Game keeps crashing & build mode tool doesn't work

KerrineR

1 hour ago, KerrineR said:

I bought University a couple days ago & spent most of the day figuring out which mods were outdated/broken. Once I got it sorted, any time I'm in build mode it goes right back to live mode. I can't use it at all to replace a lot & the game starts to crash whenever I load a Sim household. Please help! Thanks!

lastCrash.txt 41.78 kB · 1 download lastException.txt 1.08 kB · 0 downloads

The last exception mentions the Sims4CommunityLibrary by ColonolNutty. Is that mod updated? Are any mods that you use reliant on that mod? They might need updated.

Try looking for those updates. If that doesn't work, try removing that service and see what happens.

18 hours ago, BillyPilgrim said:

The last exception mentions the Sims4CommunityLibrary by ColonolNutty. Is that mod updated? Are any mods that you use reliant on that mod? They might need updated.

Try looking for those updates. If that doesn't work, try removing that service and see what happens.

Yeah I downloaded the most recent one yesterday.

Edit: just removed Kinky Whims & the game still crashed

lastException.txt lastCrash.txt

Remove the Sims4CommunityLibrary tool and try to load the game without it.

Also, check for any custom careers and custom traits. Some may need updated. I believe those associated with Wicked Whims and Nisa's Wicked Perversions have been updated, but other random traits may not be updated. They need to be after the latest patch.

4 hours ago, BillyPilgrim said:

Also, check for any custom careers and custom traits. Some may need updated. I believe those associated with Wicked Whims and Nisa's Wicked Perversions have been updated, but other random traits may not be updated. They need to be after the latest patch.

What is Sims 4 Community Library? I've never seen or heard of it before. 

18 hours ago, KerrineR said:

What is Sims 4 Community Library? I've never seen or heard of it before. 

It links to here - https://github.com/ColonolNutty/Sims4CommunityLibrary

It's a tool by ColonolNutty.

If you have Outfit Customization

Or if you have Custom Gender Settings

Then the Sims4CommunityLibrary is required.

So since the error specifically references it, you either need to have it and don't or it's not working properly and needs to be updated or removed. 

1 hour ago, BillyPilgrim said:

It links to here - https://github.com/ColonolNutty/Sims4CommunityLibrary

It's a tool by ColonolNutty.

If you have Outfit Customization

Or if you have Custom Gender Settings

Then the Sims4CommunityLibrary is required.

So since the error specifically references it, you either need to have it and don't or it's not working properly and needs to be updated or removed. 

Yeah I never downloaded that. So that probably explains it

On 11/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, BillyPilgrim said:

S4CL is by far the least likely mod to EVER fail. It will ALWAYS be the fault of another mod. This is because it has been and will always be thoroughly tested and meant as a python library for many mods to extend from. If it did happen to fail, it would be absolutely catastrophic I can assure you!

1 hour ago, KerrineR said:

Yeah I never downloaded that. So that probably explains it

Well, there you go. Make sure you download it if you're using Custom Gender Settings or Outfit Customization.  

Also, it's a good rule of thumb to triple check requirements when you add other mods to your game. There are a number of mods that require additional tools. 

Archived