How to retex wigs?

Tami535

Hello,

I would like to ask if is it possible to retexture a wig? I tried to do it alone, but there were no transparent parts when I was done. In fact, it was my frist time I tried retexturing, so it wasnt really awesome. I wanted to retex SleepyD wigs to ginger-brown color.

Can someone help me? Thanks :)

Hello' date='

I would like to ask if is it possible to retexture a wig? I tried to do it alone, but there were no transparent parts when I was done. In fact, it was my frist time I tried retexturing, so it wasnt really awesome. I wanted to retex SleepyD wigs to ginger-brown color.

[/quote']

Alpha channel controls transparency, and you need to set right treshhold in nif. But dunno how you went that far, if you wanted to retex it, just mount it in photoshop and change the color, it shouldn't mess up anything. Weeeeiiird! *Grin*

Hello' date='

[/quote']

The big question is what exactly did you do when you attempted to retexture the wig?

As Stout mentioned, simply swapping out one dds for a nearly identical dds with a different color shouldn't cause any problems.

Unless you're trying to put some stripe or something to your wig, there shouldn't be any difficult part for retexturing wigs than retexturing any other things.

Generally DXT5 interpolated alpha & 2D texture & mipmap setting should be ok to a hair's color map.

Archived