help me

Hi, I have always taken the mods from this site and updated hand in hand with the release of the expansions, my mods are many, but I have never had problems, since the last update of WickedWhims the game has slowed down, the sims will block and the schedule is busted, this could have happened because I do not have the official expansion of the magic and I have updated anyway .I don't know how to solve, I tried to lighten up the mod folder, to cancel the saves but nothing ... do you help me?

What other mods do you have installed besides those you mentioned above?

Certain Mods can cause severe lag. 

You might also have too many mods for your computer to handle.

Although sims do tend to be a bit slow at some things like eating for example.

Did you try deleting your localthumbcache.package file in your TS4 folder?

What are the mods that slow down the game? Certainly over time I have downloaded many, but these problems I have encountered only by the latest updates. Sometimes the sims take so long even just to take a shower or eat that they can't do anything else, they often skip work ... the localthumbcache.pack file should I delete it every time? thanks

15 hours ago, Mariacosa said:

What are the mods that slow down the game? Certainly over time I have downloaded many, but these problems I have encountered only by the latest updates. Sometimes the sims take so long even just to take a shower or eat that they can't do anything else, they often skip work ... the localthumbcache.pack file should I delete it every time? thanks

Yes you should delete the localthumbcache file every time you add, remove, or update anything, both mods & game.

The mods most likely to cause lag are the script mods like WW, MCCC, Basemental Drugs, Nisa's WP, WW Kinky, etc.

AEP, Slice of Life, and a few others I don't even know about.

(Those are mods that include/use a .ts4script file extension).

Older mods that add Lot Traits or Sim Traits, and Weather Mods if you have Seasons EP.

(Depends a lot on your computer specs too as the older ones will struggle more with those types of mods).

(Any of the HD mods will also add more lag on them).

Usually the package files are OK, like hairs, makeup, nails, etc. 

Archived