Is there a way to use sexlab, vrik, and flowergirls together without some spells/actions, forcibly holding my character in one position? Is there a way to make it produce a clone of me every time for every spell/action that results in  sexual animations? Or do I need to remove something to get this to work better? I wouldn't mind as much if the other actor started doing the animations while my own characters body was free to move out of the scene, but it gets locked in place and not a fun time

58 minutes ago, prog0111 said:

Would that change the user's MCM setting too?  If so, I suppose DD would need to fetch the user's setting and restore it when it was complete.

No, it's an override. You can call the function without parameters, and it sets the users's SL MCM settings in VRIK - and you can override any of those settings (for that one call) by passing your overrides as a parameter. It doesn't change any settings in SL MCM. Calling the function with enabled=false will basically do the setting reset on VRIK.

32 minutes ago, Oceanos said:

Is there a way to use sexlab, vrik, and flowergirls together without some spells/actions, forcibly holding my character in one position? Is there a way to make it produce a clone of me every time for every spell/action that results in  sexual animations? Or do I need to remove something to get this to work better? I wouldn't mind as much if the other actor started doing the animations while my own characters body was free to move out of the scene, but it gets locked in place and not a fun time

I'm not entirely sure what you're after there. I can't really speak for flowergirls, since this patch only involves SL - although my understanding is you can install both FG and SL at the same time. SL generally does paired animations, which make no sense if you move away from it (you'd end up with NPC humping the air, or slapping their butt against nothing etc). If you use the 3rd person mode, you can move around freely (although the body stays in animation). If you use the free mode, you can move around -with- the body, but the body is still going to do the animation.. because that's the point of being a participant in the animation. You can have a mod initiate an animation with only NPCs without getting involved yourself in it at all if that's what you are after. The simplest way is probably to install matchmaker, and cast the 'irresistibly attractive (other)' spell on a couple of NPCs and watch them go at it. That would obviously leave you entirely out of the animation.

47 minutes ago, Foxyzu said:

Using different presets i get really weird stuff on each one (I'm also using VRIK). There wasn't preset where my person would align with other. On some presets head can stetch anywhere and there is no control of that (idk how gestures work).

What are you using to start the animations?

-- edit --

I'll elaborate a little: what you describe sounds like for some reason the player's body is not properly locked in place. Every preset except for the 'free mode' should align the body correctly at all times (unless you have a bunch of broken animations, which isn't likely). Free mode is specifically designed so that you are able to move away from the position, and have the body move along with you - but that shouldn't get the 'long neck' issue happening either.

The two most likely reasons I can imagine are either:

1) the animations are started by mod that doesn't use SexLab to run them.. but rather starts the animations itself, f.ex. Devious Devices.

2) there's something wrong with your installation - like too old version of VRIK or VR patch, non-VR version of some mod/utility etc

The most simple mod for starting and testing the animations is probably 'matchmaker', or alternately 'carnival'. The VR patch and VRIK linked in the original post of this thread are the latest ones currently, and should work together. Along with those you'll need latest sexlab (beta 8 currently, although beta 7 works fine too), papyrus utils VR, SkyUI VR (both of which I think you have if you are seeing the presets menu in the MCM) and SKSE VR (without SKSE VR I don't think you'd even see the VR body).

There's also possibility of load order issue.. but again if you f.ex. had SL installed after the VR patch, you wouldn't see the VR page in the MCM, so I don't think that's the problem either.

Actually I ended up finding what I needed in this other post 

Posting it incase anyone else wants to use it, basically it clones your character for the scenes, incase being first person for it is too laggy and jarring/buggy for you (which was my case). Much easier to just spectate my character from the outside like how it used to work in 2d skyrim.

7 hours ago, reikiri said:

What are you using to start the animations?

-- edit --

I'll elaborate a little: what you describe sounds like for some reason the player's body is not properly locked in place. Every preset except for the 'free mode' should align the body correctly at all times (unless you have a bunch of broken animations, which isn't likely). Free mode is specifically designed so that you are able to move away from the position, and have the body move along with you - but that shouldn't get the 'long neck' issue happening either.

The two most likely reasons I can imagine are either:

1) the animations are started by mod that doesn't use SexLab to run them.. but rather starts the animations itself, f.ex. Devious Devices.

2) there's something wrong with your installation - like too old version of VRIK or VR patch, non-VR version of some mod/utility etc

The most simple mod for starting and testing the animations is probably 'matchmaker', or alternately 'carnival'. The VR patch and VRIK linked in the original post of this thread are the latest ones currently, and should work together. Along with those you'll need latest sexlab (beta 8 currently, although beta 7 works fine too), papyrus utils VR, SkyUI VR (both of which I think you have if you are seeing the presets menu in the MCM) and SKSE VR (without SKSE VR I don't think you'd even see the VR body).

There's also possibility of load order issue.. but again if you f.ex. had SL installed after the VR patch, you wouldn't see the VR page in the MCM, so I don't think that's the problem either.

For sake of testing i used SL included spell (target). By the looks of it the "target" was locking in the right place, but im almost never - for example when the game asked me to use bed i said "yes" and target was on the bed, but my person was either floating or next to the bed or could be even in the walls.

5 hours ago, Oceanos said:

... being first person ...

This patch also has a preset for 3rd person view. Just make sure you use both the latest patch and the latest VRIK built - both available to download in the original post.

If you already use VRIK then it is better to use this patch as it has more features and will be updated more often.

However the 3rd person view preset in this patch seems broken at the moment as the body has no head.

4 hours ago, Foxyzu said:

For sake of testing i used SL included spell (target). By the looks of it the "target" was locking in the right place, but im almost never - for example when the game asked me to use bed i said "yes" and target was on the bed, but my person was either floating or next to the bed or could be even in the walls.

Ok, I'll need to do more testing and see if I can replicate that issue. I don't think I've ever used the 'use beds' option, will need to check that for starters.

52 minutes ago, prinyo said:

This patch also has a preset for 3rd person view. Just make sure you use both the latest patch and the latest VRIK built - both available to download in the original post.

If you already use VRIK then it is better to use this patch as it has more features and will be updated more often.

However the 3rd person view preset in this patch seems broken at the moment as the body has no head.

It totally has a head when I use it. Check the 'hide head distance' in MCM VR page and see it's not set to 0? Recommend setting it to something like between 10-15.  I included that override in SL MCM because some people would use 0 to hide the head in normal play, but use f.ex. 3rd person view in SL so would need to change it during animations.

I should probably make it so that it simply defaults to 2 or something in 3rd person view because there's no reason to make it higher - it's only really useful in 1st person view.

I'd force the hide head distance to be 6 when in 3rd person mode.  This is the same value VRIK uses for selfie mode, so it should be ok.  Keep in mind the user can set this to zero themselves in VRIK's own MCM menu to remove the head completely (even removing it's shadow), but it doesn't make much sense to consider either mod's MCM setting for 3rd person.

1 hour ago, prog0111 said:

I'd force the hide head distance to be 6 when in 3rd person mode.  This is the same value VRIK uses for selfie mode, so it should be ok.  Keep in mind the user can set this to zero themselves in VRIK's own MCM menu to remove the head completely (even removing it's shadow), but it doesn't make much sense to consider either mod's MCM setting for 3rd person.

If 6 is closest to 'natural position', then sure. It says how much 'backwards' to hide, so I'd always just assumed the smaller, the closer to 'normal' position it is (except for 0 that hides it, yes, which was kind of the main reason I added the override). I'll tweak the settings a bit.

8 hours ago, prinyo said:

Let me guess, you have a female character wearing a strap-on?

I've tested it on clean SL and with action happening naturally. When it happened i think it was 3rd person preset as i didn't touch settings at this point. I could walk around freely (until accidentaly jumped) and there wasn't anything freaking out this time but the actors still weren't align, and i honestly cant imagine what can cause that.

Edit: Can it be cause im using version 7.0 of VRIK?

29 minutes ago, Foxyzu said:

I've tested it on clean SL and with action happening naturally. When it happened i think it was 3rd person preset as i didn't touch settings at this point. I could walk around freely (until accidentaly jumped) and there wasn't anything freaking out this time but the actors still weren't align, and i honestly cant imagine what can cause that.

SL definitely requires the V0.8.0 in-dev builds of VRIK being posted here.  A ton has gone into VRIK lately to make this whole thing work.

1 hour ago, Foxyzu said:

Yeeeeah, there's that red line under the brief installation instructions. ?

I've been tossing new things into the patch as they came available in VRIK - and VRIK has been fixing issues as soon as they came up when I was building the VR patch.. so at this point you really need THE latest version of both mods. Which is why I've taken down the previous versions as soon as I put new ones out.

Up till v26 of VR patch it was using original SL method of locking player into animation - which doesn't work perfectly in VR, and doesn't work at all in current 3rd person mode. Then VRIK introduced it's own way of locking player into position in animation, and from v27 I started using that - which was then improved on in v28 and pretty much perfected. So anything after v26 will totally not work unless you have new version of VRIK. And v29 introduced the gesture system that was only finalized in VRIK 0.8 15. The way it works in VR 29 is incompatible even with VRIK 0.8 14, and would instantly CTD the game when it tries to register the gestures with it (although VRIK 12 and earlier I think didn't even have the function to register the gestures, so they would simply not work, and not crash the game).

hi,

Thanks for all your hard work on this mod! 

I am just starting out and wondering as I can't seem to find it (apologies if i missed it), is there an animation selector whilst in vr? I can see the change animation in the sexlab menu but it is limited to moving to the next animation (rather than picking from categories or a list). I remember there was a mod that did that years ago however I cant for the life of me remember what it was called and I don't know if it would work for VR.

Also, when in scene, I have seen you mentioning a 3rd person mode, is this the toggle free camera mode within sexlab or is there something else implemented? I am happy for the first person perspective, but wouldnt mind having a brief glimpse form other angles without breaking the animation or not being able to move. I m not sure which combination of options would allow me to do that.

any help greatly appreciated

58 minutes ago, cheekychap88 said:

hi,

Thanks for all your hard work on this mod! 

I am just starting out and wondering as I can't seem to find it (apologies if i missed it), is there an animation selector whilst in vr? I can see the change animation in the sexlab menu but it is limited to moving to the next animation (rather than picking from categories or a list). I remember there was a mod that did that years ago however I cant for the life of me remember what it was called and I don't know if it would work for VR.

Also, when in scene, I have seen you mentioning a 3rd person mode, is this the toggle free camera mode within sexlab or is there something else implemented? I am happy for the first person perspective, but wouldnt mind having a brief glimpse form other angles without breaking the animation or not being able to move. I m not sure which combination of options would allow me to do that.

any help greatly appreciated

I think the mod you're talking about may be something like "sexlab utilities", I have kind of vague recollection of it too. No idea if it would work in VR though. You can click the '3rd person preset' to see how the 3rd person mode works - free cam doesn't work in VR, it totally breaks things.. but what the 3rd person mode does is, it lets you basically step out and walk around invisibly to look at the scene while your 'body' stays in the animation. So it's a bit similar to free cam. If you manage to get the gesture controls to work, you can switch between 3rd and 1st person by using one of the gestures (tap and pull back).

So, when using the static 1st person the eyes can end up in quite the wrong location when dealing with the head facing down or up.

When the head in the animation is facing up, the camera is placed in the middle of the head (not where the eyes would be), resulting in seeing through the inside of the character body.
When looking down in the animation it is also kinda wrong

1 hour ago, jensern said:

Back in the days when I was playing a female with flowergirls, the head would "unequip" when she wore a strap-on. When doing plain lesbian scenes, the head would stay on.

There's no connection to FG really, it's entirely different tech. The most likely reason would be having 'hide head distance' in SL MCM menu set to 0 - which would make the head disappear during animations (technically it shrinks it away, but the effect is the same.. you'd just kind of have your hair growing out of your neck, because it doesn't get shrunk).

I'm adding another preset in next build, that sets all VR page settings to working defaults - including settings that other presets won't touch.. it can help in cases there's some strange glitch that's caused by settings. I'll also try to make the dependency detection more robust to catch cases where some required mod isn't there.

If I change the following, it should result in lockHmdToBody staying locked right?

lockHmdToBody=-1   to  lockHmdToBody=1

function UnlockVRIK()
	RegisterGestures(false)
	VRIK.VrikLog(ActorName + ";UnlockVRIK - remote")
	utility.SetIniBool("bDisablePlayerCollision:Havok",false)
	ActorLib.SetVrSettings(enabled=false, lockHeight=-1, trackHands=-1, trackHead=-1, hideHead=-1, nearDistance=-1.0, lockHmdToBody=-1,hmdTol=-1.0, hmdDis=-1.0, hmdSpd=-1.0, thirdPerson=-1)
	VRIK.VrikLog(Utility.GetCurrentRealTime()+" ========== UNLOCK VRIK, FORGET ALOCK ==========")
	AlignLock = 0.0
	if blackout
		SexLabUtil.FadeIn(3.0)
		blackout = false
	endIf
endFunction

Out of curiosity. What breaks if you set "lock the hmd to body" outside of sl animations? If I do it in the vrik settings I had no problem so far, but there is always the possibility that I overlooked something.

Would like to try a bit out but currently lack of time and this "DEFAULT: BSString::Set(): Could not allocate full amount of memory asked for with aiMaxLen" is holding me back ?

23 hours ago, reikiri said:

I think the mod you're talking about may be something like "sexlab utilities", I have kind of vague recollection of it too. No idea if it would work in VR though. You can click the '3rd person preset' to see how the 3rd person mode works - free cam doesn't work in VR, it totally breaks things.. but what the 3rd person mode does is, it lets you basically step out and walk around invisibly to look at the scene while your 'body' stays in the animation. So it's a bit similar to free cam. If you manage to get the gesture controls to work, you can switch between 3rd and 1st person by using one of the gestures (tap and pull back).

Thanks for the response and help, it turned out to be called sexlab tools, but this functionality was also included in Defeat and I believe they are not compatible - so i am using defeat now for that functionality, it gives you menus for the animation groups from the different producers and works in any sexlab animation.

However, I have run into a different issue. When trying to assign hotkeys in mod menus, whenever I press trigger on my index controller to reassign the hotkey, it 'double presses' and assigns trigger as the hotkey, I have reassigned the function of the trigger to other buttons of the controllers but the same thing happens. Do you have any idea what might be causing this or a way around it? I realise it is not directly relevant to your mod, however it might be useful to know for others and further down the line.

I am using the VRIK body and controller bindings.

any hep appreciated!