have to learn how to merge scripts. But, I am just rambling on, now.

To be honest, I'd recommend using Mod Organizer 2. It's completely compatible with FNV. It'll let you keep your game folder mostly clean and you can easily keep track of what overwrites what. You can launch most of your exes from there as well. NVSE and enbs should be installed in the game folder normally. You can just unselect whatever mods you don't want in your list without waiting for a long uninstall process or worrying about leaving traces of the mod in your game folder afterwards. If you have an issue where you'd have to reinstall again I'd try it. It'll make modding a lot easier. 

As far as SCR goes, I think the pregnancy section is optional unless the mods you want to use need those mods to function. The base mods are required, but not for a male pc. They just make up resources that other mods will make use of. So if a mod you want requires SCR, then you absolutely need them. 

If you're looking for a male body, you could try Breeze's male body https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35451 or Roberts Male Body https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54731

Body morphs should be fine as long as you have a compatible skeleton. I use Astymmas Compatibility skeleton https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45229

" Also, I saw mention of animations in the Sexout FAQ. But I never found any to download on the Sexout Downloads page. Groovatron was mentioned, but only because his was incompatible unless you did some re-configuring to make them work "

Sexout has already all the animations packaged on it, so you don't need anything else. But if you're going to install other mods with other animations (i.e. Groovatron), you *could* have an issue. Some animation mods have a dirty edit which, if it takes priority, it'll prevent any other animation mod to work properly. So it's not much about Sexout, but about the other mods you install. Anyway, the solution is pretty easy, you can point me to your issue and I can correct it for you. If you ever use a mod of mine which involves animations (i.e. Small Animator) and you put it lower in the load order it'll clean that issue on any other animation mods that potentially could have it.

" Would I still need to get them even if I only play as a Male PC "

I don't think so, usually what counts is the naked body. If a mod is stating that it requires a specific armor mod, please write which one is it and we could check together to understand why.

"What about Body Morphs? Do they make anything no longer work with SO"

Body Morph changes the proportions of some parts of the body, on a skeleton level. So, it has no problems neither with Sexout, nor requires specific bodies. It will require specific bones to work properly, but this is just more technical, it's easier with an example... If you install a BnB body, to let the breast bounce, it means they introduced two bones on the breast. So, Body Morph will allow to change the size of the breast. If you install a body which is not BnB, then Body Morph will still work but won't give you the ability to morph the breast.

But... Body Morph allows only to morph upper body, which on its own spoils any hope I have on it. There's a pretty simple technical explanation behind, but we never managed to workaround it. I only workarounded with my clunky port of CBBE, but that workaround came out with quite a heavy downside, so it's not a good thing anyway.

1 hour ago, Enderella said:

To be honest, I'd recommend using Mod Organizer 2.

Sorry, I've tried MO & MO2 and I can't stand either of them. I was hoping that Vortex was going to be a combination of both MO & NMM, but it is not . I don't like it either. I'm used to how I see the load order. It's not confusing on the split screen for MO/MO2, I just don't care for the left side does one thing and the right side does something else and they don't correspond with each other. Left side can be totally different way than the right. With my OCD, I like keeping them grouped together. If I place a mod in a position, then the place in the load has to be the same. I'll take a bloated Hard Drive space over any of the others. The new KMM sounds promising, but it has the looks of MO, so that's a nope for me.

Now I'll go back to read the rest of your post, that first line made me stop to comment, lol.

I got Robert's for male to try out. I read issue with the black skin color over part of it. But it's fixed by turning the invalidation off then back on, or the other way around.

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

" Also, I saw mention of animations in the Sexout FAQ. But I never found any to download on the Sexout Downloads page. Groovatron was mentioned, but only because his was incompatible unless you did some re-configuring to make them work "

Sexout has already all the animations packaged on it, so you don't need anything else. But if you're going to install other mods with other animations (i.e. Groovatron), you *could* have an issue. Some animation mods have a dirty edit which, if it takes priority, it'll prevent any other animation mod to work properly. So it's not much about Sexout, but about the other mods you install. Anyway, the solution is pretty easy, you can point me to your issue and I can correct it for you. If you ever use a mod of mine which involves animations (i.e. Small Animator) and you put it lower in the load order it'll clean that issue on any other animation mods that potentially could have it.

" Would I still need to get them even if I only play as a Male PC "

I don't think so, usually what counts is the naked body. If a mod is stating that it requires a specific armor mod, please write which one is it and we could check together to understand why.

"What about Body Morphs? Do they make anything no longer work with SO"

Body Morph changes the proportions of some parts of the body, on a skeleton level. So, it has no problems neither with Sexout, nor requires specific bodies. It will require specific bones to work properly, but this is just more technical, it's easier with an example... If you install a BnB body, to let the breast bounce, it means they introduced two bones on the breast. So, Body Morph will allow to change the size of the breast. If you install a body which is not BnB, then Body Morph will still work but won't give you the ability to morph the breast.

But... Body Morph allows only to morph upper body, which on its own spoils any hope I have on it. There's a pretty simple technical explanation behind, but we never managed to workaround it. I only workaround with my clunky port of CBBE, but that workaround came out with quite a heavy downside, so it's not a good thing anyway.

Thank you for clearing up about the animations. I must have overlooked or misunderstood about SO already having them loaded. Groovatron is hidden or gone from Nexus so the link doesn't matter.

Since I'm going to use Robert's for the male PC body, I think I'll be good about specific clothes/armors. Only things I have seen are for certain named NPCs that require a type 3 and certain hair/eye/brows/lashes mod to go with it. But if I do find something out there, then I'll write about it.

I think I chose Body Morph because I saw a mod called Type N Body. Was said that it works with Body Morph, and I just went with that. But if BnB is the way to go, then I'll give it a shot. But the issue would now be that I got rid of Type N because some of the changes to the NPCs needs either Type 3 or Diamonized Type 3 body. I'm sure they are the same, just different skins on them. I'll have to look and see if BnB will work with it. I may have glanced over BnB before and it may have said it was compatible, but not 100% sure until I go look it up again.

10 hours ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

The SCR Resources are advice by me to install. Once done, which you have done.. if you followed the backup instructions you don't need to mess with these again. I advise to have those as some of the mods will access some of those resources and generally, nobody mentions this.  For example Sexout Store has some of those on the vendors.  Playing a male does have limited to almost no use of the components but... you don't want to be playing along enjoying yourself and run in to a floating head or red triangle. Best to have that installed. The mods (clothing) is for the female player and the NPCs. Generally all armors can be used by both the player and the NPC if nstalled just needs to have a mod make that available or you to manually call for the armor and place it into the NPCs inventory.

That being said... the pregnancy options aren't needed. This would be Maternity Pack Overkill or the all in one (all though base and likely needs to be updated) SMMP. These are for the pregnancy options and offers more armors and clothing options than the regular base Sexout Pregnancy mod does. This is useful in my opinion even if you are a male if .. IF you decide to get a companion pregnant (I believe it is an option in the menu) then you have more armors and such that can be used by her.

You should stick to one manager. . You should avoid using manual as you have limited experience in modding Fallout games from my understanding. Manual is for those that understand and what files are what and where to go to remove them etc.  One of the mod authors like Pride,.. Odessa, or others that can really dig deep and do work on the files directly and make changes they desire are the ones in my opinion should be able to use manual if they so choose to do. so.. Others newer ones shouldn't.  I have used manual for some time early on in modding history and I can tell you if you think all this info and what to do is a pain in the ass. Just try to figure out which file is the one that is causing you a pain in the ass. Not mod.. FILE(s). Not fun.  I know how t o clean up my Steam folder easier than a NUKE and reload but still it is a pain in the ass anyway. Trust me. ;)  Mod managers allow you to (essentially) to keep a clean or at least a cleaner data folder... less chance of a wayward file fucking up your shit without your knowledge.

TL;DR... managers that are qualified to work with Fallout NV files should be fine to use as a mod manager. Any of them. Your choice. Different ones have different options that you might find useful. DON'T do manual or you will regret it.

Mods for Witcher 3 isn't that big of a deal manual installing compared to Fallout 3, NV, Skyrim etc.  You aren't as likely to have 100's of mods that most of them conflict with the game AND each other. etc.  I have installed mods for Witcher 3.. It is tame compared to keeping things straight in a fully modded Fallout NV game. ;) However, it is my opinion. 

Finally.. if you manually install you will likely get less support on a problem that doesn't make sense or wasn't reported earlier by others. The authors generally will assume you fucked something up on your process and the issue is with you and your game not their mod. In time I trust based on your current post and interaction with the community this will change as people start to understand that you are willing to work on the problem, read the info ask appropriate question etc etc. There is one benefit of manual installation is you can see the files and start to learn how things work. Shame you don't like MO as it does exactly that.. in essence it manually installs the files at run time.  The files are separate and can be accessed separately which greatly aids in the understanding of the mods and what is going on. It also has a conflict notification which helps you see what is conflicting etc. I learned a great deal about mods and how they are working just by looking at them in MO.  Finally it is so easy to modify any of the files at a mod by mod as opposed to them being all together in a data folder manually installed. ;)  you might not like it.. but I believe if you give it the time .. you will learn to appreciate its tools and their uses. (Disclaimer.. not sure what Vortex has to offer on this aspect)

47 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

The SCR Resources are advice by me to install. Once done, which you have done.. if you followed the backup instructions you don't need to mess with these again. I advise to have those as some of the mods will access some of those resources and generally, nobody mentions this.  For example Sexout Store has some of those on the vendors.  Playing a male does have limited to almost no use of the components but... you don't want to be playing along enjoying yourself and run in to a floating head or red triangle. Best to have that installed.

That being said... the pregnancy options aren't needed. This would be Maternity Pack Overkill or the all in one (all though base and likely needs to be updated) SMMP. These are for the pregnancy options and offers more armors and clothing options than the regular base Sexout Pregnancy mod does. This is useful in my opinion even if you are a male if .. IF you decide to get a companion pregnant (I believe it is an option in the menu) then you have more armors and such that can be used by her.

You should stick to one manager. . You should avoid using manual as you have limited experience in modding Fallout games from my understanding. Manual is for those that understand and what files are what and where to go to remove them etc.  One of the mod authors like Pride,.. Odessa, or others that can really dig deep and do work on the files directly and make changes they desire are the ones in my opinion should be able to use manual if they so choose to do. so.. Others newer ones shouldn't.  I have used manual for some time early on in modding history and I can tell you if you think all this info and what to do is a pain in the ass. Just try to figure out which file is the one that is causing you a pain in the ass. Not mod.. FILE(s). Not fun.  I know how t o clean up my Steam folder easier than a NUKE and reload but still it is a pain in the ass anyway. Trust me. ;)  Mod managers allow you to (essentially) to keep a clean or at least a cleaner data folder... less chance of a wayward file fucking up your shit without your knowledge.

TL;DR... managers that are qualified to work with Fallout NV files should be fine to use as a mod manager. Any of them. Your choice. Different ones have different options that you might find useful. DON'T do manual or you will regret it.

Mods for Witcher 3 isn't that big of a deal manual installing compared to Fallout 3, NV, Skyrim etc.  You aren't as likely to have 100's of mods that most of them conflict with the game AND each other. etc.  I have installed mods for Witcher 3.. It is tame compared to keeping things straight in a fully modded Fallout NV game. ;) However, it is my opinion. 

Finally.. if you manually install you will likely get less support on a problem that doesn't make sense or wasn't reported earlier by others. The authors generally will assume you fucked something up on your process and the issue is with you and your game not their mod.

That makes sense about getting clothes/armors because some of the stores/merchants have them in there level lists. And the pregnancy as well. As for my Bethesda modding experience. I've been modding them for 3 years now. I install either through NMM or manually. I have also had my fair share of picking out bad files in some mods. Have even tweaked a few to get them to work properly. I have created a few FO4 mods, just basic ones, mind you. Stuff that I create in xEdit. Am currently piecing together NPC Replacer mods for Skyrim SE. For my own personal use, I'm combining around 7 different NPC Replacer/Overhaul mods that replaces around 250+ named NPCs in the game. Let me tell you, that is a job and a half.

Typing up all of the different FormID #s for each one, just to print them off and have in front of me when I go through each mod. Because there is an overlap of mods that replace the same named NPC. I had to load each mod one at a time, just to take screenshots of the individuals that are overlapped between mods, so I could do a side-by-side comparison to help me choose which mod I would use for which NPC that I picked. That part is over, and I needed a break from doing that. I still have to go back and start back up where I left off. So, yes, I do know how Beth modding works, lol.

Besides, I'm only manually installing mods that are older then 2016. To be safe & sure that the contents get to the proper location. I may use NMM, and that is my preferred manager. But, I'm not silly enough to think that these old mods will install properly even if NMM is on it's current community edition release. I also make sure to read and fully understand the installation instruction. I don't half-ass it. There are countless time that I've seen comments on mod pages where they complain that it doesn't work and get pissed off at the creator before realizing that they didn't follow the installation properly. Or they didn't read the part about conflicts, that gets more people than a bad install. Have I ever glanced over installation instructions, yep, fucked myself over a few times. Of course when a mod is straight forward and not much to the install, or conflict isn't even something to worry about (that much, still anything can happen). I'm rambling again, I tend to do that when I have happy fingers on the keyboard and the words flow through my brain so easily.

Oh, and as for merging scripts for TW3. I find it a pain to sit there and make sure every script line is not conflicting with either mod you are trying to merge. Merging the "texture" (bad word for them, because they are not fulling just texture mods.) mods are easy with mod merger. And now that someone has figured out how to get past that 21 mod limit wall, the sky is, almost, the limit on how many one can install and run without having an infinite load screen. Or a slowdown during the cut-scenes while it tries to load, that is the most annoying.

We still have to merge scripts and we have to find out which "texture" mod conflicts with a different one. But after that, no brick wall for a mod limit.

OK I do feel this could get to confusion, so I need to add an extra line. When people usually refer to BnB, they just mean the added feature for the breast to bounce. Type N for example should be BnB if I remember well. But... there's a mod on Nexus which is called something like Bouncing Breasts or something like that, which was the first mod which introduced BnB in NV. Well, I wasn't meaning that mod, I was meaning every mod which tells you it's BnB in the description. For example you could have Type 3 (which has not bouncing breast), and Type 3 BnB, where someone simply added that feature.

About MO: I never used it in NV because I never had the need, more or less I usually install always the same hundred mods and FOMM is enough, mostly I do it manually. But I can't avoid to use MO neither in Skyrim nor in FO4, it's really mandatory when things become complicated. The two columns have a specific reason which is quite important when you bring modding to certain high level, when you install a lot of mods, not many other mod managers allow you the same flexibility and abundance of options. So my suggestion is in some remote future, when you'll have some free time to waste, when you have to organize a lot of mods and things become complicated, etc. give MO a second chance, it's really a blessing.

55 minutes ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

Let me tell you, that is a job and a half.

Typing up all of the different FormID #s for each one, just to print them off and have in front of me when I go through each mod. Because there is an overlap of mods that replace the same named NPC. I had to load each mod one at a time, just to take screenshots of the individuals that are overlapped between mods, so I could do a side-by-side comparison to help me choose which mod I would use for which NPC that I picked. That part is over, and I needed a break from doing that. I still have to go back and start back up where I left off. So, yes, I do know how Beth modding works, lol.

Besides, I'm only manually installing mods that are older then 2016. To be safe & sure that the contents get to the proper location. I may use NMM, and that is my preferred manager. But, I'm not silly enough to think that these old mods will install properly even if NMM is on it's current community edition release. I also make sure to read and fully understand the installation instruction. I don't half-ass it. There are countless time that I've seen comments on mod pages where they complain that it doesn't work and get pissed off at the creator before realizing that they didn't follow the installation properly. Or they didn't read the part about conflicts, that gets more people than a bad install. Have I ever glanced over installation instructions, yep, fucked myself over a few times. Of course when a mod is straight forward and not much to the install, or conflict isn't even something to worry about (that much, still anything can happen). I'm rambling again, I tend to do that when I have happy fingers on the keyboard and the words flow through my brain so easily.

You don't have to tell me. I am fully aware of the work involved. I haven't done that level but doesn't mean I don't have a good working understanding of the level of effort that takes ;) I just don't have enough time to do it myself. In fact, I haven't had a game running (serious game play) in about 3 years. I have fired up something from here and there to test and to keep my stuff as up to date as necessary (so that I can understand the basics)

Mo does work well. Have only found two times it glitched out for me ... Thsoe were easy to fix.  I prefer it over manual becuse essentially it is  manual install (once ran) and you can view the files "live" to be sure they are correct and good to go both in MO (to see the folder structure) and to see how it isin the game as well if wished. Once I took the time to understand MO and its functions.. I haven't gone back. Also I can copy MO and have a complete backup of all the mods, downloads and configurations I have in my game at any given point... :D But I understand..

46 minutes ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

Oh, and as for merging scripts for TW3. I find it a pain to sit there and make sure every script line is not conflicting with either mod you are trying to merge. Merging the "texture" (bad word for them, because they are not fulling just texture mods.) mods are easy with mod merger. And now that someone has figured out how to get past that 21 mod limit wall, the sky is, almost, the limit on how many one can install and run without having an infinite load screen. Or a slowdown during the cut-scenes while it tries to load, that is the most annoying.

We still have to merge scripts and we have to find out which "texture" mod conflicts with a different one. But after that, no brick wall for a mod limit.

I hated merging the scripts. .. and never went above 3 or so mods due to it.  I always seemed to mess something up.. (however later learned it was due to the way the game responds to the mods as much as what I did. had someone look at my work and they said it was OK)
thanks for the info on the fix to be able to load what you want as much as you want without causing major loading issues. :D

30 minutes ago, A.J. said:

OK I do feel this could get to confusion, so I need to add an extra line. When people usually refer to BnB, they just mean the added feature for the breast to bounce. Type N for example should be BnB if I remember well. But... there's a mod on Nexus which is called something like Bouncing Breasts or something like that, which was the first mod which introduced BnB in NV. Well, I wasn't meaning that mod, I was meaning every mod which tells you it's BnB in the description. For example you could have Type 3 (which has not bouncing breast), and Type 3 BnB, where someone simply added that feature.

About MO: I never used it in NV because I never had the need, more or less I usually install always the same hundred mods and FOMM is enough, mostly I do it manually. But I can't avoid to use MO neither in Skyrim nor in FO4, it's really mandatory when things become complicated. The two columns have a specific reason which is quite important when you bring modding to certain high level, when you install a lot of mods, not many other mod managers allow you the same flexibility and abundance of options. So my suggestion is in some remote future, when you'll have some free time to waste, when you have to organize a lot of mods and things become complicated, etc. give MO a second chance, it's really a blessing.

The first part about BnB. is one of my pet peeves about Fallout. That alone is one of the most missleading aspects of fallout nv that I can recall. It bugged the piss out of me.

FOMM is solid as fuck. Plain and simple.  Works as advertised. Has some basic tools for Fallout 3 and Fallout NV.  As I understand it was the per-cursor to NMM. Which is the per-courser to Vortex.

I would follow up with A.J's suggestion.. however, modify it a bit... If you have Skyrim (old rim) then load it up as a local install and play with it there. The same basic functions are there as would be in Falout nv and pretty much the same as the MO2 for Fallout 4.  Start with some basic shit that you would manually install like simple textures and such. Stuff that won't break the game. See what happens. Check the files and the installation when ran. I believe you will see my point where you can modify the files manually .. INDIVIDUALLY in the folders and then run the MO and have them install .. pretty much like a manual install.  I have gotten to a point where most of the mods I have are extracted, combined and /or modified and placed manually into MO's Mod folder.  Same as I would for a manual install.. (zip files extracted into the Data folder as needed in order needed etc)  However, unlike the manual version. I can click and click the activation of them. which is install and uninstall. That combined with the software checking for conflicts over 100's of mods. (I have had as many as 500 mods installed into MO without a single issue. ) activating and deactivating and realizing on the fly what is conflicting.. makes my life so much easier.

I am fairly confident A.J and 100% confident I am only encouraging you to try it again due to how much easier mod management (manual work as well) can be with it.  Also understand why you like manual control over the files so much.

If you do decide to try it on a another game that isn't important like Skyrim or something .. (not being played at this time ) in order to learn MO.. I am 100% confident taht you will get a lot of support on how to do things. Keep in mind however, Skyrim (old rim) is a bit more complex to install some of the mods (FNIS bodyslide) than it is manual but... once you understand how MO works... it becomes apparent and easy to understand even if you come across a new mod by reading the description what you need to do

I learned a while back that LOOT will only take you so far, it's not perfect and can sometimes mess up the order and CTD a game. After figuring that out, I let my OCD take over. I realized in some random thread in the Nexus Forum when someone was speaking about his/hers problem with their Load Order that what was stopping anyone from installing their mods in the same categorized groups. Would that lead to less CTDs? Make the conflicts between mods of a certain category easier to track in xEdit because they are from the same mod type?

I soon set out to re-organize the category list in NMM. All mods are broken down into named categories set up by Nexus. So, with that in mind, I took it a step further with my OCD brain activity. Mods that are very essential to the running, and/or fixing the game. I renamed the category 001 Load First. That will have your Unofficial patches, skeletons, race menus, compatibility patches, things of those nature. How I load the rest is by numbered categories as well. Animations would be low in number like 3-5, because bug fixes are always listed under 002 Bug Fixes. I following what the description of a mod says on load order, and will number that category accordingly, if feasible. I always end the list with one that is number (depending on how many different categories that I am using, based on game), example 025 Load Last. Those are for the plugins that have to be loaded last, obviously, or near last. Heather Casdin for FO4 needs to be loaded last, but I have other companion mods that do not need to be. While I will have a numbered category for companions, I still put Heather in the Load Last category. Other mods for FO4 that need to be last are scrapping mod, place everywhere and I think something else. Can't remember because it has been over a year since I played FO4 (Was waiting for Insane Ivy 5.0 to be released. But have to wait longer because ChicGeek, who did Ivy's human voice, is AWOL. Long story there).

Anyway, with me doing it the way I do, actually cuts down on issues. I don't have to worry about CTDs because of load order. And if I do have a CTD, it usually corresponds with an action that I just did in game. With my set up, I can go to that section in my load order, disable each one of those ESPs, one at a time, and not have to hunt up and down on the plugins list. If the game CTDs when I draw/use a weapon, boom, middle of the load order to start. CTD when talking to a companion/follower? No problem, either top 1/4 or bottom 1/4 of the list to go over. That is why I don't think I'll ever switch from NMM.

MO/MO2 bugs me. The left side, the little green +, Red -. What happens on the left side, when it comes to overwriting a mod has no effect on the load order on the right. Nope, that is stupid to me. I know that when I load each one in NMM, it will ask me if I want to overwrite, I'll answer accordingly. And yes, I know it means the same thing on the left panel of MO/MO2, but I don't want to see the + or - symbols. Just let me see the list the way I want to see it, like in NMM. And don't get me started on having to manually take the mod out of the data folder if MO can't find the correct files or the esp because the folder structure of the mod was set up wrong by the author. I get in very heated debates on a mod group's Discord channel when a somewhat new person, or a brand new person, to modding starts asking questions about NMM and there is like 5-10 people telling them to stop using NMM and go straight to MO/MO2. I come at them all, guns blazing and hot tempered because the person is either used to NMM or has dealt with NMM and comfortable. It actually pisses me off, because they are trying to force their way, like they have stock in the managers.

No, back to BnB. I got BnB Body Extender, and if I read it correctly, it will work with the Skeleton mentioned in the list. And what you are saying is that I would need to find some BnB compatible Type 3 Clothes/Armors so they can work nicely together, if I wanted to add more then what is provided in the guide, correct?

That's not an issue, but, do I have to use only Type 3, or can I use like a Type 4 or Type 6? Not asking because I have seen something I wanted to get, it's just that I've seen different "Type (#)" mods floating around out there.

1 hour ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

And don't get me started on having to manually take the mod out of the data folder if MO can't find the correct files or the esp because the folder structure of the mod was set up wrong by the author.

I get in very heated debates on a mod group's Discord channel when a somewhat new person, or a brand new person, to modding starts asking questions about NMM and there is like 5-10 people telling them to stop using NMM and go straight to MO/MO2. I come at them all, guns blazing and hot tempered because the person is either used to NMM or has dealt with NMM and comfortable. It actually pisses me off, because they are trying to force their way, like they have stock in the managers.

WHAT!... I don't understand.. you don't do anything with the actual Data folder..You don't have to move anything out of it due to someone not structuring their mod correctly.  There isn't anything in the actual data folder. It is only there while MO is active AND the mod is active in MO.  Just unclick it.. Done!  Its gone. As far as structure not being correct. You can select the files included in the installation process as you install. You can move those files around in the installer if you desire. Once installed you can hide them, delete them move them, etc. No need to reinstall them.  I might be wrong but I don't think you understand Mod Organizer well.

As for the other complaints... Those I can understand. Those are preferences and actually can be turned off You can hide those + and other things by simply removing that line. . The other complaints are harder to address.

The only issue I had.. / have is NMM was discontinued for a time. My concern is it hasn't been fully updated and stable. Elf Prince uses NMM and some others here. They have had issues that aren't present in MO. This is the most current NMM that has been updated. That is my concern.  Elf Prince is an advocate for NMM and a friend here to me. He can testify that I have no problem with NMM or those that use it.  I just so happen to like MO :P

I don't have a problem with that. Only reason I suggested it is you like manual installation. I like manual like installation. NMM and FOMM both are dead simple and easier to use, to start and to get into the game. They are however IMO a bit harder to diagnose issues with a mod when you have a list of mods that a person helping isn't familiar with.

Well if a modder didn't package correctly a mod... you know, it happens :) once was happening much more, in the days of FO3.

About the left column of MO

Spoiler

Most people tell that MO has a slower learning curve and it's true, understanding the difference between the left and the right column requires some knowledge on how things work in modding. The left column is for assets, right column is for the load order. Things can seem pretty complicated at start, or you could say stupid maybe, but usually they become clear after a while that you mod your game and you'll start to arrange things properly in an automatic way.

Let's make two examples. They will be silly, but it's important to understand only the concept, how the things work. I can't speak for NMM because I never used it, but I can make comparison with a manual installation.

- Load order, right column

You install a mod which rebalances weapons, increasing all their damages. However, you feel that the 10mm is too weak, so you install a mod which increases only its damage. Both these mods are just a .esp file, a plugin, because they only require to change some values inside the game. Now, the correct load order would be putting the first mod higher in the load order, and the second mod lower in the load order, since it's read from top to down. So, it starts with vanilla having its vanilla values for weapons, then these will be overwritten by the first mod you installed (the complete re-balance), and then the second mod will overwrite only the 10mm since it's lower. If you were inverting those two, the result would be that the 10mm has the damage of the first mod, since it's lower in the load order. Surely these infos are quite redundant and you know well how load order works, but still I preferred to write for better clarity.

- Assets, left column

In the game you can load external assets (i.e. textures, models) compressed inside a BSA or as single files, called "loose files". Loose files will always have the priority. So, if you install for example NMC textures which comes with a BSA, and then you install some retexture of a sunset sarsaparilla vendor machine which comes as loose files, the second will always have the priority. If now you install a third mod which is a retexture of all the vending machines, as loose files (so it also contains the same loose files for the sarsaparilla vending machine), these will literally overwrite the second mod, the files will be overwritten in Windows, inside the folder. So, if you installed everything in manual and you notice that you preferred the textures of the second mod, all you can do is literally re-extract the second mod's files and let them overwrite again the ones of the third mod.

This is not complicated, if you are careful you can track it down. But what happens in practice when you have some hundreds mods? you'll make mistakes, you won't track down all the files contained in every single package, and you'll start to not fully understand at 100% what's happening. At this point, a mod manager like MO helps you. You install all the three mods and you'll see them in the left column, you'll see that the first mod has a minus, because it's overwritten by the second, and the second mod has a minus because it's overwritten by the third. But this is not happening in Windows, because MO keeps every mod separated and then will "mix" them only when you start the game, so if after some time you realize that you prefer the textures of the second mod, just drag and drop it at the place of the third mod, exchange their position.

Things become even harder when assets are contained inside a BSA, because you'd need to explore or extract it with a BSA extractor to understand what it really contains. MO does it for you, it already browses the content and shows you if it contains something which is overwritten by loose files.

Here's a more practical example with mods we're talking these days.

You install Sexout. Then you install some BnB mod, breast bounce. Then you install a mod which is not even related, some mod about the gameplay, like diagonal movement, which contains its own skeleton as loose file. Your BnB will stop working. But, since you installed them in manual, you won't be prompted by an overwrite, because Sexout has its skeleton inside its BSA, while diagonal movement has it as loose file and will always take the priority. If you were in MO, you'd see a minus on sexout and a plus on diagonal movement, if you were right clicking on it it would have told you that the skeleton.nif was overwritten. And you know what, if you installed them manually you could even not notice immediately that the two mods were conflicting, that diagonal movement caused you the issue, because of many reasons (you dumped many mods together, you didn't notice immediately the result in game, you did it one night but only tested after few days so you weren't remembering exactly how things went, etc.). MO provides you an immediate visual result of what's happening behind the curtains.

As stated before, all these things can be tracked down when you have few mods, you focus on what you're doing, you do things in steps and with common sense. But they start to be very complicated when you have a lot of mods, even people who spent thousand hours in modding can be tricked and lose track of what's happening.

"That's not an issue, but, do I have to use only Type 3, or can I use like a Type 4 or Type 6 "

You could even mix them. Every armor contains a body which will replace yours when you wear it.

Let's say you installed DRESS from TYPE(VERY FAT) and ARMOR from TYPE(VERY SLIM). When you wear the dress, you'll be fat; when you wear the armor, you'll be slim. If you install PROSPECTOR OUTFIT from TYPE (WHATEVER, but BNB), the breast will bounce only when you wear the prospector outfit and will stop when you wear something else which is not BnB.

Of course the best deal would be having all the armors and clothes for the same body type, because it would be more realistic, it's dumb seeing you change your body based by what you wear, but it's just about aesthetic. The only important thing to remember when it comes to compatibility is that every body which is called TYPE(something) shares the same UV map, which means their textures are compatible.

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

Well if a modder didn't package correctly a mod... you know, it happens :) once was happening much more, in the days of FO3.

About the left column of MO

Hide contents

Most people tell that MO has a slower learning curve and it's true, understanding the difference between the left and the right column requires some knowledge on how things work in modding. The left column is for assets, right column is for the load order. Things can seem pretty complicated at start, or you could say stupid maybe, but usually they become clear after a while that you mod your game and you'll start to arrange things properly in an automatic way.

Let's make two examples. They will be silly, but it's important to understand only the concept, how the things work. I can't speak for NMM because I never used it, but I can make comparison with a manual installation.

- Load order, right column

You install a mod which rebalances weapons, increasing all their damages. However, you feel that the 10mm is too weak, so you install a mod which increases only its damage. Both these mods are just a .esp file, a plugin, because they only require to change some values inside the game. Now, the correct load order would be putting the first mod higher in the load order, and the second mod lower in the load order, since it's read from top to down. So, it starts with vanilla having its vanilla values for weapons, then these will be overwritten by the first mod you installed (the complete re-balance), and then the second mod will overwrite only the 10mm since it's lower. If you were inverting those two, the result would be that the 10mm has the damage of the first mod, since it's lower in the load order. Surely these infos are quite redundant and you know well how load order works, but still I preferred to write for better clarity.

- Assets, left column

In the game you can load external assets (i.e. textures, models) compressed inside a BSA or as single files, called "loose files". Loose files will always have the priority. So, if you install for example NMC textures which comes with a BSA, and then you install some retexture of a sunset sarsaparilla vendor machine which comes as loose files, the second will always have the priority. If now you install a third mod which is a retexture of all the vending machines, as loose files (so it also contains the same loose files for the sarsaparilla vending machine), these will literally overwrite the second mod, the files will be overwritten in Windows, inside the folder. So, if you installed everything in manual and you notice that you preferred the textures of the second mod, all you can do is literally re-extract the second mod's files and let them overwrite again the ones of the third mod.

This is not complicated, if you are careful you can track it down. But what happens in practice when you have some hundreds mods? you'll make mistakes, you won't track down all the files contained in every single package, and you'll start to not fully understand at 100% what's happening. At this point, a mod manager like MO helps you. You install all the three mods and you'll see them in the left column, you'll see that the first mod has a minus, because it's overwritten by the second, and the second mod has a minus because it's overwritten by the third. But this is not happening in Windows, because MO keeps every mod separated and then will "mix" them only when you start the game, so if after some time you realize that you prefer the textures of the second mod, just drag and drop it at the place of the third mod, exchange their position.

Things become even harder when assets are contained inside a BSA, because you'd need to explore or extract it with a BSA extractor to understand what it really contains. MO does it for you, it already browses the content and shows you if it contains something which is overwritten by loose files.

Here's a more practical example with mods we're talking these days.

You install Sexout. Then you install some BnB mod, breast bounce. Then you install a mod which is not even related, some mod about the gameplay, like diagonal movement, which contains its own skeleton as loose file. Your BnB will stop working. But, since you installed them in manual, you won't be prompted by an overwrite, because Sexout has its skeleton inside its BSA, while diagonal movement has it as loose file and will always take the priority. If you were in MO, you'd see a minus on sexout and a plus on diagonal movement, if you were right clicking on it it would have told you that the skeleton.nif was overwritten. And you know what, if you installed them manually you could even not notice immediately that the two mods were conflicting, that diagonal movement caused you the issue, because of many reasons (you dumped many mods together, you didn't notice immediately the result in game, you did it one night but only tested after few days so you weren't remembering exactly how things went, etc.). MO provides you an immediate visual result of what's happening behind the curtains.

As stated before, all these things can be tracked down when you have few mods, you focus on what you're doing, you do things in steps and with common sense. But they start to be very complicated when you have a lot of mods, even people who spent thousand hours in modding can be tricked and lose track of what's happening.

Yes, and if it wasn't packed correctly the author soon knew from his users. .Likely many of them. ;)  Doesn't make that mistake easily again :P

yes, good description of MO and the left side.  Also thanks A. J. I had forgotten about the little issue with BSA and loose files as well.

I usually extract all my files when doing manual installation, not sure if others that do manual does this.. I do it for that exact reason ;):D  Reason I state it is a pain in the ass to chase down a wayward file.. (not BSA)  I do this now with Mod Organizer so that I can see the files and access them directly. (I do this where applicable, when I am not being lazy)

4 hours ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

I am also trying to figure out why Sexout wants to update when trying to install Sexout Data. If I say yes, it uninstalls Core and just installs Data. I'm sure it's because I'm using NMM and I should say no so it will load Data normally

I am unaware of complaints on this.. However, considering your level of skill. I'd suggest extracting the FMOD and just repack what you need into a folder and create a new mod for your manager to install, that or just drop it into the data folder.

7 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

WHAT!... I don't understand.. you don't do anything with the actual Data folder..You don't have to move anything out of it due to someone not structuring their mod correctly.  There isn't anything in the actual data folder. It is only there while MO is active AND the mod is active in MO.  Just unclick it.. Done!  Its gone. As far as structure not being correct. You can select the files included in the installation process as you install. You can move those files around in the installer if you desire. Once installed you can hide them, delete them move them, etc. No need to reinstall them.  I might be wrong but I don't think you understand Mod Organizer well.

As for the other complaints... Those I can understand. Those are preferences and actually can be turned off You can hide those + and other things by simply removing that line. . The other complaints are harder to address.

The only issue I had.. / have is NMM was discontinued for a time. My concern is it hasn't been fully updated and stable. Elf Prince uses NMM and some others here. They have had issues that aren't present in MO. This is the most current NMM that has been updated. That is my concern.  Elf Prince is an advocate for NMM and a friend here to me. He can testify that I have no problem with NMM or those that use it.  I just so happen to like MO :P

I don't have a problem with that. Only reason I suggested it is you like manual installation. I like manual like installation. NMM and FOMM both are dead simple and easier to use, to start and to get into the game. They are however IMO a bit harder to diagnose issues with a mod when you have a list of mods that a person helping isn't familiar with.

4 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Yes, and if it wasn't packed correctly the author soon knew from his users. .Likely many of them. ;)  Doesn't make that mistake easily again :P

yes, good description of MO and the left side.  Also thanks A. J. I had forgotten about the little issue with BSA and loose files as well.

I usually extract all my files when doing manual installation, not sure if others that do manual does this.. I do it for that exact reason ;):D  Reason I state it is a pain in the ass to chase down a wayward file.. (not BSA)  I do this now with Mod Organizer so that I can see the files and access them directly. (I do this where applicable, when I am not being lazy)

The thing that I like about MO/MO2 is the ability to change the version number. That annoys me on NMM, seeing the diagonal line inside a circle icon and I can't do anything about it. It's either because I got a mod from an off Nexus site, or because the mod version was entered wrong by the mod author.

6 hours ago, A.J. said:

"That's not an issue, but, do I have to use only Type 3, or can I use like a Type 4 or Type 6 "

You could even mix them. Every armor contains a body which will replace yours when you wear it.

Let's say you installed DRESS from TYPE(VERY FAT) and ARMOR from TYPE(VERY SLIM). When you wear the dress, you'll be fat; when you wear the armor, you'll be slim. If you install PROSPECTOR OUTFIT from TYPE (WHATEVER, but BNB), the breast will bounce only when you wear the prospector outfit and will stop when you wear something else which is not BnB.

Of course the best deal would be having all the armors and clothes for the same body type, because it would be more realistic, it's dumb seeing you change your body based by what you wear, but it's just about aesthetic. The only important thing to remember when it comes to compatibility is that every body which is called TYPE(something) shares the same UV map, which means their textures are compatible.

So that's the actual reason for the different Types? The body shape? That makes sense. Before the past week, if I ever modded FO:NV, it would be with Armor or Weapon mods.

4 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I am unaware of complaints on this.. However, considering your level of skill. I'd suggest extracting the FMOD and just repack what you need into a folder and create a new mod for your manager to install, that or just drop it into the data folder.

I have done that before, but as I mentioned above, it drives me nuts to see those icons on NMM. My OCD wants to see it nice and clean, without issues. But I, sometimes, install manually those repacked by me. Most of the time, I am just lazy, I just can't be that way when trying to mod an older game that has a manager newer than the game, like New Vegas.

Archived