Creationkit: Strange textures when I edit NPC faces

worik

Under certain circumstances (<= which I do not understand, yet)  I get these strange striped textures on my actors.

They get carried over to the game itself.

How I got them (unintended): I tried to edit some of the face tint layers, when I got them.

And strangely it appears that I can't undo them. The only chance to get rid of them was to change the race from Breton to something else and back to where I started.

Can anybody tell me what's behind this strange "feature" :classic_huh: ?

CK70.jpg.a4cc53410432901dfde55a7ec735c6e4.jpg

47 minutes ago, worik said:

Under certain circumstances (<= which I do not understand, yet)  I get these strange striped textures on my actors.

They get carried over to the game itself.

How I got them (unintended): I tried to edit some of the face tint layers, when I got them.

And strangely it appears that I can't undo them. The only chance to get rid of them was to change the race from Breton to something else and back to where I started.

Can anybody tell me what's behind this strange "feature" :classic_huh: ?

CK70.jpg.a4cc53410432901dfde55a7ec735c6e4.jpg

Probably the same thing I did here:

Follow the excellent suggestion given by Grey Cloud. Just remember that you have to go back and forth EVERY TIME.

9 minutes ago, worik said:

? I didn't start with racemenu, but the symptoms look similar. Thank you, at least I have an idea where to start looking :classic_happy:

I don't think that it matters. It's the esp which has the tintmask info and whatever is in the tintmask folder at the default location will get used.

There is also a 'colour average' option in the drop-down in your CK image (Face Tinting Colour - Preset). There are vids on the net about that but it never worked for me.

You can't really see much so just FYI

No tintmask folder present

297303319_NoTintmask.thumb.jpg.e9124a3f58ac10979a372ffbed80872f.jpg

Tintmask present.

Tintmask.thumb.jpg.f646ac8fa3fe31f31a64d1d93c22e613.jpg

Basically looks like she's been crying without the tintmask. I would guess that the tintmasks here are from FSC.

Archived