Sexout 2019 - What still works

DontBlnkBadWolf

Alright, found an issue. Not with the list but, with one of the body mods. Robert's Male Body. It doesn't have a FOMOD but yet it has several different folders based on choices when it comes to meshes and one choice for Textures. I'll supply Screenshots of the folder structure to help me explain it better.

1. I was having issues with the textures for his Male body, which I knew it had to be a improperly installed texture or mesh file.

20191129035213_1.jpg.3b02cae2ee74819fae2559492d690263.jpg

2. So I needed to investigate. After re-reading the mod description & remembering that I never got a choice on which body type and features I wanted, I looked into the file structure of the mod itself.

3. Opening up the Main Files Folder I found this inside. Which looks normal, if there are no options to a mod, but the page claimed there were choices to make. There is no FOMOD to be seen.

1197525503_RobertsMain.png.cc8eb9479dedb0624930dd543ad0c837.png

4. Opening up the Meshes folder I discovered that all of the choices in the meshes/character/_male folder.

986268376_RobertsMeshesFolderContent.png.99c292fdccb7e2a756cc5092f859cf03.png

5. Opening up the Default folder to show an example here, you will see that there are 4 different meshes to do the same thing.

909883854_Roberts_MaleDefaultFolder.png.d5c52ef43af7d8c49842beecdeb5cc31.png

6. Looking at the Texture folder for Male, it's the same here, only 2 different textures to do the same thing.

1164645705_RobertsTextures.png.4322ec79719924ce5b6bb040db4e6ae0.png

So that means that in order to have a working Male Body mod when using Robert's you have to do the following:

1. Extract the folder from the zip file.

2. Open the Meshes folder.

3. Choose which body shape you want. Default, Marathoner, Muscular or Runner.

4. Choose which Mesh you want from the 4 different NIFs. Cut, Shorts, Thong or Uncut.

5. Go to the Robert's Textures/Characters/Male folder and choose between Uppermalebody(Hairy) or Uppermalebody (this one only has pubic hair).

After making those choices, delete the other files that you didn't choose (this is the better way to do it). Delete the other Body shape folders that you didn't choose. Then either copy those 2 folders and paste them to the Data folder of New Vegas or, 7zip it and install it through your mod manager of choice. If using NMM, one last step before you 7zip the file in order to install it through NMM. You must create a new file called Data in the Roberts New Vegas Main folder, then place the Meshes & Textures folders, with the ESP,  inside of the created Data folder.

When done correctly you should see the following ( I choose Muscular Cut non-hairy Body for Mesh & Texture):

20191129042124_1.jpg.d462fc3aac0ca227ce876c05d51dbec3.jpg

This might need to be added to the guide until the mod structure gets fixed. If it ever does.

2 hours ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

This might need to be added to the guide until the mod structure gets fixed. If it ever does.

There's not a single way to handle these things, it pretty much depends by the modder. Now, one thing is if a mod is packaged inside some randomish MYMOD\SCRIPTS\DATA\WHATEVER, that's what I was meaning when I was referring to "wrongly packaged" :)

But in this case it seems packaged correctly, it just has options to handle, and you can do it in different ways, based by your own possibilities.

- You can make a FOMOD for example, which is surely an elegant way since it's all automatic and the user is prompted with a visual menu and choices to do. Fact is, not everyone can do them, and sometimes mod managers react in different ways based by what you're using.

- You can upload many different separated files, one per option, and this could work fine until you have different combinations textures + meshes. If you have 4 meshes and 2 textures for example, it would mean making 8 different packages.

- You can upload a single package, which it already works on its own with a defaulted body and texture, and then include all the options with a practical readme on how to find them, which is what the author did.

Checking the folder's structure, my assumption is the mod was already working from the begin.

So, back to the guide. I must flee because I have little time so I can be completely wrong, but I saw Robert mentioned only in one of the three links in this thread. That thread mentioning Robert is a list of mods with their relative urls that could be useful for a better experience, I think it relies on the user reading informations about the installations of these. So you know what would be very nice? since you're doing everything from scratch, testing and checking and everything, you could make a 2019 updated guide, now that would be a really nice idea.

41 minutes ago, A.J. said:

There's not a single way to handle these things, it pretty much depends by the modder. Now, one thing is if a mod is packaged inside some randomish MYMOD\SCRIPTS\DATA\WHATEVER, that's what I was meaning when I was referring to "wrongly packaged" :)

But in this case it seems packaged correctly, it just has options to handle, and you can do it in different ways, based by your own possibilities.

- You can make a FOMOD for example, which is surely an elegant way since it's all automatic and the user is prompted with a visual menu and choices to do. Fact is, not everyone can do them, and sometimes mod managers react in different ways based by what you're using.

- You can upload many different separated files, one per option, and this could work fine until you have different combinations textures + meshes. If you have 4 meshes and 2 textures for example, it would mean making 8 different packages.

- You can upload a single package, which it already works on its own with a defaulted body and texture, and then include all the options with a practical readme on how to find them, which is what the author did.

Checking the folder's structure, my assumption is the mod was already working from the begin.

So, back to the guide. I must flee because I have little time so I can be completely wrong, but I saw Robert mentioned only in one of the three links in this thread. That thread mentioning Robert is a list of mods with their relative urls that could be useful for a better experience, I think it relies on the user reading information about the installations of these. So you know what would be very nice? since you're doing everything from scratch, testing and checking and everything, you could make a 2019 updated guide, now that would be a really nice idea.

Well, everything at the beginning is working as expected. But I don't know what to fully expect. The MCM is handling the mods. No missing steps or options that I can tell. Only thing I can't figure out is how to move the camera around while in the act. I know that there is a TFC option, but when doing that, I don't see my PC at all, only the female in what ever position she's in. I'm guessing that if you're in 1st person you can't see yourself if in TFC mode? Does one have the option to go into 3rd person before the act? I haven't tested that out before mentioning it here.

What actually stops you from just doing everything manually? This way you have way more control over everything, and probably will notice faulty packaging and other mistakes as well. It's still a mystery to me why there's such a demand for a MO2 or something like Vortex. Yikes!

Also, there is a nice male hair pack you can find here which adds some variety for male characters:

https://www.gunetwork.org/t7263-fnvmalehairpack

Including the fix for the broken textures:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ncteeyk43zk7ams

To see the character in TFC, you must be in third person and your character must be rendered. This means that if, due to the surroundings, the camera goes too near to your character which will disappear, then you won't see it when you go in TFC, this happens also in Skyrim.

But, when Sexout starts, it pushes you in third person and activates the free cam on its own, so no you're not required to do it on your own. But if this doesn't happen then there could be a problem.

16 hours ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

I have done that before, but as I mentioned above, it drives me nuts to see those icons on NMM. My OCD wants to see it nice and clean, without issues. But I, sometimes, install manually those repacked by me. Most of the time, I am just lazy, I just can't be that way when trying to mod an older game that has a manager newer than the game, like New Vegas.

I wasn't aware that repacking caused issues with NMM. I to have a bit of OCD.. more like preferences. I can ignore many things but do greatly appreciate things being a certain way when possible.

7 hours ago, dongding said:

What actually stops you from just doing everything manually? This way you have way more control over everything, and probably will notice faulty packaging and other mistakes as well. It's still a mystery to me why there's such a demand for a MO2 or something like Vortex. Yikes!

Also, there is a nice male hair pack you can find here which adds some variety for male characters:

https://www.gunetwork.org/t7263-fnvmalehairpack

Including the fix for the broken textures:

https://www.mediafire.com/?ncteeyk43zk7ams

What stops me is the fact that if I need to remove something, because of something going wrong with the mod or things not playing nice with each other, it's hard to remove files when you don't know where exactly all of those files are without opening up the original to take a peek. But sometimes that is inevitable. I get lazy and impatient is the reason most of the time.

7 hours ago, A.J. said:

To see the character in TFC, you must be in third person and your character must be rendered. This means that if, due to the surroundings, the camera goes too near to your character which will disappear, then you won't see it when you go in TFC, this happens also in Skyrim.

But, when Sexout starts, it pushes you in third person and activates the free cam on its own, so no you're not required to do it on your own. But if this doesn't happen then there could be a problem.

Yeah, could be something wrong. The first encounter outside of Goodsprings when helping Sunny clear the Geckos, saved the woman that was being attacked. Got busy with her. camera didn't pan out. But I wasn't in 3rd person then. IDK, maybe I'll just go to 3rd person and wait 'n see what happens. Here's a question though. Should al of the Sexout mods be placed to load 1st, in the middle or loading last?

I was doing some mod testing on a few other mods and it borked my game, it's not something that an earlier save will fix either. So, I have to start all over.

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

I wasn't aware that repacking caused issues with NMM. I to have a bit of OCD.. more like preferences. I can ignore many things but do greatly appreciate things being a certain way when possible.

It doesn't cause issues with NMM, it just doesn't recognize repacked files as a mod from the Nexus. NMM doesn't use something like a Meta file to get it's mod information from. Don't know who it gets it's mod information. I think it might be all of the other numbers that gets attached to an uploaded zip/rar file. And if that is the case, it doesn't recognize the numbers when the mods are from other sites. I made some feature requests on the GitHub site for NMM Community Edition. That wasn't one of the requests, because I wasn't thinking about it then. In order to have the same feature as MO/MO2, they would have to have NMM recognize meta files, then have to tell mod uploaders to put in a meta file before the mod gets packed.

I don't see that happening, Nexus people, i think, was hoping that NMM would die out and everyone go to Vortex or MO/MO2. They were hoping for too much.

I just woke up about an hour ago, and I can't think of anything else. I'm sure there was something, but it escapes me right now.

9 hours ago, dongding said:

MO/MO2 is really for the modders out there who don't like to miss a detail. I first used it when my collection of Skyrim mods were getting to be in the 300s, and NMM used to give me a lot of grief with large sized mods. It lets me install everything manually, but every mod is in it's own folder. My game folder is clean, so that clean saves are easier to get for mod testing and troubleshooting. It also has a lot of convenience features that A.J. already mentioned before. It's a lot easier than reinstalling the game. I've had to do that countless times before I switched managers. I respect anyone's choice in manager, of course. MO isn't the only one out there. However, anyone who is willing to learn should give MO another chance. It can really save you a lot of time.

So I guess MO and Vortex are just really popular with people who have a LOT of mods 

2 hours ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

I was doing some mod testing on a few other mods and it borked my game, it's not something that an earlier save will fix either. So, I have to start all over.

It doesn't cause issues with NMM, it just doesn't recognize repacked files as a mod from the Nexus. NMM doesn't use something like a Meta file to get it's mod information from. Don't know who it gets it's mod information. I think it might be all of the other numbers that gets attached to an uploaded zip/rar file. And if that is the case, it doesn't recognize the numbers when the mods are from other sites. I made some feature requests on the GitHub site for NMM Community Edition. That wasn't one of the requests, because I wasn't thinking about it then. In order to have the same feature as MO/MO2, they would have to have NMM recognize meta files, then have to tell mod uploaders to put in a meta file before the mod gets packed.

I don't see that happening, Nexus people, i think, was hoping that NMM would die out and everyone go to Vortex or MO/MO2. They were hoping for too much.

I just woke up about an hour ago, and I can't think of anything else. I'm sure there was something, but it escapes me right now.

There is a series of numbers at the end of the web address and if you download a mod it also has those numbers if I recall correctly. This is the mods ID if I am correct. I would be interested in seeing if you place that number at the end of the mod after you repack it .. if it will properly recognize it.  In MO you can edit the mod INI file that is created when installing the mod and make it show what you want ... or so I have been led to believe.  |

In MO... If I remember correctly I have been able to make it show as a Proper Nexus download (when not downloaded through Nexus) by editing those last numbers. I am not 100% though since it has been a while since I played around with MO and for that matter any modding in a serious fashion (other than testing ,.)

I hope that suggestion might help you and your NMM issue... Please let me know if it is an assistance. I know of some occasions that this would be desired by others.

Finally since you are an experienced NMM user and a experienced mod user. Would you mind checking in on my friend's thread for NMM ? Elf Prince He isn't as active as he was before and there are some that need help there and not many are using NMM of the level that has experiences you have and abilities you have with modding and the manager.

I am sure there will be people that would appreciate it. It is a dedicated thread for    NMM

19 hours ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

Alright, found an issue. Not with the list but, with one of the body mods. Robert's Male Body. It doesn't have a FOMOD but yet it has several different folders based on choices when it comes to meshes and one choice for Textures. I'll supply Screenshots of the folder structure to help me explain it better.

1. I was having issues with the textures for his Male body, which I knew it had to be a improperly installed texture or mesh file.

20191129035213_1.jpg.3b02cae2ee74819fae2559492d690263.jpg

2. So I needed to investigate. After re-reading the mod description & remembering that I never got a choice on which body type and features I wanted, I looked into the file structure of the mod itself.

3. Opening up the Main Files Folder I found this inside. Which looks normal, if there are no options to a mod, but the page claimed there were choices to make. There is no FOMOD to be seen.

1197525503_RobertsMain.png.cc8eb9479dedb0624930dd543ad0c837.png

4. Opening up the Meshes folder I discovered that all of the choices in the meshes/character/_male folder.

986268376_RobertsMeshesFolderContent.png.99c292fdccb7e2a756cc5092f859cf03.png

5. Opening up the Default folder to show an example here, you will see that there are 4 different meshes to do the same thing.

909883854_Roberts_MaleDefaultFolder.png.d5c52ef43af7d8c49842beecdeb5cc31.png

6. Looking at the Texture folder for Male, it's the same here, only 2 different textures to do the same thing.

1164645705_RobertsTextures.png.4322ec79719924ce5b6bb040db4e6ae0.png

So that means that in order to have a working Male Body mod when using Robert's you have to do the following:

1. Extract the folder from the zip file.

2. Open the Meshes folder.

3. Choose which body shape you want. Default, Marathoner, Muscular or Runner.

4. Choose which Mesh you want from the 4 different NIFs. Cut, Shorts, Thong or Uncut.

5. Go to the Robert's Textures/Characters/Male folder and choose between Uppermalebody(Hairy) or Uppermalebody (this one only has pubic hair).

After making those choices, delete the other files that you didn't choose (this is the better way to do it). Delete the other Body shape folders that you didn't choose. Then either copy those 2 folders and paste them to the Data folder of New Vegas or, 7zip it and install it through your mod manager of choice. If using NMM, one last step before you 7zip the file in order to install it through NMM. You must create a new file called Data in the Roberts New Vegas Main folder, then place the Meshes & Textures folders, with the ESP,  inside of the created Data folder.

When done correctly you should see the following ( I choose Muscular Cut non-hairy Body for Mesh & Texture):

20191129042124_1.jpg.d462fc3aac0ca227ce876c05d51dbec3.jpg

I'd create a post in the tech support section for this.. You have done excellent job and documenting this and letting people know how to use it.  Just copy paste this and give some possible added info if needed. :D 

2 hours ago, Enderella said:

MO/MO2 is really for the modders out there who don't like to miss a detail. I first used it when my collection of Skyrim mods were getting to be in the 300s, and NMM used to give me a lot of grief with large sized mods. It lets me install everything manually, but every mod is in it's own folder. My game folder is clean, so that clean saves are easier to get for mod testing and troubleshooting. It also has a lot of convenience features that A.J. already mentioned before. It's a lot easier than reinstalling the game. I've had to do that countless times before I switched managers. I respect anyone's choice in manager, of course. MO isn't the only one out there. However, anyone who is willing to learn should give MO another chance. It can really save you a lot of time.

So I guess MO and Vortex are just really popular with people who have a LOT of mods 

I have never had problems loading large sized mods with NMM. There are some massive texture files for FO4, like FO4 Seasons-Winter is 845MB, it handled it just fine, putting files & folders in there correct places. There are a lot of misnomers out there about NMM, like the above mention that it can't handle large files, or that it's no longer supported or updated. It's true that it's no longer supported or updated, if you want to talk about from Black Tree Gaming. The Community Edition is alive and doing well, getting updated frequently. There is just nobody out there that can convince me or pay me enough money to try and use MO/MO2 ever again. People that want to use it, use it. People that don't want to use it, then they don't want to use it.

Edit no more than 10 minutes later: I think the misnomers about NMM stem from the early days of NMM. While I have not, or can not claim that I was there in the beginning (because I didn't find Nexus until after I built my current rig in, I want to say, early April 2016.). And even then, I got mods for TW3 first, NMM or any mod manager for that matter, is useless for modding TW3. As has been discussed before. But getting back to my reason for editing this post, as speculation, I think that NMM had bad rap for it's problems with putting mod files in the incorrect locations. If I was a modder back when FONV or even FO3 was released, I could probably say that it's true. But it could have also been a issue with both NMM and the authors as well. I can't speculate on it anymore, because I don't have anymore information or first hand accounts on my own.

--------------Update on what is working so far--------------------

1. SexoutNG is working fine. The issues I'm having with the camera is either not going into 3rd person before, or something else. Either way, it has something to do on my end. Not the mod itself.

2. Sexout Community Resources is working fine for what I have seen from it. It's pulling the clothes from the mods that was required to install without the ESPs.

3. Smaller Talk is working. Even though it is not a requirement, it is needed to help get the party (in my pants) started. Even though I have (don't remember which mod it is) it set up in the MCM that my Male PC straight, Smaller Talk will still initiate Sex start up talk from male NPCs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I will add more in other posts the father I go along. I need to find out which mod actually controls the male straight setting to get a bug report out there. When I did get to Vault 3 that was loaded with Fiends, the Fiend Leader was acting like I was a female saying that I needed to pay with my body in order to get my items back. I think this was a mistake on the part of either Smaller Talk or a different mod that altered that quest line in Vault 3. But I can not confirm that. More will have to be looked into.

That is all I can say so far, me fucking up my save stops me from making the list larger. A mod that is still on the fence on if it works or not is Sexout Spunk. There is only 2 times that I have seen the money shot happen, and only one time that I've seen the sperm actually on an NPCs face. Have done different sex acts to check. Though, to be fair, since I don't have the total camera control, and an invisible male body, I have to put this on the "On the Fence" list.

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

There is a series of numbers at the end of the web address and if you download a mod it also has those numbers if I recall correctly. This is the mods ID if I am correct. I would be interested in seeing if you place that number at the end of the mod after you repack it .. if it will properly recognize it.  In MO you can edit the mod INI file that is created when installing the mod and make it show what you want ... or so I have been led to believe.  |

In MO... If I remember correctly I have been able to make it show as a Proper Nexus download (when not downloaded through Nexus) by editing those last numbers. I am not 100% though since it has been a while since I played around with MO and for that matter any modding in a serious fashion (other than testing ,.)

I hope that suggestion might help you and your NMM issue... Please let me know if it is an assistance. I know of some occasions that this would be desired by others.

Finally since you are an experienced NMM user and a experienced mod user. Would you mind checking in on my friend's thread for NMM ? Elf Prince He isn't as active as he was before and there are some that need help there and not many are using NMM of the level that has experiences you have and abilities you have with modding and the manager.

I am sure there will be people that would appreciate it. It is a dedicated thread for    NMM

You are correct on the numbers being the same. There are other numbers added, not many, but I think they are related to something else other than the mod or mod page. In the past I have left the numbers alone when re-packing or if a mod in manual download only, and NMM still not recognizing it to remove those pesky icons.

Yes, I will take a look on the other page and provide help where I can.

34 minutes ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

Edit no more than 10 minutes later: I think the misnomers about NMM stem from the early days of NMM. While I have not, or can not claim that I was there in the beginning (because I didn't find Nexus until after I built my current rig in, I want to say, early April 2016.). And even then, I got mods for TW3 first, NMM or any mod manager for that matter, is useless for modding TW3. As has been discussed before. But getting back to my reason for editing this post, as speculation, I think that NMM had bad rap for it's problems with putting mod files in the incorrect locations. If I was a modder back when FONV or even FO3 was released, I could probably say that it's true. But it could have also been a issue with both NMM and the authors as well. I can't speculate on it anymore, because I don't have anymore information or first hand accounts on my own.

NMM isn't a bad manager in the slightest. I think there's a limit to how many mods it could manage in the earlier builds, so if you use the same set of mods all the time, It can definitely get the job done well. I'm the type to have different 300+ mod configurations for different playthroughs, so it was a lot to uninstall and reinstall large mods for each different character I wanted to make or for every different questline I wanted to play. I can play at least 7 different versions of the same game that way. That would be overkill for most people. I get what you mean about NMM, though. It IS still a solid mod manager along with FOMM.

1 hour ago, Enderella said:

NMM isn't a bad manager in the slightest. I think there's a limit to how many mods it could manage in the earlier builds, so if you use the same set of mods all the time, It can definitely get the job done well. I'm the type to have different 300+ mod configurations for different playthroughs, so it was a lot to uninstall and reinstall large mods for each different character I wanted to make or for every different questline I wanted to play. I can play at least 7 different versions of the same game that way. That would be overkill for most people. I get what you mean about NMM, though. It IS still a solid mod manager along with FOMM.

I can see where you are coming from. For FO4, at one point I had around 290-295 Total mods installed with 251 Active Plugins. And I have still yet to go to Nuka World. Been waiting for Insane Ivy 5.0, but will have to wait longer for ChicGeek to hopefully return to voice the DLCs for the v5.0. She did about half of them before she ghosted all online places.

16 hours ago, DontBlnkBadWolf said:

You are correct on the numbers being the same. There are other numbers added, not many, but I think they are related to something else other than the mod or mod page. In the past I have left the numbers alone when re-packing or if a mod in manual download only, and NMM still not recognizing it to remove those pesky icons.

Yes, I will take a look on the other page and provide help where I can.

Part if memory serves me correctly is related to the version number of the downloaded mod. Not sure about any others.

Archived