[mod] RJW - RBSE Integration

RJW - RBSE Integration

I threw this together because I tend to make heavy use of bionics in RimWorld, and while RJW already has some support for EPOE, it doesn't have any for RBSE, which I prefer.  It's a quick job, so there may be some bugs, but it worked fine in my tests.

Features:

• RJW implants and body parts should all use the RBSE textures.
  • RJW unfinished implants are now treated as UnfinishedProsthesis instead of UnfinishedComponent.
  • RJW bionic body parts are now crafted at the RBSE bionics bench instead of the Fabrication bench.
  • RJW hediffs are now colored to match RBSE colors (white for natural, purple for archotech...).
  • Surgeries now require the same research as the equivalent operation in RBSE (Organ transplantation for natural stuff, prosthetics for hydraulics, bionics for bionics)
  • Many RBSE bionic parts now give sex ability/vulnerability modifiers (arms, legs, hands, feet, spines, jaw).
  • RBSE bionic part descriptions updated slightly to reflect sex ability changes.
  • Advanced Bionic version of all RJW bionic parts, craftable at the RBSE Advance Medical bench.
  • New parts and organs added as I come up with them

In the future, I may also try and implement the RBSE organ rejection for RJW parts.

Installation:

• Unzip into your mod folder. 
  • Should be safe for in-progress games. 
  • Make sure this is after (below) BOTH RBSE and RJW in your mod list.

Version 0.3 released.  To get a handle on adding new implants/parts I added Synthetic Uterus and Synthetic Testicles to the mod.  I'll probably work on Advanced Bionic Penis/Vagina/Breasts/Anus next. 

Anyone have any suggestions or requests for new parts/implants that would fit in with RBSE?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm coming back to RimWorld after a long break.  I took a first pass at updating this to work with RW version 1.2 and RJW 4.4.5.  Everything seems okay at first glance, but there are bound to be some issues. 

Please reply if you find any problems or would like to see something added.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
10 hours ago, Lebo77 said:

Any chance this will get updated to 1.3? The current version seems to break a bunch of stuff when used on 1.3.

I am planning on updating it eventually, but so many of the mods I use are not working with 1.3 that I can't really play the game right now.  Sorry for the delay.

Edited by dastardlii
On 7/28/2021 at 7:00 PM, Lebo77 said:

Any chance this will get updated to 1.3? The current version seems to break a bunch of stuff when used on 1.3.

Can you give some specific details about what breaks with this mod active?  It'll help me fix it faster.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:00 PM, Lebo77 said:

I've uploaded a new version (0.8a) with basic changes to support RW 1.3.  Let me know if that works for you.

Edited by dastardlii
  • 2 weeks later...

I added a separate optional file to make RJW bionics count for the body modder trait and the transhumanist ideology.  I originally thought this was a bug in RJW, but Ed86 said he disabled it intentionally, so I'm providing a method to turn it back on as an optional feature.  That mod does not require the main RJW+RBSE mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick note for anyone who is using the mod.  I thought this was a bug at first, but it's not.  If you have a bionic or advanced bionic jaw installed, you cannot install a bionic or advance bionic tongue.

It's the same way that bionic arms/hands work.  The tongue is included in the jaw presumably.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for providing the fix for body modder/transhumanist. It makes no sense for it not to work; if a freaking *peg leg* counts, then there's no reason for any body mod not to count. I'm having an issue with the advanced bionic jaw causing a "Disfigured" opinion debuff. Is this a known issue? Edited by MouseOfLight
On 9/11/2021 at 9:29 PM, MouseOfLight said:

Thank you for providing the fix for body modder/transhumanist. It makes no sense for it not to work; if a freaking *peg leg* counts, then there's no reason for any body mod not to count. I'm having an issue with the advanced bionic jaw causing a "Disfigured" opinion debuff. Is this a known issue?

I think it's actually due to the tongue.  There was an issue that was supposed to be resolved by either RBSE or the base game where having anything other than a natural tongue was causing the disfigured debuff.  It seems like the tongue is attached to the jaw in the defs, so replacing the jaw also removes the tongue (same with bionic arms removing hands).  I'm not sure if there's a fix for this if you're still getting the issue with the most recent base game and RBSE patches.

As far as the transhumanist thing, I offered to patch it in the base RJW code, but Ed said it was an intentional choice to not have them count, so it will have to stay as a separate mod.

Edited by dastardlii
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 3:38 AM, rrexauh said:

Nice mod!
There is also RBSE hardcore edition

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850428056

is this mod also compatible with the RBSE hardcore edition? (I am getting an error say RBSE is not installed) or are you planning make them compatible in the future?

Thanks

I haven't tried it, but it should be mostly compatible.  This mod is mostly XML patches and a couple new defs.  I expect the error is just because the hardcore mod has a different name than what's required in the XML.  it should still work.

Do note that the new implants I added will still have the same resource costs as the vanilla versions.

On 10/2/2021 at 10:34 AM, MouseOfLight said:

Any chance you could provide similar integration for Save Our Ship 2's archotech implants? Specifically the Archotech Spine and Archotech jaw.

Sorry, I don't use SOS, but you could look at the XML patches in this mod (under RJW_RBSE\1.3\Patches) and use those as an example of what to do to make a compatibility mod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know if it has anything to do with the new RJW update or something else, but I was getting a weird null error whenever I removed a RJW body part.

image.png.dcc954676ba0337fde70d2d241eab462.png 

If anybody else is having the same issue you can do a quick work around by going into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\rjw-rbse-master\1.3\Patches" or wherever your mod is saved and in the file "Bodypart_Textures.xml" delete this highlighted section.

image.png.bf5b6fa7038d45406e681cf8a9939d19.png

Natural body part items won't match the RBSE textures though.