Cybepunk 2077

HanPL

Cyberpunk 2077 puts players into a "dark future" in 2077 where advanced technologies have become "both the salvation and the curse of humanity." The game promises a nonlinear story designed for "mature" players and is set in the metropolis of Night City. It was also revealed today that Cyberpunk 2077 will feature sandbox elements, though this was not specified in any length.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Hidden Message in Trailer.

uBiyq.png

The trailer is short but communicates quite a bit about the game world. The woman featured within it is not a robot, but a heavily augmented human. In the world of Cyberpunk many modify themselves with artificial elements, often in pursuit of some ideal beauty. The catch is that with every modification the potential to go crazy rises as artificial elements of the body clash with the organic. Sometimes those psychotic breaks can result in the kind of violence you see in the trailer. In Cyberpunk 2077’s setting of Night City special MAX-TAC agents, also known as Psycho Squad, are deployed to fight against those who lose control.

While it’s not clear exactly how artificial modification will fit into the gameplay of Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt RED managing director Adam Badowski provided some insight into how commonplace body modification is in Night City.

“In 2077 as we imagine it, technology will be so advanced that implants will fit in the tip of a needle, making modification easy. The decision to change will therefore be largely aesthetic and ostensibly harmless. Realskin synthetic skin looks real but is better than real. It’s soft, it has pores that subtly release sweat, but it is so much more. It’s amazing, those who adopt it look like pumped, modified dolls, because they are perfect, or some version of it. When people choose modification, they’re making a statement, they’re expressing a preference.”

“When somebody walks around with a chrome hand, it’s not because there’s some underlying technology that makes their hand look like that. It’s because they think chrome hands look cool. When somebody has a leg with servomotors, it’s because they choose to look extreme (like the best new carbon fiber bike). And their choice is completely based on style, it extends and enriches their style. You’ll get access to a rich arsenal of firearms, but if you want to have blades because they look cool, go for it. All these elements will make it into Cyberpunk 2077. 'Style Over Substance' is our core theme, after all.”

When you start the game you’ll create a character from the ground up and then experience Night City as a totally open world setting. CD Projekt RED seems committed to providing as few obstacles to exploring the setting as possible.

“Both the city and game world will be vast,” said Badowski. “We don’t want to make a game where, for instance, you close off a street because a quest needs to play out there. Ours will be an open world, you’ll feel the vastness of what surrounds you, you’ll feel that you’re there and you can go forth and explore. That’s the feeling I had when playing GTA or even older games like Nomad Soul. I’m sure I wasn’t alone. Personally, I dislike playing through a mission, turning left and not seeing a thing, or worse, seeing some car blocking my way. That’s done for game purposes, but we want to find another way for Cyberpunk 2077.”

The city is being designed so it doesn’t look like a purely futuristic metropolis. Older elements of buildings will be mixed in with more modern structures to make it look like the city was built in layers to create a more realistic, Blade Runner-esque style. Badowski commented, “It’s important to show that the city was not built in a day.”

There’s also a significant amount of detail built into the weapons used in the trailer, which CD Projekt RED credits to some degree to one of its concept artists who’s obsessed with guns. Pen and paper Cyberpunk fans may recognize the Militech Crusher, though also note that its form has changed. According to CD Projekt RED, this is part of a natural progression of weapon use over time.

“This reflects an actual trend in firearms development,” said Badowski. “The Colt 1911 was designed and introduced in 1911, but it’s still used as the standard issue weapon by many military formations around the world. Of course, it has been modified, it’s made of superior materials, but the basic design, the mechanics, are the same as they were a century ago. Why wouldn’t there be a Militech Crusher in 2077? Of course, it would be more powerful, made of superior materials, have an improved targeting system, etc., but carrying one would also be a stylistic statement, not unlike Ocelot wielding a Colt Model 1873 in MGS. Make no mistake, we’ll also have energy-based weapons and other treats most often associated with the Japanese cyberpunk style, but we won’t forget the fundamentals.”

The trailer ends with the message that Cyberpunk 2077 will be released “when it’s ready,” but in the hidden text a tease that on February 5, 2013 CD Projekt RED will start talking about its other role-playing game, which “is much closer to being completed” and “will also be a fully open world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we’re talking about.”

That seems to indicate it’s another Witcher title, though perhaps not. It seems we’ll soon know for sure.

Guest Lady Luck

geez seriously 2015 oh well time to pre order stuff :P i always get that suprised butt se.. i mean content when the game actually released!. Cd projekt made this game how can you go wrong with cd projekt company they always make good games not only that they have guts to released witcher enhanced edition for free!!

Guest Lady Luck

Lol whatsup with your avatar greg lololol .. anyway i can agree with greg this game has that blade runner feel .

I am my own asshat......:P

facepalm [ offtopic response]

Guest Lady Luck

2016 damn , might as well covering full story soon , i cant wait to go to e3 actually interviewed with cd projekt if they so inclined to tell a little bit about this game cuz hell i'm damn exicited about this one.

Guest Lady Luck

indeed my friend cd projekt will owned anytime , they give free products i mean dead serious free DLC what other company should do , they spent their own budget their own studio and have really good publishing quality aka " the new square soft "

seems like a dredd + blade runner fusion.

The game is rooted to the original Cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper rpg originally from R Talsorian Games. See the article here. I played that a long time ago when it came out and the game is heavily driven/influenced by authors such as William Gibson and others. The visual look of the game seems heavily influenced by the thematic artwork done for Bladerunner and other movies like The Fifth Element and Judge Dredd. The pen and paper rpg was a lot of fun to play and was tailor made for being adapted to a 3d game. CD Project has a great reputation and I expect the game to, at the very least, be enjoyable and worth its price. Now how long we end up waiting for it is a completely different story hehe ;)

Guest Lady Luck

The game is rooted to the original Cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper rpg originally from R Talsorian Games. See the article here. I played that a long time ago when it came out and the game is heavily driven/influenced by authors such as William Gibson and others. The visual look of the game seems heavily influenced by the thematic artwork done for Bladerunner and other movies like The Fifth Element and Judge Dredd. The pen and paper rpg was a lot of fun to play and was tailor made for being adapted to a 3d game. CD Project has a great reputation and I expect the game to' date=' at the very least, be enjoyable and worth its price. Now how long we end up waiting for it is a completely different story hehe ;)

[/quote']

Did know you cyberpunk is also a card game i think it started as a conventional game before being this awosome , hmm this is very interesting idea indeed but pen and paper i never heard that can you tell us a bit background on that i need to know.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11826/cyberpunk-the-collectible-card-game

The game is rooted to the original Cyberpunk 2020 pen and paper rpg originally from R Talsorian Games. See the article here. I played that a long time ago when it came out and the game is heavily driven/influenced by authors such as William Gibson and others. The visual look of the game seems heavily influenced by the thematic artwork done for Bladerunner and other movies like The Fifth Element and Judge Dredd. The pen and paper rpg was a lot of fun to play and was tailor made for being adapted to a 3d game. CD Project has a great reputation and I expect the game to' date=' at the very least, be enjoyable and worth its price. Now how long we end up waiting for it is a completely different story hehe ;)

[/quote']

Did know you cyberpunk is also a card game i think it started as a conventional game before being this awosome , hmm this is very interesting idea indeed but pen and paper i never heard that can you tell us a bit background on that i need to know.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/11826/cyberpunk-the-collectible-card-game

The link in my post is to the original pen and paper rpg description on the wikipedia.

well at the end i was right. but i wasnt criticizing cdproject, contrary, i have some dredd comics and I always considered myself a fan. also, blade runner its on my personal top ten best movies of all time. so i really want to see this game when released. i hope im still alive by that time.

I liked Geralt. I also have a feeling I'm going to really enjoy this game. Hopefully CD Project Red will stay true to their ideals.

Yup! :heart:

An open GTA4 like world, mature theme, The Witcher quality, novel adaptation and the developer tool.

I feel this game will be as popular as Skyrim. I hope it will be easy to make sex mod in it. :D

The open world The Witcher 3 with developer tool will be interesting too.

I liked Geralt. I also have a feeling I'm going to really enjoy this game. Hopefully CD Project Red will stay true to their ideals.

Oh I agree. I'm happy that if any company is making a remake/update of the PnP Cyberpunk 2020 game it's them. That does give me some hope.

i played witcher 2 on both xbox360 and pc (enhanced edition) and i was amazed that cdproject optimized the game to take all of your pc power. not very common on newly games (cof cof rage...). i also loved witcher 1, read the book when i finished the game and loved it either. i dont remember where, but i saw some video interviews with some of the cdproject team members and you could watch a very friendly atmosphere around them, im sure this is a very important and vital feature most of the other companies (cof cof ubisoft) lack. also, they take their time (cof cof assassin creed 3) but the final product worth the wait. in a few words, they are an example for other companies wich they only care about money and being the first. im not saying ALL the other co. are the same (before someone yells) but lately it saddens me watching most of my favorites game/companies being pummeled by the media... but oh well, we will always have some spoiled products in beetween the good ones, even if they are just a few.

I despise him.

Now if anyone else like you that likes him that's fine, however it does affect my enjoyment of an RPG when it's not only a set character, but a set character who's face I want to claw at with a rake.

An RPG with full character customisation is much more my thing, so I am cautiously optimistic on this one.

I despise him.

Now if anyone else like you that likes him that's fine' date=' however it does affect my enjoyment of an RPG when it's not only a set character, but a set character who's face I want to claw at with a rake.

An RPG with full character customisation is much more my thing, so I am cautiously optimistic on this one.

[/quote']

I feel the same way, altough i dont despise Geralt, having a set character for an rpg kills a big portion of fun for me.

Im optimistic about the witcher3, but i know i wont enjoy it that much, without having a possiblity to create a character to my liking.

Archived