Origin /sims 3 code 9 error Solution

Haraldh

Just wanted to share a solution with everyone because i could not update sims 3  for 2 days now and finaly found a solution for me   with code 9 error when trying to update first i deleted my origin cache  exept local contend folder you can google that but keep all  the files in trash bin  for now  i also deleted my whole origin folder and again keep it in trash bin so you can use it again if it dont work  now you need the new installer file run it as admin and in compatible mode if you have win 7 ect  i also disabled wind defender in task manager for installation  and it worked. If you can login and play you can delete the files in trashbin  if not rename any new files and restore whats in the bin.

This is why I use all disks when possible.

I recommend creating a 'temp' folder instead of using the recycle bin. I tend to do this and make archives to place within the default directory. If everything is fine over the next few months, I'll likely remove them, or, just leave it for the next time - rinse repeat.....

Archived