"Failed: Network Error" Chrome (Mind Boggling)

So this is an interesting problem I have and been dealing with for a long time now.

When I go to download anything with the Chrome browser, mostly stuff off Nexus or here on LL, or other stuff etc, I always get a "Failed: Network Error" message before I even get a chance to choose where to save the file to. I'll click to download, browse for the folder location, click save, and get "Failed: Network Error". Click retry, it will start downloading again, and if I'm super lucky, it will complete just fine. Otherwise, "Failed: Network Error" and I have to keep starting it over and over again in the hopes that it will actually complete.

This is with pretty much anything I download. Had this problem with Firefox and Edge as well. It mostly loves doing this when I am downloading large files, cause when it fails, I have to start all over again from scratch.

Now this is the interesting, yet confusing, part.

When I open my task manager, I see Windows Audio Graph Isolation. Normal right? Just the thing that controls my audio. This might seem random, but hang in there.

So I end process on it. Close that sucker out. No more Windows Audio Graph Isolation running.

Now I download that same file that keeps failing and guess what? No more "Failed: Network Error". Never again. Everything downloads perfectly for every file I download. Nothing fails anymore.

But once it starts up (either on it's own over time, or me listening to music), "Failed: Network Error" all over again. End process on it again, perfect downloads non-stop.

So my question to you lovely tech support gurus is, HOW? How is this the cause of all my download failed issues? Why is my Windows Audio Graph Isolation causing all my downloads to fail? Thanks for any ideas you can come up with, as this has truly baffled me as to why this is happening. I don't have any fancy sound card, just the built in one that came with my computer.

• 1 year later...