Wrye Bash 2.95 vs 3.03?

Passerby

So I just recently seem to have hit the hard cap on mods...took longer than I expected. Figure I'll try to slim some of them down with gecko, but also think it's about time I finally started using Wrye Bash.

That being said, has anyone tried bash v3.03 yet? Everything I hear about it seems to say mods are handled very slowly, and it's still kind of buggy.

But is there anything about 2.95 that wouldn't be compatible with newer additions (OBSE 20, for example)? Or is wrye bash even going to help with the capping issue?

So I just recently seem to have hit the hard cap on mods...took longer than I expected. Figure I'll try to slim some of them down with gecko' date=' but also think it's about time I finally started using Wrye Bash.

That being said, has anyone tried bash v3.03 yet? Everything I hear about it seems to say mods are handled very slowly, and it's still kind of buggy.

But is there anything about 2.95 that wouldn't be compatible with newer additions (OBSE 20, for example)? Or is wrye bash even going to help with the capping issue?

[/quote']

If you are using it for Oblivion, stick to 2.95. The interface lag is truly horrifying on the newer versions, and the newer bash patches can cause some fairly minor, but nevertheless annoying, problems that have to be fixed in tes4edit.

2.95 works very well. OBSE 20 is not new and it does work just fine with 2.95

There are no features in 3.03 that I have heard of that would make you choose it over 2.95

As to your capping issue - there is a hard cap that you can't get around no matter even if you stand on your head. You can't have more than 256 esm, esp and bsa files in your data folder. You can (and should) combine armor\clothing\weapon mods to aid in reducing your overall plugin count.

Wrye Bash does not have enough of the decoded records to make a Bash Patch the way it does for Oblivion. If you want to merge plugins you can use the latest dev-version of TESVSnip. It still needs a lot of work but if you were to merge Armor and weapon mods, those should work just fine. I would defiantly not merge WRLD, CELL and DIAL, NAVM or anything complex.

When you are done, make sure the FormIDs are correct. Snip does not manage them correctly at the moment. That will be fixed once the current volunteers have had time to make more updates.

Archived