TamagoClub 1.15c / HiyokoClub1.10a stuff ENG

hello guys i wanted to ask do i need the x117 race (mpb i think its the mod) for hiyoko?

It depends, but basically you don't need it. Both version (MBP, non-MBP) can be found, or you can use some other thing called HiyokoGenerator Geneforge which is not MBP-dependent.

• 2 weeks later...

It is. I thought it might have had something to do with it being part of an omod I created with all Hiyoko/Tamago stuff in one so I could more easily remove it if I needed, but I tried different configurations yesterday and still nothing. I even removed the ini all together and it showed the same 15 and 5 rates.

I did however find a workaround or two with the fertility clinic mod in case I don't figure it out.

Apologies if this already awnsered, but if the PC female race is not vannila or MBP(x117), can hiyokoclub still bring out a child out of that? Or do they need to be vannila or MBP?

• 3 months later...

I have a question, what does the line "set a4tc.RunInterval to 60*4" works in the tamago's ini file?

What does it do and what will happen when I change it to a higher or a lower valve?

I change it once to 60*2 but doesn't seem to change anything in the game.

Can someone explain how this line works and how do I change to be having more frequent bodycheck scan on player?

Have you read the ini ? the line above "set a4tc.RunInterval to 60*4"

;Script execution interval [minutes]
; This is the script execution interval per target.
; If you modify this the check frequency will also change which in turn will affect all the probabilities.
; I strongly recommend not to change the default value of 60*4.

On the topic of modifying the ini, I have a question that's been bothering me for some time now.  For whatever reason, edits I make to the ini never seem to have any impact on the game.  Perhaps I missed something somewhere that I needed to change or something.  For example, I wanted to change how long certain stages lasted, but the remained the same in game despite ini edits.  Then I tried it with probabilities and got the same results.  Existing or new characters, it didn't seem to make a difference.  The ini would be edited, but nothing in game seemed to be affected.  It always remained as the default values.  Does anyone know why that might be?  I suspect it'll be something small that I should have found on my own, and I'll want to slap myself for needing to ask about.

On the topic of modifying the ini, I have a question that's been bothering me for some time now.  For whatever reason, edits I make to the ini never seem to have any impact on the game.  Perhaps I missed something somewhere that I needed to change or something.  For example, I wanted to change how long certain stages lasted, but the remained the same in game despite ini edits.  Then I tried it with probabilities and got the same results.  Existing or new characters, it didn't seem to make a difference.  The ini would be edited, but nothing in game seemed to be affected.  It always remained as the default values.  Does anyone know why that might be?  I suspect it'll be something small that I should have found on my own, and I'll want to slap myself for needing to ask about.

You can verify the in-game values by opening a console window and using the "show" command to read any of the values you changed:

show a4tc.FetalPhase10

If your changes didn't take, make sure the .esp is loaded and active, and make sure the .ini is in the Data\ini folder.

• 3 weeks later...

So I tried using the show command to see if anything was being changed in game.  Sadly, it was not, so I used the "set" command to change the values from in game, since editing the ini seemed to be getting me no where.  I have no clue how reliable this fix is, but for now it seems to be doing it.  "Show" command and tamago settings spell both show the altered values.

Unless I'm missing something because I'm really stupid, everything should be about right.  Tamago ini is in the data/ini folder, loverstamagoclub.esp is active, I've double checked my load order, first through BOSS and then touched up with LL's load order instructions, so it probably isn't that.  I guess I'll just run with in game edits through the console for the time being.  Thanks for the help though, because for now this little workaround seems to be doing it.

So I tried using the show command to see if anything was being changed in game.  Sadly, it was not, so I used the "set" command to change the values from in game, since editing the ini seemed to be getting me no where.  I have no clue how reliable this fix is, but for now it seems to be doing it.  "Show" command and tamago settings spell both show the altered values.

Unless I'm missing something because I'm really stupid, everything should be about right.  Tamago ini is in the data/ini folder, loverstamagoclub.esp is active, I've double checked my load order, first through BOSS and then touched up with LL's load order instructions, so it probably isn't that.  I guess I'll just run with in game edits through the console for the time being.  Thanks for the help though, because for now this little workaround seems to be doing it.

The ini is read by the main TamagoClub quest, which may not be running for some reason. Try the following console commands:

GetQuestRunning a4tc

If it comes back 0, try starting it with:

StartQuest a4tc

and see if it then reads the ini.

If GetQuestRunning returns a 1, check to be sure that the path is exactly:

Data\ini\TamagoClub.ini

The ini is read by the main TamagoClub quest, which may not be running for some reason. Try the following console commands:

GetQuestRunning a4tc

StartQuest a4tc

Data\ini\TamagoClub.ini

Command returned a 1, the path is correct.  The thing is, everything else works fine except trying to modify the ini.  Everything in the mod runs, it plays fine with everything else...  It's almost like it's reading from an unmodified duplicate somewhere else, but I can't think of any reason or way it could do that.  It's been an issue I've had for a few years now, since I started using the mods.  I figured it was just a problem that never got worked out, but then I saw other people in the thread talking about how they change things without any issues.  It couldn't be that I'm using a steam install because I originally had it running off disc, and it had the same issue then.  Sadly I'm pretty much out of ideas.  I'll not be upset if you want to put this in the "too troublesome" pile, I get by with it fine, I mostly just want to tweak the gender likelyhoods, on account of the default numbers being 90% chance of offspring being male.  It was getting a bit weird seeing small male children everywhere and nothing else so I figured I'd find a way to change it,  which I seem to be able to with console commands.

@ dirtyforeigner - Which TamagoClub version are you using? I only ask as I don't use one that produces both genders, but the community may have a solution if male % is so high and you would prefer something lower.

Looking over the ini file and determining if it is actually alterable there is the first step. If you can post the lines ini that affects gender we can review it. Next would be to review the intended scripts via CS/E, to make sure the ini is actually being read and settings there used.

Worse case scenario, this is similar to the lack of randomness based on race; offspring always predominately one race. That one has had a number of members try to solve it with no or limited success. That is in fact a flaw of the involved scripts and/or OBSE commands, functions etc.

GetQuestRunning a4tc

StartQuest a4tc

Data\ini\TamagoClub.ini

Command returned a 1, the path is correct.  The thing is, everything else works fine except trying to modify the ini.  Everything in the mod runs, it plays fine with everything else...  It's almost like it's reading from an unmodified duplicate somewhere else, but I can't think of any reason or way it could do that.  It's been an issue I've had for a few years now, since I started using the mods.  I figured it was just a problem that never got worked out, but then I saw other people in the thread talking about how they change things without any issues.  It couldn't be that I'm using a steam install because I originally had it running off disc, and it had the same issue then.  Sadly I'm pretty much out of ideas.  I'll not be upset if you want to put this in the "too troublesome" pile, I get by with it fine, I mostly just want to tweak the gender likelyhoods, on account of the default numbers being 90% chance of offspring being male.  It was getting a bit weird seeing small male children everywhere and nothing else so I figured I'd find a way to change it,  which I seem to be able to with console commands.

Is your ini in UTF8 or ANSI format ? (can be seen or changed with Notepad++)

If it's UTF8, changes in the ini will be ignored.

Is your ini in UTF8 or ANSI format ? (can be seen or changed with Notepad++)

If it's UTF8, changes in the ini will be ignored.

I'll be damned, it worked like a charm.  I have no idea why it would be in the wrong format, but I guess that's kind of moot now.  Thank you, everyone, for putting up with this silliness.

I have no idea why it would be in the wrong format, but I guess that's kind of moot now.

Sometimes, with certain text editors it will default to UTF8 instead of ANSI. Keep it in mind if you ever edit any other text type files for Oblivion.

I'm glad rghost caught that - I wasn't aware of it either. The Notepad++ default is UTF8. Which is probably something we should watch out for.

The ini in

TamagoClub 1.15c eng fixed full package 2
7z.png  TamagoClub115c_eng_TranslationRev2.7z   93.93KB   10939 downloads

from first post is not ANSI. That's the problem.

My version on post #17 is ANSI, just checked it.

For new people:

check post #7 and #17. Most bugfixes are not in the version in the first post.

Post #665 has another update by mem4ob4, which needs HiyokoClub from post #17.

TamagoClub v1.15c Rev 4 alpha 1 is now on post #17,  too.

I have no idea why it would be in the wrong format, but I guess that's kind of moot now.

Sometimes, with certain text editors it will default to UTF8 instead of ANSI. Keep it in mind if you ever edit any other text type files for Oblivion.

I'm glad rghost caught that - I wasn't aware of it either. The Notepad++ default is UTF8. Which is probably something we should watch out for.

In Notepad++ you can set the default to ANSI with Settings | Preferences... | New Document and select ANSI under Encoding

post-18672-0-21585800-1453232928_thumb.jpg

Regular plain vanilla Windows Notepad does by default save as ANSI, BUT that may be different for localizations that are set for something other than Windows US English and/or WinXP, Vista, 7 , 8 or 10.

Side Note

I recall reading how Microsoft really screwed the pooch on encoding when they went from Vista to Win7. All I know is I can no longer easily do translations as I did in XP and Vista. Not sure if that is still true in 8 or 10 since I have no desire to upgrade to them.

The ini in

TamagoClub 1.15c eng fixed full package 2

7z.png  TamagoClub115c_eng_TranslationRev2.7z   93.93KB   10939 downloads

from first post is not ANSI. That's the problem.

My version on post #17 is ANSI, just checked it.

For new people:

check post #7 and #17. Most bugfixes are not in the version in the first post.

Post #665 has another update by mem4ob4, which needs HiyokoClub from post #17.

TamagoClub v1.15c Rev 4 alpha 1 is now on post #17,  too.

I'm thinking maybe we should ping movomo to make some minor edits to that first post, and point new users to the DLs in post#7 and #17 and disable or archive those that are now obsolete. I'll do that now...