Doppelganger Follower SE

Doppelganger Follower SE

I did NOT create this mod. That honor belongs to the Talented -Caden-

I only converted it for use with Skyrim Special Edition, and have shared it with you with their permission.

If you enjoy this mod, click on the link and give -Caden- some love, and check out their other mods!

The following copied from the original LE page:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so my time as run short on managing this mod due to RL obligations so I want to put this out there for anyone that is interested. You have my full permission to further this mod as you see fit, and make it your mod and upload it with 2 conditions:

1: Credit where the mod originated ( not just me but others Like Familiar faces have worked to make a mod like this happen)

2: share it here and Nexus - It is time to squash the lingering tension between the 2 sites, in the end we are all gamers who enjoy the work of modders, and we should all benefit in modders work no matter what our taste in mods is

to find the changes in this mod in CK or Tes V Edit search DPGF_

Lovers Lab will always be my home, that will never change but I had to put my petty crap aside and realize there are good and bad people on both sites lets just enjoy the games and the sites that allow us to share our work
If anyone gets upset about these conditions or this statement then the petty issues are on your end!

The Doppelganger Follower

0 scripts

CoverTheDopple.jpg.80ae0c02c9d97c48c4f664a70b7b0fe9.jpg

Listen, Straight up, I am sick of follower mods, and I agree there are to many, but this one is at least unique, it is your doppelganger

You can:

• have yourself as a follower
  • marry yourself
  • and do other things with yourself, this is Lovers Lab
  • Can be found in Sleeping Giant Inn

Your Doppelganger will :

• use shouts your have learned
  • use spells you have learn
  • already has his/her own custom weapons

Is potential Follower so you will have to raise the relationship rank with the Doppelganger, whether its with RDS, RDO, Eager NPCs, or console command to get the "follow me" Dialogue

Requires  Relationship Dialogue Overhual SE if you use a High Elf, Female Khajiit, or Elderly

What's New in Version 3.0

Released August 26, 2018

• Doppelganger will now copy your stats as well
  • The voice is going to choose whatever is wants cause its a template package, it will get the sex right, as long as you use the appropriate ESP
  • This will give your follower the stats of your player as well, this is the final version, its works for most people but if it does not work for you then its in your load order, and I cannot fix that for you

• After further research into the issue of the follower not keeping the relationship status, it is because (According to the CK website), Templated actors will not store relationships status, So you will have to use RDO, everytime you start a game, or load a save after you have stopped playing, that in the base Skyrim engine itself.

• Finally the game is going to choose whatever voice it wants, I can control the gender of the voice but not the actual voice, its a super natural doppelganger, so can have what voice it wants so I will upload a 3.0 female and Male version that will match your Doppelgangers stats as well
    Once 3.0 is up, thats it, if this mod is not for you then do not use it, some players load order seem to conflict, and that happens, I have spent to much time in the past 2 days chasing my tail to try and fix everyones game, thats over, good luck and happy gaming

If you enjoy my conversion work and would like to toss a coin to my coffee fund, you can visit my Patreon ~ Nomkaz

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/18/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    RDO SE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Question Can You Use This To Create different followers or just one??

I remember long ago there is used to be something similar like this even before Familiar Faces , but it was very limited.

Does the follower evolve with you or there is a scrpit that keeps the followers always equal to player....

I thought I had a totally masterful plan of using this to create a follower based on one of my other characters, but it didn't work out.  The head portion will always match your current character.

Unless somebody knows a better way.  I was doing it with opposite sexed characters.  But even with same sexed there is still the head thing.

• 3 months later...
On 8/23/2019 at 2:11 PM, llddb said:

I thought I had a totally masterful plan of using this to create a follower based on one of my other characters, but it didn't work out.  The head portion will always match your current character.

Unless somebody knows a better way.  I was doing it with opposite sexed characters.  But even with same sexed there is still the head thing.

You SHOULD be able to import both the facegen and body build into CK to create a follower, but I'm not sure.  

• 3 months later...
On 8/23/2019 at 8:11 PM, llddb said:

Awww man that sucks, when I found this I thought "this is exactly what I was looking for" but if it changes the head then it doesn't really work ?

On 11/30/2019 at 8:06 PM, nomkaz said:

You SHOULD be able to import both the facegen and body build into CK to create a follower, but I'm not sure.  

I have no idea what you mean by this, can you expand?

On 3/8/2020 at 6:34 AM, Adeladen said:

Awww man that sucks, when I found this I thought "this is exactly what I was looking for" but if it changes the head then it doesn't really work ?

I have no idea what you mean by this, can you expand?

Create your character, then there's a console command that will export the head to your Skyrim Data folder, then you combine the meshes into one with Nifmerge, then import into CK. 

I REALLY don't want to send traffic his way due to some extremely bad blood, and a ton of false accusations from him, but Asherz has a great tutorial on Youtube, that makes follower creation WAY easier than most other tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2XDJ48L27u678euRoDW3ow/videos

8 hours ago, nomkaz said:

Create your character, then there's a console command that will export the head to your Skyrim Data folder, then you combine the meshes into one with Nifmerge, then import into CK. 

I REALLY don't want to send traffic his way due to some extremely bad blood, and a ton of false accusations from him, but Asherz has a great tutorial on Youtube, that makes follower creation WAY easier than most other tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2XDJ48L27u678euRoDW3ow/videos

I can't seem to find it, I can only find guides on making one on XBOX.

32 minutes ago, Adeladen said:

I can't seem to find it, I can only find guides on making one on XBOX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcHw4sqrrx8

When I first made NPC with my character head, I follow her tutoriall.. (actually it is best NPC tutoriall to use RM and PC facegen with  nif merge tool)

though it is for LE, but same procedure work for SE.  only problem is, now we do not have nif merge tool, for SE. it is sad,, but we can not complain.

so we need to edit and merge with nif-scope only.(actually untill we get nif-merge,, we need to edit with nif-scope.. nif-merge ease those tedious step)

. then you need to know how nis-scope work (only need basic knowledge, to exchange face part name  and file path for textures.

if you only install SE,, start with SE ,RM, and CK (with CK fix in nexus), with  recent nif scope. (but you can not use nif-merge)

if you have pray LE, and still use them you can follow tutoriall, after that,,  exchange your NPC mod for SE..

I do not know which procedure is more easy for you.. 

I suppose this mod auto-mate those things, (if it work well ^^;),, but once you know clear how you make stand alone NPC, with use your character nif, (made by RM or ECE)

you may understand, it is not so difficult,, just need to swap mesh. to cheat skyrim . (naybe when you try first NPC,, you take some hours, (I remember, almost took a day,

to wrok correctly, for some hair part problem)  but after learn how to,

it may take 1 hour,, or 30 minutes,,,without you try change dialogue, or set new magice,, etc)

• 4 months later...

I came across a bug with this where upon loading a game after closing the game (or after the game crashes like Skyrim typically likes to do), the doppleganger's head will just change to the default head. Specifically, the default female nord head you see whenever you first change their gende in the character creator. I get you aren't the original mod creator, but I thought I'd let you know about it and see if there's a way to fix that or not.

2 hours ago, hardenedavocado said:

I came across a bug with this where upon loading a game after closing the game (or after the game crashes like Skyrim typically likes to do), the doppleganger's head will just change to the default head. Specifically, the default female nord head you see whenever you first change their gende in the character creator. I get you aren't the original mod creator, but I thought I'd let you know about it and see if there's a way to fix that or not.

I would have to assume that it's a script conflict, or mesh issue without being able to repeat it. Honestly, this mod really needs to be update because, SKSE64 is outpacing SKSE these days, so a lot of script functions might need to be changed to accommodate. This is included in Skyrim Unhinged, and that mod has been getting updates, I might suggest using that one instead. It may function better.

9 hours ago, nomkaz said:

I would have to assume that it's a script conflict, or mesh issue without being able to repeat it. Honestly, this mod really needs to be update because, SKSE64 is outpacing SKSE these days, so a lot of script functions might need to be changed to accommodate. This is included in Skyrim Unhinged, and that mod has been getting updates, I might suggest using that one instead. It may function better.

You say the doppleganger follower's included there, but I was reading the description and only saw it mentioning them as an enemy. I'm still gonna add it to my game since it sounds really cool whether you can get a doppleganger companion or not, but I just wanna know if it's a thing that just wasn't mentioned in the description. I apologize if I'm being a pain about this.

• 3 months later...
On 8/8/2020 at 7:44 PM, hardenedavocado said:

You say the doppleganger follower's included there, but I was reading the description and only saw it mentioning them as an enemy. I'm still gonna add it to my game since it sounds really cool whether you can get a doppleganger companion or not, but I just wanna know if it's a thing that just wasn't mentioned in the description. I apologize if I'm being a pain about this.

I could have sworn that caden said it was included. I'm sorry if my memory is faulty. 

On 11/26/2020 at 11:34 AM, Bluegunk said:

Thought I would give this a try. Sadly, there are no recruitment lines in the dialogue menu (and I have RDO).

I cannot remember if I tested this mod with RDO. I'd try moving this mod below RDO in your load order and see if that helps. It could need a patch for RDO, but I wouldn't know how to even begin to make one.