SoS Crashing Alternate Start - LAL on Bed Use

vanusk

Hi. So, to sum up my issue as the title states, I'm crashing when I try to sleep on the bed to begin the game from Alternate Start - Live Another Life. I've combed through my mod order, and have narrowed the crash down to SoS. It's not playing nicely with... Something. I don't know. I've read online there are problems with Skeletons and this bed... But I don't know how to fix this. If I disable SoS, everything works. Otherwise, crash.

Any help would be appreciated.

21 minutes ago, vanusk said:

I've read online there are problems with Skeletons and this bed... But I don't know how to fix this.

Okay, so let's start with the skellie.

Which skellie are you using? Assuming you are running LE then the skellie should be this one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68000

Let it overwrite anything it asks and when done FNIS should show 126 bones for male and female. Earlier versions (prior to v4.6? should show 115 bones). You will also need the 'skeleton arm fix patch' box ticked.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Okay, so let's start with the skellie.

Which skellie are you using? Assuming you are running LE then the skellie should be this one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68000

Let it overwrite anything it asks and when done FNIS should show 126 bones for male and female. Earlier versions (prior to v4.6? should show 115 bones). You will also need the 'skeleton arm fix patch' box ticked.

I'm running XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended on SSE, and it's lower in my order than SoS in Mod Organizer 2. I ran FNIS previously and it didn't help, and here's the log from it.

FNIS Behavior V7.5.1   11/15/2019 5:57:06 PM
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.80.0 - E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: Unknown (156 bones)   male: Unknown (156 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"  

Reading FNISBase V7.5.1 ... 
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.0 ... 
Reading XPMSE V7.2 ... 

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Alternate Animation mods: 1 sets: 16 total groups: 30 added file slots: 170 alternate files: 164

Create Creature Behaviors ...

164 animations for 3 mods successfully included (character)

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Reinstall the skeleton, choose the correct options and let it overwrite everything.

If that doesn't work then post your problem in SE tech support.

Just leave the skeletons as they are.

I have updated to FNIS 7.5.1 BECAUSE of the new XPMSE, but a few days later XPMSE was changed again, and has a new length again. And comparing file length is the only way I have for SSE. I have asked the new XPMSSE guy to keep the the file length constant if possible at all, and he looks what he can do. Until I know if XPMSSE or FNIS needs to be updated you will have to live with this uncertainty.

From the FNIS (skeleton fix) point of view the 156 bones don't hurt, it's only a little performance impact when you need HDT, and not TBBP.

Pleas spread the information.

15 minutes ago, fore said:

Just leave the skeletons as they are.

I have updated to FNIS 7.5.1 BECAUSE of the new XPMSE, but a few days later XPMSE was changed again, and has a new length again. And comparing file length is the only way I have for SSE. I have asked the new XPMSSE guy to keep the the file length constant if possible at all, and he looks what he can do. Until I know if XPMSSE or FNIS needs to be updated you will have to live with this uncertainty.

From the FNIS (skeleton fix) point of view the 156 bones don't hurt, it's only a little performance impact when you need HDT, and not TBBP.

Pleas spread the information.

Thanks for the info and I'll try to pass it on.

I've asked Baka/FactoryClosed here and on Nexus to let people know the bone count has changed. He keeps flip-flopping between XPMSE, ABC and this new body of his.

2 hours ago, vanusk said:

So I'll have to wait until a FNIS update to avoid crashes?

Or look elsewhere for the source of the problem.

The next suspect would be SOS. So double-check you have the SE version and if you do then try reinstalling it.

You really would be better off looking and asking in the SE section.

7 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Or look elsewhere for the source of the problem.

The next suspect would be SOS. So double-check you have the SE version and if you do then try reinstalling it.

You really would be better off looking and asking in the SE section.

Well, I already know it's SOS, I may have misinterpreted the responses when I thought everyone was saying stuff about FNIS. I thought maybe FNIS would... I dunno help fix the problem. If I disable SoS and its addons there's no crash.

Edit: I realize now what you mean and sorry for posting in the wrong place. I'll slide over there.

1 hour ago, vanusk said:

Well, I already know it's SOS, I may have misinterpreted the responses when I thought everyone was saying stuff about FNIS. I thought maybe FNIS would... I dunno help fix the problem. If I disable SoS and its addons there's no crash.

Edit: I realize now what you mean and sorry for posting in the wrong place. I'll slide over there.

Good luck.

Archived