I'm not programmer and I'm not sure if anyone seen this priceless gem but wanted to make sure people are aware of it. ESL Files are now usable in Skyrim VR with this!!! I am wondering how this will affect mods like sexlab, osa, ostim etc and will it make way for more portability. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/106712?tab=posts 

Edited by Rendflesh
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kitsunetsuki said:

Oops, nope, back to spinning. Ack!

The reason why no one is answering is because you give so few details that it's impossible to tell what's wrong. Like, for instance, in what mod the spinning occurs. Try and give as detailed a description of what you are doing, and what steps you took, following the guide. What mods are installed, load order, etc.

16 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

The reason why no one is answering is because you give so few details that it's impossible to tell what's wrong. Like, for instance, in what mod the spinning occurs. Try and give as detailed a description of what you are doing, and what steps you took, following the guide. What mods are installed, load order, etc.

I stated in my first message that i followed the installation guide. I'm using zaz and the patch, m2m and billy's animations.

i want to install the mod sexlag SE for my skyrim VR (steam)

for the moment i have install

• unofficial skyrim special edition patch
  •  
  •  skevr 2.00.12z
  •  
  • sk UIz

what are the mods and patch to install now ?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, petsey said:

yeah, I'm having the same issue

Would you still recommend it? Is it worth an update. I downloaded mine but still haven't gotten around to try it. What about animations, poses and furniture? Do they behave better/worse/the same?

3 hours ago, Laakeri said:

VRIK got updated and 0.8.2 seems to break SL VR patch gesture controls.

3 hours ago, petsey said:

yeah, I'm having the same issue

Can you guys give details on what doesn't work? Only thing gesture related that was changed is blocking cast/equip gestures in menu mode, which was already a non-optional fix in Arctal's VRIK Tweaks for 2 years. And it shouldn't affect anything else. 

So I need details and specifics on what worked before and doesn't now.

Just re-import settings under re-build & clean, seems to fix.

Edit: it now seems to be working for saves prior to re-importing, so it may have been starting a new save that fixed it across all saves.

Edit2: It's even weirder than that, it will only work when I bind a gesture to the right controller, doesn't seem to matter what or where.

Edited by petsey

On 1/24/2024 at 2:15 PM, petsey said:

Just re-import settings under re-build & clean, seems to fix.

Edit: it now seems to be working for saves prior to re-importing, so it may have been starting a new save that fixed it across all saves.

Edit2: It's even weirder than that, it will only work when I bind a gesture to the right controller, doesn't seem to matter what or where.

The thing about Sexlab's VRIK gestures only working if "normal" gestures are assigned within VRIK itself has been around for ages. It is not related to the new version of VRIK really. VRIK also saves all settings (including gesture configuration) to an .ini file that persists across save, but will be reset when the mod is reinstalled. This is why after assigning gesture(s) even old saves start working properly as well (since the .ini file updated).

Edited by Mephisto2
Corrected/clarified phrasing
2 hours ago, Mephisto2 said:

The thing about Sexlab's VRIK gestures only working if "normal" gestures are assigned within VRIK itself has been around for ages. It is not related to the new version of VRIK really. VRIK also saves all settings (including gesture configuration) to an .ini file that persists across save, but will be reset when the mod is reinstalled. This is why after assigning gesture(s) even old saves start working properly as well (since the .ini file updated).

I guess it's just the first time I've had the .ini reset since getting Skyrim VR

On 1/26/2024 at 7:34 AM, Mephisto2 said:

VRIK also saves all settings (including gesture configuration) to an .ini file that persists across save, but will be reset when the mod is reinstalled. This is why after assigning gesture(s) even old saves start working properly as well (since the .ini file updated).

On 1/26/2024 at 10:35 AM, petsey said:

I guess it's just the first time I've had the .ini reset since getting Skyrim VR

As a general tip: I usually copy all my configuration files into a separate mod slot, overriding the default .ini that comes with mod installations. This way you don't have to worry about updates overwriting your settings. Just be careful in case there are new and/or defunct settings, you may want to compare "your" old file with the new one after updating.

45 minutes ago, past79 said:

As a general tip: I usually copy all my configuration files into a separate mod slot, overriding the default .ini that comes with mod installations. This way you don't have to worry about updates overwriting your settings. Just be careful in case there are new and/or defunct settings, you may want to compare "your" old file with the new one after updating.

So, is there a comprehensive guide somewhere, on how the inis work? There are several of them, with some overlapping settings in two separate directories (one set in the game directory, and another in Documents/my games/skyrimVR)  ... In a lot of those tips on forums people rarely clearly specify which ini(s) they mean. I know there is this ini configuration tool, but I would like to understand what's actually going on, how the files are handled...

6 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

So, is there a comprehensive guide somewhere, on how the inis work? There are several of them, with some overlapping settings in two separate directories (one set in the game directory, and another in Documents/my games/skyrimVR)  ... In a lot of those tips on forums people rarely clearly specify which ini(s) they mean. I know there is this ini configuration tool, but I would like to understand what's actually going on, how the files are handled...

This heavily depends on which mod manager you are using, and there are probably several ways how to accomplish it. But I'll give it a shot...

I use MO2, where it is a fairly simple process:

1. Create an empty mod (rightclick any mod in the list -> All Mods -> Create empty mod above)
  2. Give it a more or less meaningful name (for sanity's sake, the name doesn't really matter) and drag it fairly low to the bottom of the list (so it overrides other mods - generally in MO2, everything "lower" in the list overwrites the stuff above)
  3. Rightclick the newly created mod slot, select Open in Explorer
  4. Now you have to recreate the folder structure, most config files live in SKSE\Plugins (check original mod to make sure). So create a folder "SKSE" and a "Plugin" folder inside that
  5. Copy the configuration files there, let's keep to the example of VRIK, there are 3 files vrik.ini, vrikgestures.ini, vrikslots.ini
    So you should end up with something like
    <mo2 mods folder>\ExampleConfigs
    │   meta.ini
    │
    └───SKSE
        └───Plugins
                vrik.ini
                vrikgestures.ini
                vrikslots.ini
  6. Don't forget to enable it by clicking the checkbox. MO2 doesn't do this by default upon creation
  7. That's it, the copied files now override the ones that came with the mod (provided a "lower" place in the mod list), and Skyrim will only see those from now on. Every change you make in the game is saved there. On the other side, when you update/replace a mod, your copied files remain intact and you keep all your settings.
    image.png.a0873cf2477e4af7e032ddd4d3b35a36.png

Just noticed, you were also talking about Documents/my games/skyrimVR, these are probably the game's config files (skyrimprefs.ini etc.), these are not related to any mod and should also not be affected by any mod update.

2 hours ago, past79 said:

This heavily depends on which mod manager you are using, and there are probably several ways how to accomplish it. But I'll give it a shot...

I use MO2, where it is a fairly simple process:

1. Create an empty mod (rightclick any mod in the list -> All Mods -> Create empty mod above)
  2. Give it a more or less meaningful name (for sanity's sake, the name doesn't really matter) and drag it fairly low to the bottom of the list (so it overrides other mods - generally in MO2, everything "lower" in the list overwrites the stuff above)
  3. Rightclick the newly created mod slot, select Open in Explorer
  4. Now you have to recreate the folder structure, most config files live in SKSE\Plugins (check original mod to make sure). So create a folder "SKSE" and a "Plugin" folder inside that
  5. Copy the configuration files there, let's keep to the example of VRIK, there are 3 files vrik.ini, vrikgestures.ini, vrikslots.ini
    So you should end up with something like
    <mo2 mods folder>\ExampleConfigs
    │   meta.ini
    │
    └───SKSE
        └───Plugins
                vrik.ini
                vrikgestures.ini
                vrikslots.ini
  6. Don't forget to enable it by clicking the checkbox. MO2 doesn't do this by default upon creation
  7. That's it, the copied files now override the ones that came with the mod (provided a "lower" place in the mod list), and Skyrim will only see those from now on. Every change you make in the game is saved there. On the other side, when you update/replace a mod, your copied files remain intact and you keep all your settings.
    image.png.a0873cf2477e4af7e032ddd4d3b35a36.png

Just noticed, you were also talking about Documents/my games/skyrimVR, these are probably the game's config files (skyrimprefs.ini etc.), these are not related to any mod and should also not be affected by any mod update.

Yes, you are right, I was actually asking about Skyrim's own inis, having read the post a bit out of context. But this is very useful information, too. Thank you.

Would it be possible to make a version of this that runs using sexlab p+? Supposedly their latest DLL supports Skyrim VR so all you should need to do is carry over the script changes. I might even try doing it myself later, but it would probably be easier for someone who already knows how the VR patch changes work.

On 12/30/2023 at 5:47 AM, Kitsunetsuki said:

Hiya, i followed this guide and get intense spinning on animation start. I installed all the applicable "Fixes" for the spinning but it doesn't work. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

I just started having this same issue once I got first-person mode working. no idea what is causing it or how to fix it though.

Hi, sooo everything is working fine for me, but I have a question about the 'ALL animations' option in the 'VR' tab. I've successfully suppressed already registered animations and those that couldn't be registered due to sexlab limit. However, my issue is that these suppressed animations don't appear even after clicking 'Enable ALL'. Could someone please provide a simple step-by-step guide? Please qwq

9 hours ago, Jakkushi said:

Hi, sooo everything is working fine for me, but I have a question about the 'ALL animations' option in the 'VR' tab. I've successfully suppressed already registered animations and those that couldn't be registered due to sexlab limit. However, my issue is that these suppressed animations don't appear even after clicking 'Enable ALL'. Could someone please provide a simple step-by-step guide? Please qwq

clear supressed anims in sl mcm

BTw did someone figured out how to remove this fake(?) lighted bubble around player, i would like to be forced to use torches at night but it is always bright at certain length.