3dsmax 2014 animations it doesn't work

I made my animations in 3DSMax 2010, I just updated to 2014 I do the same export process but the animations in the game do not work.
I am using the same export settings and my previous 3dsmax 2010 file.
Should I use other export settings?
Is the havok tool content that I am using correct?

Please someone who uses 3dsmax 2014 for animations tells me what configuration or version of havok tool should I use

Tools i use:
- HavokContentTools_2014-1-1_20150216_64Bit_Anarchy.exe
- hktcnv for convert xml to hkx

34 minutes ago, Koalmex said:

I made my animations in 3DSMax 2010, I just updated to 2014 I do the same export process but the animations in the game do not work.
I am using the same export settings and my previous 3dsmax 2010 file.
Should I use other export settings?
Is the havok tool content that I am using correct?

Please someone who uses 3dsmax 2014 for animations tells me what configuration or version of havok tool should I use

Tools i use:
- HavokContentTools_2014-1-1_20150216_64Bit_Anarchy.exe
- hktcnv for convert xml to hkx

The 2014 with HCT can not write working hkx.files compatible to skyrim. That´s the "inofficial message" of mostly all hobby-animators.

I personally think that there´s a way to get that also to be working. My time is at the moment too short to get into that details.

The skeleton is not build up correctly out from that version. Anyway is that combination ,you was talking about, creating hkx.-files with skeleton-alignment-error.

2014/15* with HCT is otherwise interesting for creating SMP clothing or doing new creations for weigthed new stuff, body-related.

Skyrim has been created with 3ds max studio 9. With that version have been created mostly all non-humanoid animations and some additions to the humanoid-animations..mostly everything else (of hum.animations) was created by using a mocap system and optimized by using HAT.

Idle-animations can be created with version 9/10 by exporting them at once ready-to-go with HCT, error-free.

*HCT can be also used with 2015 versions

17 hours ago, t.ara said:

The 2014 with HCT can not write working hkx.files compatible to skyrim. That´s the "inofficial message" of mostly all hobby-animators.

I personally think that there´s a way to get that also to be working. My time is at the moment too short to get into that details.

The skeleton is not build up correctly out from that version. Anyway is that combination ,you was talking about, creating hkx.-files with skeleton-alignment-error.

2014/15* with HCT is otherwise interesting for creating SMP clothing or doing new creations for weigthed new stuff, body-related.

Skyrim has been created with 3ds max studio 9. With that version have been created mostly all non-humanoid animations and some additions to the humanoid-animations..mostly everything else (of hum.animations) was created by using a mocap system and optimized by using HAT.

Idle-animations can be created with version 9/10 by exporting them at once ready-to-go with HCT, error-free.

*HCT can be also used with 2015 versions

That sucks 3ds2012 has a very poor viewport the animations are not shown at high fps.

3 hours ago, Koalmex said:

That sucks 3ds2012 has a very poor viewport the animations are not shown at high fps.

You can create KF files as animated exports by using the nif-exporter. In that case you have to convert them-question, which I can not answer is, if the 2014´s KF-files work proper after the transforming into hkx.

2014/15 are not really comfortable compared to 2016 and higher. I mostly use 2016 because I know the exactly handling how to export NIF´s of all sorts. Even animated gamebryo-file-export work correctly. NIF-exporter can not create working collision at least, and it has problems with the root-set-up of a such file. For animations out of the box you can not surround 2010 for the moment. It´s a big problem, what has been done with the individual changes of the original gamebryo-file-settings inside of the creation-engine. It´s totally specialized and it has been splitted even during the game-developping into different standards. And HAVOK based animations with behavior has been used lately also inside of nif-files as well. It´s a crazy chaos. If you nowadays create an animation, you mostly don´t use the original and simple skeleton. This isn´t making things more easy. 3dsmax is not the best tool to create animations "manually" btw. It has a very bad animation-tracking system and especially 2010 is quickly crashing with HCT.

If you work into skyrim, you can only try to simmulate the past times-updates do not really work.

Archived