Trying to upload mod to LL but getting this error

Guest Zynxx

• 1 month later...

We can't help you without knowing at the bare minimum some basic information.  Like:

1. What file type are you trying to upload? (some file types are prohibited)

2. What is the file size? (max is 250megs)

3. What type of connection do you have?  If you are using satellite it may be timing out on your end.

4. What type of device are you using?  If you are trying to upload something from a phone, this doesn't work will with our forum software.

5. Have you tried clearing out your cookies and dns cache?

6. What type of browser are you using?

On 10/22/2019 at 1:04 AM, gregathit said:

We can't help you without knowing at the bare minimum some basic information.  Like:

1. What file type are you trying to upload? (some file types are prohibited)

2. What is the file size? (max is 250megs)

3. What type of connection do you have?  If you are using satellite it may be timing out on your end.

4. What type of device are you using?  If you are trying to upload something from a phone, this doesn't work will with our forum software.

5. Have you tried clearing out your cookies and dns cache?

6. What type of browser are you using?

Hi!

4. I'm using a pc.
5. I never thought that’s necessary, but I've tried it now just for you ;)
6. I've tried Opera and Firefox

The other points are irrelevant, since I never got that far.

- I can't choose a sub-category on the main download page to upload to
- If I try to upload on a subcategory page, I'll get 3D286/1
- I can't change my avatar
- I can't edit my messages

My user is clearly limited in functionality, I just don’t know what to do about it.

Thanks for your help
1 hour ago, gregathit said:

Are you using a phone or satellite?  

Also, try using chrome or explorer and see if you have the same problems.  Also make sure both Opera and Firefox are updated.

I see nothing on our end that is limiting you.

I’m trying not to bee rude, but now you’re just giving me lazy tech support advices.
Do I need to update all my drivers and download the latest windows updates too?

No, I’m not in a phone or satellite, no I won’t use chrome while opera is basically the same (except the telemetry mining),
and I don’t think this page changed so much in the last months, so it would require the latest and greatest browsers.

But correct me if I’m wrong.

hoping that it will show us how many people has problems like mine, but so far no one gives a s**t.

I guess I shouldn't either...
  • 3 months later...

Same issue as PCNerd. Can't upload and getting the 3D286/1 error code.

I'll give as much relevant info as I can in case anyone can help. Promise to not call you lazy if your advice doesn't work

• I've tried Google (It's how I found this thread)
  • I've tried different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, fuckin' Safari)
  • I've tried turning my adblock off
  • I've tried turning my VPN off
  • I've tried the "+Create" in the upper left of the homepage (Drop-down menus work but once I get my desired category, "Objects" under Sims 4 it is un-clickable)
  • I've tried the "Submit a file" button on the Sims 4 Downloads main page (sends me straight to the error page)
  • I've tried the "Submit a file" button on the Sims 4 Objects subcategory page (sends me straight to the error page)
  • I've tried shitposting to get my post count up to 5 (don't want to muck up the forums too much doing that, though I did joke about doing so in another thread about this same issue)

Out of ideas. Clearly my account is restricted in some way but I'm unable to find a way around said restrictions without more info regarding post requirements.

This account is new but I have been a member of this site for... A few years. If any mod/admin/etc. wants to verify that claim I can share my other account's credentials to prove that is the case.

3 minutes ago, theboringforeigner said:

Same issue as PCNerd. Can't upload and getting the 3D286/1 error code.

I'll give as much relevant info as I can in case anyone can help. Promise to not call you lazy if your advice doesn't work

• I've tried Google (It's how I found this thread)
  • I've tried different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, fuckin' Safari)
  • I've tried turning my adblock off
  • I've tried turning my VPN off
  • I've tried the "+Create" in the upper left of the homepage (Drop-down menus work but once I get my desired category, "Objects" under Sims 4 it is un-clickable)
  • I've tried the "Submit a file" button on the Sims 4 Downloads main page (sends me straight to the error page)
  • I've tried the "Submit a file" button on the Sims 4 Objects subcategory page (sends me straight to the error page)
  • I've tried shitposting to get my post count up to 5 (don't want to muck up the forums too much doing that, though I did joke about doing so in another thread about this same issue)

Out of ideas. Clearly my account is restricted in some way but I'm unable to find a way around said restrictions without more info regarding post requirements.

This account is new but I have been a member of this site for... A few years. If any mod/admin/etc. wants to verify that claim I can share my other account's credentials to prove that is the case.

I just found this in another thread:

"Due to spam bots you need to wait one week after joining to upload.  At least I think that is what Ashal has it set for right now." - gregathit (idk how to quote posts from other threads)

I will leave this and my last post up here and link to the other thread in case another person runs into this error and finds this thread before the other as I did.

Archived