Resetting AAF Quest Through the Console

Resetting AAF Questing Through The Console

Occasionally when installing or updating from a previously working AAF system, it will fail. One quick easy thing you can do is try to restart the AAF Questing mechanism. If this is you try the following:

• Open console (usually the ` or ~ key found on the upper left of the keyboard)
    • type in stopquest aaf_mainquest making sure to follow the spacing and especially the underscore
    • Exit the console
  • Wait 5 seconds (for the process to take place)
    • Open the console, again
    • type in startquest aaf_mainquest again making sure to follow the example exactly.
    • exit console
  • You should see the AAF startup message occur if the above was completed accurately.
    • Once the AAF startup message has completed in it's entirety.
      • Save the game
      • Exit the game (completely)
      • Restart the game and reload the fresh save you created above.
  • You should be good to go from here.

I personally haven't had the need to use the above instructions. I am following the instructions that was given to me by @EgoBallistic in a private channel of Discord. If this doesn't work for you please feel free to reach out to the Discord support thread, check the guide linked in the title above and/or post here.

Please keep the post focused on the issues of restarting the AAF Questing mechanism.

Thank You.

Archived