Hi, I have some troubles with this mod. I set the fuck cooldown to lowest 60 but it doesn't start any scene. Do the actors have to see each other befor beeing chosen? I'm creeping through a supermutant house with my female player but nothing ever happens.

It worked outside near the BOSpolice station. But why does the mod always choose the same NPCs? It's always the same ghoul and a scribe. 5 times in a row.

• 3 months later...

Excellent mod, simple, hardcore! Although I do like and respect many other AAF mods, many of them kinda break the immersion with the silent (and sometimes awkward) dialog. Many also give too much choice. I would imagine in the wastelands there's hardly any discussion and shit just happens whether you like it or not. It adds a level of anxiety to the game.

If I may, can I make a few recommendations (if you haven't already planned them)? Not expecting anything, but if you like them, cool:

• Ragdoll immediately instead of starting off the AAF scene with her in a prisoner position, (or go into the 'Essential' recovery sitting position) as if she's been darted.
  • Fade to black and skip the walking phase (like she's drifting out of consciousness) and start the scene.
  • Place the scene out of sight of others (especially near a settlement). (I can help place rugs throughout the map if that helps)
  • Maybe an option to not have it happen in a settlement (or not within x meters of y number of guards)
  • multiple assailants.
  • time passes when she wakes up and the assailants are gone.

Again, not expecting anything, I'm sure it's a stupid amount of work. I've been considering getting into modding myself but I can see from the documentation aloe that I have a LOT to learn!!

Love the mod either way. Cheers

48 minutes ago, erogenesis said:

If I may, can I make a few recommendations (if you haven't already planned them)? Not expecting anything, but if you like them, cool:

Good suggestions, however I'm afraid I am no longer active in the FO4 mod scene for now. I haven't fired up FO4 in a few months and I am not even sure basic stuff works anymore in my install. Burnout, I suppose, I just can't handle re-loading the same savegame dozens of times just to test stuff - after 5 years or so, enough is enough.

For now I am trying my hand modding Skyrim - which is its own specific kind of nightmare, shit that used to just work in FO4 is limited or random at best in SK, but at least it's something new to me and it has some elements FO4 lacks. 

By all means, anyone who wants to, feel free to patch this mod, or follow up.

3 hours ago, SAC said:

Burnout, I suppose, I just can't handle re-loading the same savegame dozens of times just to test stuff - after 5 years or so, enough is enough.

lol I totally get you. With lots of developer experience myself (and my GF working as a QA for a AAA gaming studio) I know all too well what such incessant repetitiveness does to a human brain.

That said I might do some low-level tweaking to your mod for myself at first, and if I can get anywhere, who knows I might upload something.

But there's a lot to learn. I suppose this is a good place to start?:

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/Home

Thanks for replying though!

edit: I just put the esp through fo4edit and changed the kneel animation to EssentialDown.hkx and it worked lol. I doubt the rest is as easy though...

edit2: Just modified the script to skip the walking and ran it through the compiler... and that works too. Maybe not as hard as I anticipated! ?

12 hours ago, erogenesis said:

edit: I just put the esp through fo4edit and changed the kneel animation to EssentialDown.hkx and it worked lol. I doubt the rest is as easy though...

edit2: Just modified the script to skip the walking and ran it through the compiler... and that works too. Maybe not as hard as I anticipated! ?

Ok, I'll try to help, I can provide you with information and suggestions. Below some information, quoting from memory (last I've opened the mod is 1y+ ago, so I might be inexact or unspecific, but the principles are sound):

1. I suggest to not mod my esp straight up, but rather create a patch requiring the main mod

Reason: if I ever change the original esp, your modded copy will not be able to incorporate the changes, whereas if you make an incremental patch, acommodating source changes should be a lot easier

How to:

1. load my esp into FO4Edit

2. edit the header to flag it as an esm, do not change the file extension, leave it esp => reason: this will enable patching in CK later on

3. copy any object as an override into a new esp (sac_jf_patch.esp), it will ask to declare the original as a master => ok

4. you can remove the copied object after the master relationship is declared, or just leave it alone

5. save and close FO4Edit

Any subsequent changes, you make in the patch (copy objects as overrides as needed), not in the original. If opening in CK, click your patch, set it as active, if the master relationship is correct it will load the original + patch and save all changes in the patch

2. Fade to black function documentation: https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=FadeOutGame_-_Game

3. Option to not run in settlements

There are ways (functions) to detect if you are in a settlement, a possible example can be found here, google or ask around for workshopparentscript-related conditions

To be more elegant, tie this option into a global variable exposed to the user through MCM, to make the probability of the scene triggering into settlements configurable by the user:

- create the global in FO4Edit or CK, make sure you do not make it const

- follow up by adding something like this into the script:

globalvariable property sac_jf_probability_of_settlement_sex_glob auto

[...]

oneffectstart...

[...] ; place this towards the start of my script, its purpose is to abort the scene if in settlement and probability failed the user threshold

if sac_jf_probability_of_settlement_sex_glob.getvalue() as int > utility.randomint(1, 100) && <player is in settlement condition from point 3> ; abort scene

debug.notification("Player is in settlement and dice roll failed")

return ; this aborts any code

endif 

[...] 

4. Using pre-placed markers

Personally, I would not do this as I think it's a pain to populate the map, but it's your choice / time / energy

Step 1: define a new keyword, sac_jf_sex_location_marker_kw

Step 2: choose your marker of choice (rug or whatever), copy it as a new record into the mod

Step 3: attach the keyword to the marker in FO4edit / CK

Result: you have a proprietary object which designates sex location. Start placing it in-game in your chosen locations.

Now you need to use it in the quest / script

There is a quest which populates aliases for the two males and the backup female. Add another alias (sac_jf_sex_location_alias), make sure you make it optional otherwise the quest will break entirely whenever there is no marker around, set it to "loaded location", add condition HasKeyword sac_jf_sex_location_marker_kw == 1

This will fill whenever the timer kicks in, along with the actor aliases; because it is optional, nothing breaks if there is no marker around

In the script: there is a section which moves the actors to a location already. You can do something like this

referencealias property sac_jf_sex_location_alias auto

[...]

oneffectstart()

[...]

if sac_jf_sex_location_alias.getreference() == none ; no rug around

[do original scene placement code]

else ; found a rug, placing actors at the rug instead of my original placement logic

[actors.movetoref / pathtoref / setposition...(sac_jf_sex_location_alias.getreference())]

endif 

[...]

[do sex]

5. More actors

As the mod is built currently, I have not set up any race consistency criteria when filling aliases (because I did not know how to do sequential alias filling at the time, I think I have a clue now), which leads to purely random selection of male actors. If the males are mixed race, there will be no animation found. This will exacerbate if you add more actors, unless you set up some sort of race consistency criteria.

Step 1 would be for you (or me) figuring out how to fix the original mod, adding race consistency enforcement

Step 2 would be to define more aliases (1 per male actor) and pass them to AAF - this is not a big deal, it's about populating an array in the script, passing it to AAF is already built in the mod

If you actually want to get started on this, we can follow up via PM as to not clutter the support page. I am willing to help as long as you don't ask me to go in the game and do / test stuff :) 

18 minutes ago, SAC said:

Ok, I'll try to help. Below some information, quoting from memory (last I've opened the mod is 1y+ ago, so I might be inexact or unspecific, but the principles are sound):

Holy crap! Wasn't expecting that. It looks like a tremendously helpful post. Thanks dude.

I will sink my teeth into this asap (probably weekend) and yeah don't worry, if I get anywhere, I won't drag you back into it lol. Also from me, I'm a super busy comic artist, I've had my fair share of endless spirit-murdering endeavors and have since chosen to keep things fun and free... but I sometimes pitch in with community projects like this.

I use this as a platform for experimentation mostly, seeing how far I am prepared to go, morally, etc. But if I can get a mod (or addon) out of this, well cool.

If there's anything I'll PM you. Thanks once again.

28 minutes ago, erogenesis said:

If there's anything I'll PM you. Thanks once again.

You are welcome, don't be shy to ask anything, I am happy to share information, especially since there's a lot of stuff I had to learn the hard way (trial and error) and I wouldn't want anyone else to reinvent (sometimes unintuitive) solutions.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice mod, indeed, but I don't understand why you made ppl come to fuck near player, I was attacking Gunner Plaza and a minuteman and a gunner spawned near me for fucking there. Why don't they stay at their place?

And another thing, I saw that it doesn't work with companions, is normal?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this is the musician when do you work? He tells me forever ... This is not JF compatible ... 

If most promotions are not appropriate ...
* Then what is there to please you JF ?!

419080596_Fallout42021-05-0618-34-58-84.jpg.df4c917317af9b4a7ece93a477e4e063.jpg

----------------

Ez a zenész, mikor dolgozik? Nekem örökké azt mondja... Ez, nem JF kompatibilis... 

Ha a legtöbb akció nem megfelelő... Akkor mi az ami a kedvére van?!

Fuck ... Oh ... man. Nothing can be done if this add-on is installed.

... hah ... he set off ... but really. I just had to complain a little.

The problem is that every 5 minutes of play, the game gets stuck for a fucking movie. So it's not really suitable for gaming ... For movies ... yes.

Rag doll end ... 50% gamer depreciation ...

* I think you have a compatibility issue with the RSE add-on.

-----------------

Franc... Ó... ember. Semmi nem csinálható hogyha ez a kiegészítés telepített. 

...hah... elindult... de nagyon. Csak egy kicsit panaszkodni kellett. 

A probléma, hogy 5 játékpercenként megakad a játék egy baszós mozihoz. Szóval a játékhoz nem igazán alkalmas... Mozihoz... igen.

Rongybaba vég... 50% (30-70%) játékos amortizáció... 

Rongybaba... 3 kör és baleseti elhalálozás miatt vége a játéknak. 

Azt írja... valaki látta, hogy szex... De az egész környéken senki nincs. Mégis... hogy látta bárki?

* Azt gondolom, kompatibilitási gondja van az RSE kiegészítővel. Kemény zavarokat produkál. (nálam)

Azt már tudom, hogy csak a saját indítás adja JF dübörgést. Más nem és ... minden másra a feledés fátyla kerül...

Persze nálam a szex igény panaszok a feliratban még mutatkoznak.

Szóval ez a kiegészítés törölhető... mivel az egymás utáni mozi megöli a játékot.

1200019500_Fallout42021-05-0719-12-32-43.jpg.53c5762edb33b6adf669d18e263ca01c.jpg625561660_Fallout42021-05-0719-07-28-63.jpg.17ae4a1aa8cb7ab27c0bcbb561add30c.jpg

Nagyjából 25 lépéssel később szinte lefagyott a játék. Legalább is a baba. A fényképező pedig futott... (tfc) stílusban. Aztán 5mp és indult a futam...

Tettem egy kört. Nagyjából fél óra. Először csak 3x állt meg. Aztán a második körben 7x és a végső ponton feladta.

Volt amikor bejelentkezett: "térdre ribanc" és sokszor nem volt megelőző értesítés ám ez is csak egy rövidke pillanat.... amire vagy figyelsz vagy nem.

Amikor MCM... azonnal feladja... Néhány indítás után szerencsére sikerült a rongyolást átállítani. 

Tényleges mozi lett... GyV-be már be sem mentem. Toronytól-toronyig 2x fogott meg. Aztán a kapuba kilépett...

Próbáltam új játékot kezdeni az  alternatív indításokkal... de csak fekete képernyő. Rendes indítás... fekete képernyő. Úgy tűnik mindent törölni vagy legalább  kikapcsolni szükséges... huhh... Egy nagy rakás beállítást kellene végezni ezen. Egy csomó korlátozással. Hogyha valaki mozit akar csinál... annak teljesen megfelelő!

JF v.0.2-Alfa

• 3 weeks later...

I've just recently gotten all my Fallout Mods to work, only to see that this mod, does not like any character model that isn't in the animation pack for AAF, which is a Selachii from its respective mod, so is there a way to just let the mod treat my player model as just a human female model, I can deal with clipping and incorrect fit, but I have no idea how to make it work. Thanks

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
8 hours ago, siliseric said:

Anyone know what the console command would be to trigger the ResetJF command?  I know you can select it in the MCM menu, but i want to add it to a hotkey, which requires knowing how to activate it through console.

I don't know offhand, but I can tell you how to figure it out.  Open the MCM config.json file and find the lines for the button that triggers what you want.  The line that says "Function" shows the function name being called by the button.  "Form" gives you the FormID of the quest its script is attached to.

To call a script function via console you use CallQuestFunction.  Its format is:

Spoiler

CQF QuestName FunctionName Parameters

FunctionName you should know from the config file above.   QuestName is the EditorID of the quest to which that script is attached.  You can check this info in CK or xEdit by looking up the quest's FormID.  Parameters can be blank if there are none (likely true in this case).

35 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

I don't know offhand, but I can tell you how to figure it out.  Open the MCM config.json file and find the lines for the button that triggers what you want.  The line that says "Function" shows the function name being called by the button.  "Form" gives you the FormID of the quest its script is attached to.

To call a script function via console you use CallQuestFunction.  Its format is:

Hide contents

CQF QuestName FunctionName Parameters

FunctionName you should know from the config file above.   QuestName is the EditorID of the quest to which that script is attached.  You can check this info in CK or xEdit by looking up the quest's FormID.  Parameters can be blank if there are none (likely true in this case).

That worked perfectly, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much! :)

• 4 months later...