IGNORED

Removing Greedy Archetype Personality Reward Trait

I recently moved a sim into a household and when I did that it gave them random traits, one of which was the Greedy personality archetype trait. I've been looking for a way to remove it, but can't seem to find it if there is. Hopefully I'm just blind or something and someone can help me find how to remove it.

Greedy Archetype.PNG

• ChinaMan087 changed the title to Removing Greedy Archetype Personality Reward Trait

You can modify their traits in CAS "full edit mode" (which provides all the same options you had when you're first setting up a household). To access that, press ctrl+shift+c, then a white bar should appear in the top left of the screen. Inside that bar, type in "testingcheats on" (it will say "cheats are enabled" if it works), then type "cas.fulleditmode" (this won't say anything, but as long as you type exactly what's inside the quotation marks, it should be fine). Then, hold down shift and click on the character you want to edit. This will bring up a menu which includes the option "Modify in CAS." Click in that, and it will take you to the screen where you can edit their traits just like at the beginning of the game.

2 hours ago, rb813 said:

You can modify their traits in CAS "full edit mode" (which provides all the same options you had when you're first setting up a household). To access that, press ctrl+shift+c, then a white bar should appear in the top left of the screen. Inside that bar, type in "testingcheats on" (it will say "cheats are enabled" if it works), then type "cas.fulleditmode" (this won't say anything, but as long as you type exactly what's inside the quotation marks, it should be fine). Then, hold down shift and click on the character you want to edit. This will bring up a menu which includes the option "Modify in CAS." Click in that, and it will take you to the screen where you can edit their traits just like at the beginning of the game.

Sorry, I should have explained it better in the initial post. I have the MCCC mod that lets me get to the full edit CAS and I've looked around there but I can only change the 3 personality traits that I get for her being a Young Adult Sim and the Aspiration trait. I can't find where to change the personality archetypes, which is what these traits are called I believe.  Though, whenever I hover over the Greedy trait in the simology menu, it classifies it as a Reward trait, but when I go into the look at the reward trait menu, none of these personality archetype traits are in there. This particular sim didn't have the trait before I had her moved into my other sims household. When I moved her in it gave her the Artist and Greedy personality archetypes from the WW mod, shown in the picture attached. I guess I should note this was a sim made by the game and not myself, and that I've also tried the "traits.remove_trait Greedy" cheat as well. 

SSTraits.PNG

17 hours ago, ChinaMan087 said:

I've also tried the "traits.remove_trait Greedy" cheat as well. 

Far as I know this should have removed it; as long as that sim was selected/active.

I've removed some of Nisa's WP traits from my sims the same way.

Not sure if you need something like WW in front of Greedy though, but I doubt it..

I'd try it again because it does't always work the first time.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I dunno if this was ever resolved but I'm having the same issue no matter how many times I've done "traits.remove_trait Greedy". I've also restarted to a previous save, deleted the thumbnail cache and, still, no luck. If this were a once in a while sort of thing then I would say luck of the die but this occurs 99% of the time and not always something I want to play.

Wonder if you disabled 'Archtypes' feature in WW settings might help.

You can also just remove WW from the game and load up the last save and play the family with those trait rewards.

They should be gone now.

Save and Exit.

Re-install WW now and test it out. 

11 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Wonder if you disabled 'Archtypes' feature in WW settings might help.

You can also just remove WW from the game and load up the last save and play the family with those trait rewards.

They should be gone now.

Save and Exit.

Re-install WW now and test it out. 

Thank you. So far, so good. I think, though it's cute to have, having no extra traits feels better than always having to play (in my head-canon or course) one that I don't see for particular sims. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I don't know if you still need help, but I think it could be useful to the topic to add that there is a way to change a sim's archetype if you don't want to disable them:

ww.set_major_personality_archetype <archetype>

ww.set_minor_personality_archetype <archetype>

(ex. set_major_personality_archetype hero)

They worked for me (but you can use them only on the active sim). The archetypes are greedy, artist, innocent, everyman, sage, lover, caregiver, hero, jester (I think they're all).

My sim has the materialistic and creative traits, wants to be a world famous celebrity and for some reason the mod decided that she had to be the artist and INNOCENT. I changed that into greedy lol

On 5/18/2020 at 7:23 PM, LadyGemini said:

I don't know if you still need help, but I think it could be useful to the topic to add that there is a way to change a sim's archetype if you don't want to disable them:

ww.set_major_personality_archetype <archetype>

ww.set_minor_personality_archetype <archetype>

(ex. set_major_personality_archetype hero)

They worked for me (but you can use them only on the active sim). The archetypes are greedy, artist, innocent, everyman, sage, lover, caregiver, hero, jester (I think they're all).

My sim has the materialistic and creative traits, wants to be a world famous celebrity and for some reason the mod decided that she had to be the artist and INNOCENT. I changed that into greedy lol

My hero <3

• 6 months later...

Thank You Lady Gemini, this worked perfectly. 
and you are correct there are 9 archetypes which I am relisting so anyone who comes here can read it and see confirmation
- Artist, Caregiver, Everyman, Greedy, Hero, Innocent, Jester, Lover, Sage.

they are of course all listed in detail on the WW homepage. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...