Settings Don't Take Effect

I've tried various times to reset everything, checked my files, etc. I keep trying to disable naturism/exhibitionist but it won't turn off no matter how hard I try. I've been trying to adjust autonomy but it won't work either. Any solutions to this issue?

20 hours ago, ewtori said:

Still struggling to get my settings to save! I'm trying to disable naturism & exhibitionist!

After changing the WW settings you need to make a game save, exit game and re-load.

Check settings again.

And it doesn't hurt to also use the 'WW Export Settings' function.

If the settings don't stick when re-loading, then use 'WW Import Settings'.

On 7/16/2019 at 7:47 PM, Scorpio said:

After changing the WW settings you need to make a game save, exit game and re-load.

Check settings again.

And it doesn't hurt to also use the 'WW Export Settings' function.

If the settings don't stick when re-loading, then use 'WW Import Settings'.

I've tried all of those. I've saved and reloaded my game various times, and tried exporting and importing. :(

13 hours ago, ewtori said:

I've tried all of those. I've saved and reloaded my game various times, and tried exporting and importing. :(

Did you also try deleting the localthumbcache file in the TS4 folder?

You could try deleting the WW settings folder inside the TS4/Saves folder.

Other than that, the old settings may be baked into an older game save and won't update.

Are your TS4 & WW both up to date with the latest versions? 

Copied from WW Download Page (These might help fix your settings issue)

Settings Control

• Reorganized the Settings Import/Export menu
  • Added the 'Reset Settings’ function
  • Added the 'Disable Settings’ function

Save System

• Implemented new embedded save system
  • Added the 'ww.reset_save_data <type>’ command to reset WickedWhims save data
  • Fixed name text sanitization missing for exporting settings
All of WickedWhims save data is now embedded directly into the individual game saves!
This means that all stability issues should be gone and more complex data can be saved without headaches.
Save data is still saved in external files as a safety measure, in case something goes wrong.
12 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Did you also try deleting the localthumbcache file in the TS4 folder?

You could try deleting the WW settings folder inside the TS4/Saves folder.

Other than that, the old settings may be baked into an older game save and won't update.

Are your TS4 & WW both up to date with the latest versions? 

Both are up to date.

I reinstalled the Sims 4 last week to start playing again. I didn't have any saves anymore so it couldn't have been baked into an older game save since there aren't any. I did delete the localthumbcache file with no luck still. :(

On 7/19/2019 at 10:43 PM, ewtori said:

Both are up to date.

I reinstalled the Sims 4 last week to start playing again. I didn't have any saves anymore so it couldn't have been baked into an older game save since there aren't any. I did delete the localthumbcache file with no luck still. :(

Really odd, doing all that didn't fix it.

Had my game installed forever, and other than the occasional bug here and there, it's been working fine for me.

Sorry I've run out of ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 6:53 AM, ewtori said:

I've already stated I've tried reinstalling. Of course I've tried restarting it.

That was July 17th when you started this thread--almost a month ago! Your latest post did not state that you restarted the game. Alot has changed since then. I assumed this was a new issue. Beings that it seems to be only yourself and MAYBE a select few who are having this problem......It's usually on the user ends fault. I only gave you a suggestion.

Be gentle to others while asking for help only shows that people like you are hard to help. 

22 hours ago, smjm81 said:

That was July 17th when you started this thread--almost a month ago! Your latest post did not state that you restarted the game. Alot has changed since then. I assumed this was a new issue. Beings that it seems to be only yourself and MAYBE a select few who are having this problem......It's usually on the user ends fault. I only gave you a suggestion. If you like the suggestion then fuck off. Point blank period.

Being a smart ass to others while asking for help only shows that people like you don't deserve any help. 

I think you're assuming I was being rude when I wasn't. I told you what I had already done, and that I'd already tried doing what you said. And your response is telling me to "fuck off" etc.? I didn't even touch the settings until I wanted it off, so I don't know what's wrong with it. I've even tried resetting my settings and manually disabling it again. Nothing works. Now, I'm just going to sit back and report you because I really don't want weird drama on a sims 4 thread.

3 minutes ago, ewtori said:

I think you're assuming I was being rude when I wasn't. I told you what I had already done, and that I'd already tried doing what you said. And your response is telling me to "fuck off" etc.? I didn't even touch the settings until I wanted it off, so I don't know what's wrong with it. I've even tried resetting my settings and manually disabling it again. Nothing works. Now, if you're going to tell me I don't deserve an answer to my issue solely because I responded saying I had already restarted, kindly fuck off.

If your response was not meant to come off rude then I apologize. Water under the bridge.

Moving on. Have you tried deleting the wickedwhims folder in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves?

4 minutes ago, smjm81 said:

If your response was not meant to come off rude then I apologize. Water under the bridge.

Moving on. Have you tried deleting the wickedwhims folder in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves?

Yeah, I reinstalled it to see if there was an issue there. I even deleted my imported settings and re-did them all manually. :(

@ewtori If you have tried all of the suggestions and are still having the same issue then I suggest you over from scratch with a new Sims 4 folder at this point. 

1) Navigate to \Documents\Electronic Arts
2) Rename "The Sims 4" folder to "Backup" (So you don't lose anything)
3) Start the game. This will generate a new fresh "The Sims 4" folder.
4) Enable CC/mods & "Script Mods allowed"--Game Options>>Other (See image for ref: https://imgur.com/yXhyW0n
5) Select "Apply" and then exit the game
6) Download and install WW from https://wickedwhimsmod.com/download/

7) Then follow these install instructions https://wickedwhimsmod.com/help#/manual-mod-installation/

Try it first without any mods or animations.

Archived