Could Someone Assist Me With The CK?

C5Kev

Hello Folks!  Well, I've got an armor mod I want to post here on LL, but thought up a backstory and decided to make up a short, rather generic quest mod to go with it.  So I found some online "how to's", started fumbling around in the CK, got the dialogue done, an NPC waiting in Falkreath waiting, shit placed and now, perhaps 90% complete. Problem is, is that none of the described scripts compile, so I'm stuck.  I'm a graphics guy, no coder and I don't know the CK very well.  So I don't know if the code given is incorrect or if the CK changed a bit over time and now won't allow "old" scripts to compile?

Anyone willing to help me would, of course, be credited on the mod page - along with receiving one free copy of the armor in the body type of their choice.  ?

Thanks for reading!

Are you using any external editor?

Just google papyrus in notepad, because you also have to setup papyruscompiler.exe and the TESV.Flags anyway.

And you'll need all external script sources depending on what you're trying to compile. There should be a scripts.rar in your base skyrim/data dir.

45 minutes ago, Alter Native said:

So the CK definitely didn't changed I'd guess half the Skyrim scripts would run in Fallout 4... 

A detailed error message of the compiler would be helpful. 

Hmmm, Nora Karlov...  Of the Los Angeles Karlov's?   Oh wait, she has wings and fangs.  OK, maybe not.   Anyway, I have no idea how to dig out that info.

27 minutes ago, wolfbread said:

Are you using any external editor?

Just google papyrus in notepad, because you also have to setup papyruscompiler.exe and the TESV.Flags anyway.

And you'll need all external script sources depending on what you're trying to compile. There should be a scripts.rar in your base skyrim/data dir.

I would think that an external editor would indicate I know how to code, but I don't. I'm using the CK, out of the box, using "supposed" default scripts.

It doesn't matter what you use, you still have to setup PapyrusCompiler, and source scripts and tesv.flg, because it simply doesn't work 'out of the box'. 

" you'll find the batch file will not work initially as it's pointed to Bethesda's developer directory "

Go to your Skyrim folder, open the Papyrus Compiler folder, right click on ScriptCompile.bat and select edit.  Copy/paste/edit the below.

"YOUR FILE PATH\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="YOUR FILE PATH\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source" -o="YOUR FILE PATH\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"
pause

And if the TESV.flg doesn't exist, I think it's packed in the scripts.rar

42 minutes ago, wolfbread said:

It doesn't matter what you use, you still have to setup PapyrusCompiler, and source scripts and tesv.flg, because it simply doesn't work 'out of the box'. 

" you'll find the batch file will not work initially as it's pointed to Bethesda's developer directory "

Go to your Skyrim folder, open the Papyrus Compiler folder, right click on ScriptCompile.bat and select edit.  Copy/paste/edit the below.

"YOUR FILE PATH\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="YOUR FILE PATH\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source" -o="YOUR FILE PATH\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"
pause

And if the TESV.flg doesn't exist, I think it's packed in the scripts.rar

Hello WB. Ah, I would have assumed (as most would) that the compiler would be set up correctly upon install of the CK.  Stupid compiler! ?   Thanks man.

Archived