Reikiri is correct - the V0.8.0 build managed to break profile gestures with a last second bugfix to another issue with gestures.  The fix for the fix is already in place for a V0.8.1, and I'm hoping to get test builds of that started soon.  This issue only effects gestures used in a profile though - normal mod action gestures are still working.

14 hours ago, prog0111 said:

Reikiri is correct - the V0.8.0 build managed to break profile gestures with a last second bugfix to another issue with gestures.  The fix for the fix is already in place for a V0.8.1, and I'm hoping to get test builds of that started soon.  This issue only effects gestures used in a profile though - normal mod action gestures are still working.

I'm actually experiencing an issue with the "Double-press" gestures on my Vive wands.  Double-tap works fine and quiet frankly amazing, but the double-press fails to work during normal game mode and during SL scenes (for SL scene control).

It's worth noting I've stripped back my modlist to just SkyUI, VRIK and Lorkhan's to verify that it was isolated to my VRIK install (using 0.8.0, tried both dev18 and the nexus release).

Another issue I've experienced with VRIK + SL, is that you can still interact with the environment during a scene (talk to npc's, sit on stool, attack etc).  Doing so will immediately throw the scene into a weird state that sometimes resolves itself when the scene ends.

As a side note it would be great if the positioning tools in SL could be mapped to gestures or the d-pad on VR controllers.  I think that would be the only thing I need to touch my keyboard for once I can get the SL gestures working properly.

All-in-all thank you so much for your work on this from everyone involved ❤️

11 hours ago, gontro said:

I'm actually experiencing an issue with the "Double-press" gestures on my Vive wands.  Double-tap works fine and quiet frankly amazing, but the double-press fails to work during normal game mode and during SL scenes (for SL scene control).

It's worth noting I've stripped back my modlist to just SkyUI, VRIK and Lorkhan's to verify that it was isolated to my VRIK install (using 0.8.0, tried both dev18 and the nexus release).

I'm a bit confused...  What does double press do?  For gestures, I didn't use presses on the Vive trackpad at all.  Presses also count as touches (since it's impossible to press without touching) so the gesture might still trigger if you press and untouch, press and hold.  Does double press do something else in Skyrim that I didn't know about, maybe?

I recently tried out Slaverun.

Works great so far if you disable scenes because if its enabled it uses custom (not sexlab) animations which don't work like they should in VR.

It's actually quite funny, the camera spins according to your head movement.

The camera spins around like crazy if you look to one side but if look in front of you,

you can manage to slow the spin down and stop it.

And if you make it spin to fast the game crashes ?

----

Or you are stuck in the air while nothing happens

----

I was thinking why the camera goes crazy if a scene happens.

If you compare the intro of vr and flat than you will see that your character walks to the guard while in vr, you probably teleport while the screen fades to black.

I guess the game takes control of your character and basically makes an ai controlled actor out of you which doesn't work in vr.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:30 PM, Kokuru said:

I recently tried out Slaverun.

Works great so far if you disable scenes because if its enabled it uses custom (not sexlab) animations which don't work like they should in VR.

It's actually quite funny, the camera spins according to your head movement.

The camera spins around like crazy if you look to one side but if look in front of you,

you can manage to slow the spin down and stop it.

And if you make it spin to fast the game crashes ?

----

Or you are stuck in the air while nothing happens

----

I was thinking why the camera goes crazy if a scene happens.

If you compare the intro of vr and flat than you will see that your character walks to the guard while in vr, you probably teleport while the screen fades to black.

I guess the game takes control of your character and basically makes an ai controlled actor out of you which doesn't work in vr.

I'm not sure of the details, but when I tried to put player into 'vehicle mode' (which is what SL originally uses), I had the same issue. It's like looking around instead of just turning, controls your 'turning speed'. At a guess, it's possible it turns you to direction you are looking - but at the same time you view turns an equal amount.. and so it ends up basically 'chasing your view direction' infinitely. It's an issue that's probably going to break a lot of mods in VR that were built for LE/SE, and are trying to run animated scenes similar to SL.

On 12/31/2019 at 8:15 AM, gontro said:

Another issue I've experienced with VRIK + SL, is that you can still interact with the environment during a scene (talk to npc's, sit on stool, attack etc).  Doing so will immediately throw the scene into a weird state that sometimes resolves itself when the scene ends.

This is side effect of changes I did to make 3rd person view work. Basically it fully releases player controls at the moment. I should be able to change this to limit the controls to just using menu (so you can access scene controls in MCM) and moving around, I was kind of in a hurry to just get a fully working build out before holidays, and haven't done enough changes to warrant a new build yet.

On 12/31/2019 at 8:15 AM, gontro said:

As a side note it would be great if the positioning tools in SL could be mapped to gestures or the d-pad on VR controllers.  I think that would be the only thing I need to touch my keyboard for once I can get the SL gestures working properly.

This, and a fix to make animation props work for PC, are the two major things left on the 'todo'. No ETA for them yet, but they're kind of next on the list.

Does somebody faced bent SOS schlong issue during MF animations? It's bent to the left and up during scenes in 4 of 5 acts for me. Is it well known issue with some simple solution?

I'm sorry if it's dumb question but I've searched over the forum and found just some outdated posts from 2014. And the only solution was "Try to realign actors several times" that is hard to do in VR and seems really weird.

So I though that the issue was fixed in SL full / SOS long ago and just came back in VR.

On 1/10/2020 at 9:41 AM, 7osisg4d said:

I'd like to get SL Triggers working in VR.  It loads in MCM and works almost entirely, except for the part where you select the actual affect to apply.  The list pops up but I cannot select anything in it.

Is this a common issue when porting over from SE?

I do know SkyUI has a lot of problems on VR - it's basically a hack that only semi-works (which is still a LOT better than having no SkyUI). F.e. Defeat crashes for me if I try to open any of the animation settings in it's MCM. Mod events from SL should mostly work, and shouldn't have anything to do with the part where you're just using menus.. so this does sound like it's either SkyUI or Triggers issue.

On 1/11/2020 at 10:48 PM, reikiri said:

I do know SkyUI has a lot of problems on VR - it's basically a hack that only semi-works (which is still a LOT better than having no SkyUI). F.e. Defeat crashes for me if I try to open any of the animation settings in it's MCM. Mod events from SL should mostly work, and shouldn't have anything to do with the part where you're just using menus.. so this does sound like it's either SkyUI or Triggers issue.

Prinyo was able to fix it! 

Do you have a way to hide the hud during encounters?  I'm looking for something that can toggle.  There's one that shrinks the size of all elements to make them invisible, but it can't be changed in game.

3 hours ago, 7osisg4d said:

Prinyo was able to fix it! 

Do you have a way to hide the hud during encounters?  I'm looking for something that can toggle.  There's one that shrinks the size of all elements to make them invisible, but it can't be changed in game.

I don't have much of a hud to begin with, VRIK hides compass, and health etc bars don't show up when they are full. I'm not sure if there's anything left visible unless I open menus.

New build (beta 8 - 32). I added gestures (on left controller) to set animation offsets (adjust actor positions and schlong angles). Haptic feedback is fixed so it doesn't always start with left controller, and added a sort of 'free camera' mode, which is actually just TLC mode so you can kind of 'fly around' if you are viewing the animation in 3rd person mode.

You'll also need the VRIK 0.8.1 dev 15 to make the beta 8-32 work.

You can toggle the mode on by default, by setting the 'automatic free cam' checkbox in animation settings, and you can toggle it during animation (in 3rd person mode) by gesture 'up-down' on right controller.  Disabling it during animation will pull you close to animation's location to hopefully prevent you from falling through ground or falling down from the sky.

Left controller can be used to toggle three offset adjustment modes:

"up" gesture to change schlong angle

"left" gesture to adjust actor position offsets for current stage only

"right" gesture to adjust actor position offsets for all stages of the current animation

"left-right" gesture will wipe (reset) all custom offsets for current animation (useful if you messed up the positions)

While in adjustment mode, use right controller trigger to switch between actors to adjust. Hold down left trigger and move left controller around to adjust the selected actor. In 'schlong adjustment' mode moving left controller up and down while holding it's trigger, will change the schlong angle up and down. In position adjustment mode, moving left controller around while holding down it's trigger, will move the selected actor around.

thanks reikiri. once i got your files up and running i completely abandoned flowergirls, with first person stable it made flowergirls 3rd person animations rather boring. just wanted to say thanks. im running 3bbb advanced with bijin skins and cbp physics, hdt is installed but i dont think its really working as i have like 5 'reported incompatible warnings' in vortex. lol

Not sure what I'm missing, but I really cant get this to work. I've tried it on completely clean save with nothing else than just the requirements and alt start mod, the Realm of Lorkhan to speed the testing, but I keep getting the same issues. Using Rift S with Opencomposite + MO2 and have picked all the needed requirements and double checked that they're for the VR version. I'm not new to modding either and managed to get the SE version working numerous times.

While in the game I dont have the usual Sexlab menus in the MCM, just one window with the checked requirements. MCM window says on the right side that it cant find VRIK(using the latest dev build 0.8.1 15), despite it shows it checked on list at the left side. The left side also shows that I dont have papyrus utils installed, though I've double checked it also being the correct version. I tried manually installing it and also with MO2, loading it after Sexlab, but nothing makes difference, it always shows unchecked. Another weird thing is that the MCM menu shows that I'm trying to use v163 beta7 version, despite I have the v163 beta8 version installed... I can try to make it install/update while it the game and get the basic stuff, like installing animations messages etc. and at the end it says its installed on working. Obviously its not working and checking the MCM again shows the same option to instal/update.

Again this on a completely new save with nothing else than the requirements installed + Realm of Lorkhan, also no other Sexlab mods than just the main framework and VR patch. I've got absolutely no idea what I should try next, so I'm open for suggestions.

Screenshot of the MCM:

https://i.imgur.com/DuAjudh.png

21 hours ago, Belweg said:

Not sure what I'm missing, but I really cant get this to work. I've tried it on completely clean save with nothing else than just the requirements and alt start mod, the Realm of Lorkhan to speed the testing, but I keep getting the same issues. Using Rift S with Opencomposite + MO2 and have picked all the needed requirements and double checked that they're for the VR version. I'm not new to modding either and managed to get the SE version working numerous times.

While in the game I dont have the usual Sexlab menus in the MCM, just one window with the checked requirements. MCM window says on the right side that it cant find VRIK(using the latest dev build 0.8.1 15), despite it shows it checked on list at the left side. The left side also shows that I dont have papyrus utils installed, though I've double checked it also being the correct version. I tried manually installing it and also with MO2, loading it after Sexlab, but nothing makes difference, it always shows unchecked. Another weird thing is that the MCM menu shows that I'm trying to use v163 beta7 version, despite I have the v163 beta8 version installed... I can try to make it install/update while it the game and get the basic stuff, like installing animations messages etc. and at the end it says its installed on working. Obviously its not working and checking the MCM again shows the same option to instal/update.

Again this on a completely new save with nothing else than the requirements installed + Realm of Lorkhan, also no other Sexlab mods than just the main framework and VR patch. I've got absolutely no idea what I should try next, so I'm open for suggestions.

Screenshot of the MCM:

https://i.imgur.com/DuAjudh.png

Screenshot just comes back as empty file for me, so I can't say anything about that. :)

Lessee.. if it says it doesn't find VRIK, and installing fails, most likely it's unable to find the VRIK quest form. It's possible it only comes up when starting new game, and I haven't started one in ages.  Try dropping in the two .pex files from this post to replace the ones you have on the VRpatch (not the ones in sexlab itself), and see if that helps - I disabled the quest check from them. I'll try and see if I can start a test game, but it'll take a while.

-- edit --

also followup questions - does vrik itself work right for you? (you see your body in-game, it follows smoothly when you walk, hands follow your motions, legs move as you walk, you see VRIK MCM menu etc?

You could also try unchecking VR patch on MO2, then installing SL in-game without the patch.. then save, close game, enable patch, and restart skyrim. It shouldn't be needed, but if it works that way, it's a simple workaround.

9 minutes ago, reikiri said:

Screenshot just comes back as empty file for me, so I can't say anything about that. :)

Lessee.. if it says it doesn't find VRIK, and installing fails, most likely it's unable to find the VRIK quest form. It's possible it only comes up when starting new game, and I haven't started one in ages.  Try dropping in the two .pex files from this post to replace the ones you have on the VRpatch (not the ones in sexlab itself), and see if that helps - I disabled the quest check from them. I'll try and see if I can start a test game, but it'll take a while.

-- edit --

also followup questions - does vrik itself work right for you? (you see your body in-game, it follows smoothly when you walk, hands follow your motions, legs move as you walk, you see VRIK MCM menu etc?

You could also try unchecking VR patch on MO2, then installing SL in-game without the patch.. then save, close game, enable patch, and restart skyrim. It shouldn't be needed, but if it works that way, it's a simple workaround.

sslSystemConfig.pex 47.84 kB · 0 downloads sslConfigMenu.pex 114.41 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the assist, but I actually just a moment ago figured the culprit.. Seems like there was some left over files of SE Version of papyrus utils, which I accidentally installed before I noticed the VR version was separated. Obviously I though the VR version had same amount of files that would then just overwrite each other, but it was not the case.. stupid me. The SE version had more files that didnt get overwrited and remained in the SKSE folder alongside with the new VR files. After deleting all those remnant files, it started finally workin, so much work for one stupid mistake lol.

Just was wondering, after VRIK calibration the player mesh gets height of a VR user and so, is this the case that because of the player mesh shorter (in my case) it having issues with Alignment during SL scenes. Or the player mesh gets reset during the scene? If that's not the case then i think it would be probably a good idea to adjust the height of the mesh to default for scenes. (possibly all that could be happening just to me and this post makes no sense)

5 hours ago, Belweg said:

Thanks for the assist, but I actually just a moment ago figured the culprit.. Seems like there was some left over files of SE Version of papyrus utils, which I accidentally installed before I noticed the VR version was separated. Obviously I though the VR version had same amount of files that would then just overwrite each other, but it was not the case.. stupid me. The SE version had more files that didnt get overwrited and remained in the SKSE folder alongside with the new VR files. After deleting all those remnant files, it started finally workin, so much work for one stupid mistake lol.

Oh, good. Either way I'll leave the change I made into next version, because that quest test was kind of a remnant from ye olde times that's no longer needed.. so it's all good. : )

2 hours ago, Foxyzu said:

Just was wondering, after VRIK calibration the player mesh gets height of a VR user and so, is this the case that because of the player mesh shorter (in my case) it having issues with Alignment during SL scenes. Or the player mesh gets reset during the scene? If that's not the case then i think it would be probably a good idea to adjust the height of the mesh to default for scenes. (possibly all that could be happening just to me and this post makes no sense)

Haven't really ran into this myself, but I guess It might happen in some cases - VRIK allows you to do all sorts of scaling changes, like hands, arms etc. and messing with those could certainly break alignment in animations. It's a bit tricky issue though, because it can depend on a lot of things - like, if you are running animations in 1st person view and hand tracking enabled, you may actually want the scales to be adjusted.

For overall scaling though - and that's likely closer to what you're writing about - you can try setting the 'even actor scales' (or whatever it was called - the option in animation settings), I think it should still work in VR. Now that I think about it though, I might make that setting also reset the individual scales (arm, hand etc) during the animation in future version.

Couple of small fixes in v33

When moving from 'free cam' mode to regular 3rd person, v32 was already moving player near the animation to avoid falling through floor and other strange things, but that could still happen when animation ends during 'free cam' - in v33 the player is placed at animation's location when animation ends (there's brief blackout during the transition), which hopefully avoids the issue.

Also, if you set custom sizes for hands, arms etc. in VRIK MCM menu, that can throw the scales off and break alignments in animation. So now those scales are reset to defaults during animation (custom settings are restored when animation ends), unless you have enabled the "disable scaling" in SL MCM menu 'animation settings' page. Enabling that setting will keep whatever scales you have defined in VRIK.

Also added the changes from post #365 into the build, although it shouldn't make any actual difference.. it's just removing an obsolete test that's no longer relevant.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:38 PM, reikiri said:

New build (beta 8 - 32). I added gestures (on left controller) to set animation offsets (adjust actor positions and schlong angles). Haptic feedback is fixed so it doesn't always start with left controller, and added a sort of 'free camera' mode, which is actually just TLC mode so you can kind of 'fly around' if you are viewing the animation in 3rd person mode.

You'll also need the VRIK 0.8.1 dev 15 to make the beta 8-32 work.

You can toggle the mode on by default, by setting the 'automatic free cam' checkbox in animation settings, and you can toggle it during animation (in 3rd person mode) by gesture 'up-down' on right controller.  Disabling it during animation will pull you close to animation's location to hopefully prevent you from falling through ground or falling down from the sky.

Left controller can be used to toggle three offset adjustment modes:

"up" gesture to change schlong angle

"left" gesture to adjust actor position offsets for current stage only

"right" gesture to adjust actor position offsets for all stages of the current animation

"left-right" gesture will wipe (reset) all custom offsets for current animation (useful if you messed up the positions)

While in adjustment mode, use right controller trigger to switch between actors to adjust. Hold down left trigger and move left controller around to adjust the selected actor. In 'schlong adjustment' mode moving left controller up and down while holding it's trigger, will change the schlong angle up and down. In position adjustment mode, moving left controller around while holding down it's trigger, will move the selected actor around.

Just upgraded from slvr patch 31 (and the corresponding VRIK dev build) to the latest (SLVR 33 and VRIK 8.1 build 15) and none of the sexlab scene gesture controls are working at all. Normal VRIK gesture controls work flawlessly, but nothing in a sex scene even though they worked fine in patch 31. I used the "reset to defaults" option as mentioned in the main post but that did not work, and starting a new game did not appear to solve the issue, although I had done that after already having loaded an old save that session.

Is upgrading supposed to require a completely new save, or do I have something else going on here?

Having an issue with Defeat where the first assault works fine but then the second one won't start and will instead go right back into battle. I checked the papyrus log and found.

Info: SEXLAB - FATAL - Thread[1] AddActor(Shezarrine) - AddActor(Shezarrine) -- Failed to add actor -- They are not a valid target for animation

The actor is my character, it's the default name. I figured this would be only affecting the VR version but I could be wrong. Was wondering if anyone else was having this issue or if I'm missing something.

3 hours ago, Mephisto2 said:

Just upgraded from slvr patch 31 (and the corresponding VRIK dev build) to the latest (SLVR 33 and VRIK 8.1 build 15) and none of the sexlab scene gesture controls are working at all. Normal VRIK gesture controls work flawlessly, but nothing in a sex scene even though they worked fine in patch 31. I used the "reset to defaults" option as mentioned in the main post but that did not work, and starting a new game did not appear to solve the issue, although I had done that after already having loaded an old save that session.

Is upgrading supposed to require a completely new save, or do I have something else going on here?

No, you don't need a new save - it's certainly something different. I haven't started a new save since back when I built the first VR patch, and it's working for me. If you still have the v31, try going back to it but with VRIK biuld 15 - that should help to isolate if the issue came from changes in VRIK or changes in VR patch. If you are using index controllers, get the latest bindings from VRIK's home page too if they've changed since previous build (I don't remember if they did). I'm not sure what could cause the regular gestures to work but not the mod gestures. Double check the gestures are enabled in VR MCM I guess, but resetting to defaults should have made sure of that too. Does it list the gesture instructions on the SL VR page when animation is running? If it lists them normally, then it should have recognized that they are enabled.

51 minutes ago, jayinmay said:

Having an issue with Defeat where the first assault works fine but then the second one won't start and will instead go right back into battle. I checked the papyrus log and found.

Info: SEXLAB - FATAL - Thread[1] AddActor(Shezarrine) - AddActor(Shezarrine) -- Failed to add actor -- They are not a valid target for animation

The actor is my character, it's the default name. I figured this would be only affecting the VR version but I could be wrong. Was wondering if anyone else was having this issue or if I'm missing something.

If it works once, then there probably isn't any generic issue like unknown/unsupported race or such. My first guess, especially if this happens quickly after the first assault - would be that your character is still tagged as being involved in scene, and so the new animation fails to start. If it's been a while since the previous time, and you still run into same issue.. maybe go to SL rebuild and clean page (I think that was the one) and select the 'end all animations' (again I think that's what it was called). It should clean up any lingering issues. I can't really say anything sure - I'm using defeat, but I did some hackery on the code because it wouldn't work right with creatures, and originally sometimes kills you if you get assaulted a second time too quickly. ?

4 hours ago, reikiri said:

No, you don't need a new save - it's certainly something different. I haven't started a new save since back when I built the first VR patch, and it's working for me. If you still have the v31, try going back to it but with VRIK biuld 15 - that should help to isolate if the issue came from changes in VRIK or changes in VR patch. If you are using index controllers, get the latest bindings from VRIK's home page too if they've changed since previous build (I don't remember if they did). I'm not sure what could cause the regular gestures to work but not the mod gestures. Double check the gestures are enabled in VR MCM I guess, but resetting to defaults should have made sure of that too. Does it list the gesture instructions on the SL VR page when animation is running? If it lists them normally, then it should have recognized that they are enabled.

Interestingly, it decided to start working out of the blue when I revisited it again a little bit ago. Only thing that still wasn't working was the new left hand gestures for actor position/schlong adjustment, but after fiddling around with a "normal" left hand gesture for a bit that started working as well and everything appears to be working beautifully now. Especially strange is that I made no mod version changes/reinstalls for this to occur, just setting edits in VRIK (not even in the SLVR menu).

It's almost like the scripts got confused about what triggers the gestures for the mod profile, and "remembered" after using normal VRIK features for a brief bit... Could it be that the new ability to choose which button(s) trigger gestures on each hand wasn't properly initialized to defaults on the VRIK side and tweaking settings kicked it into shape?

On 1/14/2020 at 11:38 AM, reikiri said:

Awesome! Thanks for this new build and feature implementation.  

What kind of things are you working on next?

On 1/18/2020 at 8:36 AM, Mephisto2 said:

Interestingly, it decided to start working out of the blue when I revisited it again a little bit ago. Only thing that still wasn't working was the new left hand gestures for actor position/schlong adjustment, but after fiddling around with a "normal" left hand gesture for a bit that started working as well and everything appears to be working beautifully now. Especially strange is that I made no mod version changes/reinstalls for this to occur, just setting edits in VRIK (not even in the SLVR menu).

It's almost like the scripts got confused about what triggers the gestures for the mod profile, and "remembered" after using normal VRIK features for a brief bit... Could it be that the new ability to choose which button(s) trigger gestures on each hand wasn't properly initialized to defaults on the VRIK side and tweaking settings kicked it into shape?

I don't know the technical side of what's changed in VRIK, it's possible that it needed to save some new defaults for the gestures before it started working. Either way, glad to hear it's working fine now. ?

16 hours ago, 7osisg4d said:

Awesome! Thanks for this new build and feature implementation.  

What kind of things are you working on next?

I'm not actually sure. There's still the problem of animation props not appearing for player, but I'm not sure if I can do anything about that on VR patch side. Prog may or may not be able to fix it on VRIK, or I can try to have another look at it once NiOverride is released for Skyrim VR - or maybe SKSEVR will have a fix for it eventually.. or possibly someone will figure it out and make a mod/patch for it. Either way I think it's probably going to have to be fixed in a dll plugin, and I haven't looked into writing those so far.

As for something I can do though.. the TODO list on the first post is getting kind of slim, but I do want to make an option that lets you save default view mode (3rd person vs 1st person) per animation, and possibly per stage - because some animations work really well in 1st person, and others really need 3rd person view. I do have some ideas about how to make it work, but still need to decide on a few things.. and then will need some free time to actually work on it. There's a couple more things I'd like to see implemented, but unfortunately those would need to be done on VRIK side, so it's out of my hands, and they'd be far from trivial to do - and Prog kind of has his plate full for a long time I think.

Originally I set out to make a patch that lets SL full work properly in VR, with all the major features.. and I think that's pretty much accomplished by now. That doesn't mean I couldn't add more things in - I might, but I also want to keep it simple and contained enough that it won't be too difficult to update when new versions of SL Full are released. I'm not intending to make this a separate branch of SL, my intention is still just to make a patch on top of it, and to update that patch to always work with the latest build of SL Full. Well, it also means that if SL implements new features, I'll see if I can make them work in VR as well.

I'll also need to make a new pass over things once Expired finishes RaceMenu VR - and probably/hopefully also fixes SkyUI to work fully in VR. At minimum there's things like NiOverride high heels support I'll need to re-enable when it becomes possible, possibly some other things.