Servitron wont work in AFF.

Did you install the Servitron race data support from AAF's Miscellaneous Patches? (the file "Miscellaneous Patches" under "Miscellaneous Files")

But i think this only allows AAF to sort of "know" about Servitrons - to merely consider them as a viable actor, so you still need a bit more...

First, do note that internally, the Servitrons are MALE - this is due to limitation coming from Bethesda's implementation of the Robot Workbench.

This means, for example, that if you play as a male, and you want to engage in some shennanigans with a fellow Servitron, you probably need gay animations - otherwise AAF wont find animations usable in this scenario (because from internal game prespective, this is Male on Male scenario).

As a workaround, you can try opening the debug console, clicking on the Servitron to select it, and issuing a SexChange command which should toggle it's sex (eg. if it was male, it should now be a female).

I already prepared an update for Servitrons, which provides an optional robot module to add AAF's special "Gender Override" keywords to the robot, so depending on which type of "gender module" you install, AAF will see this robot as a male or female.

BUT i am still trying to fix some unrelated issue, so i postponed the release - sorry, be patient.

DISCLAIMER:
though i am the author of Servitrons, i do not know much about AAF, so i MAY have wrote something wrong or inaccurate - in which case i hope others will correct me.

6 hours ago, Roggvir said:

First, do note that internally, the Servitrons are MALE - this is due to limitation coming from Bethesda's implementation of the Robot Workbench.

This may not be the best place to bring it up for the sake of visibility, but I thought I might as well let you know: this can actually be avoided by using Automatrons Have Genders Too. It adds the female flag to named "female" robot NPCs and what's most relevant for the mod, also edits the generic player-created Automatrons to have a chance of spawning as female. It works just fine with Servitrons and I can confirm they are properly recognized as female by AAF and by any other mod that checks for the vanilla sex flags.

Only downside is that you can't choose the sex of the robot when you create it, it's randomly generated, so it may take a bunch of tries until you get the one you want. But otherwise, it works. Hell, it seems like it was made in part because of Servitrons and AAF, as per the mod's description:

Fixed my problem. Should help people using AAF and Servitrons.

12 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

It adds the female flag

Which is wrong, because Servitrons use the female flag to affect the way they move, not as a way to determine their sex.
Somebody may want a "male" robot with feminine moves, or "female" robot with masculine moves.
It is a misconception to think that the "female" flag equals female sex, it does not.

The only safe way to determine sex of any actor, is the actual sex of the actor, or the presence of AAF's gender override keywords (as far as AAF is concerned).

38 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Which is wrong, because Servitrons use the female flag to affect the way they move, not as a way to determine their sex.
Somebody may want a "male" robot with feminine moves, or "female" robot with masculine moves.
It is a misconception to think that the "female" flag equals female sex, it does not.

The only safe way to determine sex of any actor, is the actual sex of the actor, or the presence of AAF's gender override keywords (as far as AAF is concerned).

Actually, when I said it "adds the female flag", I mean it adds the "Female" flag in the "ACBS - Configuration | Flags (Sorted)" data field of the NPC entry (as seen in xEdit). Aka it actually changes their ingame sex. This can be checked simply by running a "GetIsSex Female" command on the female robots added by the mod, and the result is 1, which means the game reads them as female just like it would do with any human NPC.

FemBot.jpg

I realize now there's also the "Female animations" flag used by Servitrons to give them female NPC anims and can see how it would be confusing but that has nothing to do with the AHGT mod. In fact the mod doesn't require or even affect Servitrons directly, it only touches vanilla NPC robot records.

31 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

ctually, when I said it "adds the female flag", I mean it adds the "Female" flag in the "ACBS - Configuration | Flags (Sorted)" data field of the NPC entry (as seen in xEdit).

Ah, of course, i totally misread that, sorry. I thought you are talking about the "female" keyword.

Too bad about the randomness due to having to use the leveled chars - i'd rather have a new separate workbench which would be dedicated to creating female robots - as an additional bonus, that way the mod wouldn't need to change any vanilla records.

Anyway, i stand corrected, this mod wont cause any problems with Servitrons.

(Ok, maybe with the exception of those few ppl who want female robots using masculine movement animations - truly female robots cannot use masculine movement anims unless they also use the oppo gender flag which the new female bot does not do for obvious reasons).

EDIT: actually, the upcomming update to Servitron will be in conflict with this mod, because it will need to override the DLC01CompWorkbenchBot record to make the melee work, so this mod will have to be updated to resolve that conflict (in order for thse two mods to be used together).

That being said, since the new update will also provide its own solution for the gender problem, the other mod wont be needed anyway.

6 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Anyway, i stand corrected, this mod wont cause any problems with Servitrons.

(Ok, maybe with the exception of those few ppl who want female robots using masculine movement animations - truly female robots cannot use masculine movement anims unless they also use the oppo gender flag which the new female bot does not do for obvious reasons).

Would it be possible to add an option for that as well? If it's possible to force male Servitrons to use female animations with a modification, it should be possible to do the same for male ones as well, right? That way you can choose which anims are used regardless of the sex of the Servitron according to NPC data.

That being said, since the new update will also provide its own solution for the gender problem, the other mod wont be needed anyway.

Honestly, I'd rather have "female" Servitrons actually have the game's Female tag and be considered female by standard condition functions and stuff. Just think it's better for compatibility with any mod that may check for NPC sex and whatnot.

That being said, I'd understand if you rather not dabble with genders and carry on with your current plans, in which case yeah, it shouldn't be too hard to path the Gendered Automatrons mod to work with Servitrons for anyone that may want to do so like me.

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Would it be possible to add an option for that as well?

(sorry, i am a bit tired, so bear with me...)
That would be too messy - its one thing when the workbench is choosing from 2 actors, but for this you'd have to make it choose from 4.
As you surely know, the way how the Gendered Automatrons mod allows spawning bots of female sex, is simply by adding one more "template robot" (of female sex) into the leveled actor list used by the workbench to spawn a new robot - that is why the created robot's sex is random.
To allow this system to also give options to spawn truly male/female robots with the opposite gender flag set (you need this especially for the females, because there is no other way how to make true female robot move using masculine movement animations), requires adding another 2 "template actors" (male and female, each with the oppo-gender-flag set - well, actually it could be just 1) to that leveled actors list.
As a result, it would increase the randomness when creating bots:

Spoiler

- you create a bot

-- you use console to check its sex - darn! its not female

--- you set it to self destruct

- you create another bot

-- you use console to check its sex - great! its female

--- you watch it move around to determine whether it is using the oppo-gender-flag - crap! it is not using it!

---- you set it to self destruct

- you create another bot

-- you use console to check its sex - shit! its not female

--- you set it to self destruct

- you create another bot

...and so on, until the workbench randomly produces what you need?

no thank you :)

Instead, let's ignore the gender, and use the robot modules to add keywords to the robots.

That way, AAF will treat the robot as male or female depending on which "gender override module" you install.

Similarly, we use another robot module to add the "female" keyword (not flag, keyword), which when present, makes the male robot use feminine movement animations (this is not for AAF, this is about how the robot walks).

But for it to work properly, the created robot must be of MALE sex.

If you happen to create robot with female sex, it will use feminine movement animations even if you do not add the module with "female" keyword - you wont have an option to make it use masculine movement animations (there is no "male" keyword - of course, it could be added, and hundreds of animation records in the behavior could be made dependant on it, but that would be insane, considering we already can do what we need if we keep making only male robots).
With these modules, there is ZERO randomness, you have 100% control over how will the result look and behave.

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Honestly, I'd rather have "female" Servitrons actually have the game's Female tag and be considered female by standard condition functions and stuff. Just think it's better for compatibility with any mod that may check for NPC sex and whatnot.

Agreed, that would be nice, but not with how the Robot Workbench was implemented by Bethesda.

To allow the same results as the modules approach described above, it would require (at the very least) adding a new "male" keyword, and making LOTS of edits in the robot behavior - all just to be able to make a true male/female robots that would depend on the oppo-gender flag to use feminine/masculine movement animations.

And even then it would still require that annoyingly increased randomness when creating a new robot.

Any mods that need to know how to treat the robot, can instead check for the presence of the AAF gender-override-female keyword.

And we dont need to change anything to make that work (well, apart from ditching that other mod which randomly creates male or female robots, because now we will need the robot to always be male).

18 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

[snip]

Totally reasonable, and I get your point.

Still I'll probably patch up the Gendered Automatrons mod myself for my own use anyway whenever that Servitron update drops. At least until mods are made that do involve Servitrons in any way and use the AAF keyword method (if any such mod is ever made). I'm not interested in having female Servitrons with male anims anyway, so it doesn't affect me specifically.

15 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I'm not interested in having female Servitrons with male anims anyway

In that case you can keep using the Gendered Automatrons as it is even after the update drops.

Just always add both the animation module with the "female" keyword, and female variant of the AAF Gender Override module - both modules not needed for true females, but they wont hurt anything if present anyway.

• 4 months later...

Unless I overlooked something, I've tried every method mentioned in this Topic to try and get AAF to recognize Servitrons; which has led to no avail. 

I don't see anything concerning the gender of the robots as relevant to my issue (yet) because if they were mistaken for male they would still be seen by AAF, right?

I downloaded both the patch given on the Servitron page and the one found on AAF's own page. Neither worked. 20191029004154_1.jpg.0b8b49aa71d462ac1ec6c7bebf978a9e.jpg

I was wondering if Servitron not popping up as an EnabledActorType is causing this issue? If so, wouldn't either of the previously mentioned patches solve this, or am I mistaken?

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2019 at 9:45 PM, ThatNakedSnake said:

Unless I overlooked something, I've tried every method mentioned in this Topic to try and get AAF to recognize Servitrons; which has led to no avail. 

I don't see anything concerning the gender of the robots as relevant to my issue (yet) because if they were mistaken for male they would still be seen by AAF, right?

I downloaded both the patch given on the Servitron page and the one found on AAF's own page. Neither worked. 20191029004154_1.jpg.0b8b49aa71d462ac1ec6c7bebf978a9e.jpg

I was wondering if Servitron not popping up as an EnabledActorType is causing this issue? If so, wouldn't either of the previously mentioned patches solve this, or am I mistaken?

I've tried looking everywhere but I have yet to see any solution one way or another, just recently bought FO4 and added servitron just yesterday. Got everything working except AAF's ability to scan for servitron actors. Kinda hoping it's a me issue rather then a update causing some hiccup.

On 11/30/2019 at 7:19 AM, Mcenriqueson said:

I've tried looking everywhere but I have yet to see any solution one way or another, just recently bought FO4 and added servitron just yesterday. Got everything working except AAF's ability to scan for servitron actors. Kinda hoping it's a me issue rather then a update causing some hiccup.

I shall answer your problem with what worked for me.

Assuming you downloaded "Servitron - XML files for AAF" and nothing is overriding it, go into your Fallout 4 AAF folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\AAF).  There should be a file called "AAF_actorTypeData_servitron.xml".

Open this file with whatever you want as long as you can rewrite it, (notepad works fine) and on the 7th line you should see "<actorType form="2CB73" id="ActorTypeRobot">".

Replace this with "<actorType form="2CB73" id="ActorTypeRobot" raceList="ServitronRace"/>", (or just add "raceList="ServitronRace"/" at the end).

Congratulations, AAF now recognizes Servitron robots.

However, this brings up a whole new problem; why aren't the robots being considered female?

On 12/2/2019 at 10:50 PM, Minecratian said:

Assuming you downloaded "Servitron - XML files for AAF" and nothing is overriding it, go into your Fallout 4 AAF folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\AAF).  There should be a file called "AAF_actorTypeData_servitron.xml".

Open this file with whatever you want as long as you can rewrite it, (notepad works fine) and on the 7th line you should see "<actorType form="2CB73" id="ActorTypeRobot">".

Replace this with "<actorType form="2CB73" id="ActorTypeRobot" raceList="ServitronRace"/>", (or just add "raceList="ServitronRace"/" at the end).

However, this brings up a whole new problem; why aren't the robots being considered female?

Thank You, thank you, thank you, finally AAF will recognize Servitrons, and using this I found an similar omission in IKAROS Android AAF XML as well, now both are recognized,

• 1 year later...
On 12/2/2019 at 10:50 PM, Minecratian said:

so I've tried your method and i still cant seem to get it to work. even when I edited the xml file

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, rizlakingsize said:

Just to clarify, I wouldn't use the Nexus link for AAF, as it's outdated and will no longer be updated there.

The "Up to Date Adult Oriented Setup Guide" that you link does have an up to date link for AAF, which is now on website Moddingham.  The AAF version there has been updated at least a couple of times at this point so it has some bug fixes and would be much better to use.

I would be wary about using both the Staged Leito Plus patch along with the Ultimate AAF Patch unless specified by the Guide. As far as I'm aware, the staged Leito Plus is only supposed to be used when "Hardship" is in the load order, and having both UAP and Leito's patches needs to be done very specifically according to the guide.

I would suggest that if the OP has issues getting all this to work, the best resource would be the AAF Discord link in the guide.

Cheers

Edited by Marg597
20 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Just to clarify, I wouldn't use the Nexus link for AAF, as it's outdated and will no longer be updated there.

The "Up to Date Adult Oriented Setup Guide" that you link does have an up to date link for AAF, which is now on website Moddingham.  The AAF version there has been updated at least a couple of times at this point so it has some bug fixes and would be much better to use.

I would be wary about using both the Staged Leito Plus patch along with the Ultimate AAF Patch unless specified by the Guide. As far as I'm aware, the staged Leito Plus is only supposed to be used when "Hardship" is in the load order, and having both UAP and Leito's patches needs to be done very specifically according to the guide.

I would suggest that if the OP has issues getting all this to work, the best resource would be the AAF Discord link in the guide.

Cheers

Edited 20 hours ago by Marg597

Well shit. Thanks for that. Good guides are hard to find. 

@Marg597

I didn't even know it's now being updated elsewhere exclusively. I updated the following from the guide I linked (this one). Had to make a Moddingham account but that was instant and worth it :

Fusion Girl body to 1.86 ; removed Staged Leto ; removed the OCBP Configs (still listed as required by some mods on Nexus) since the updated body has its own it seems ; 

updated AAF to 166 ; reinstalled UAP

There were two things I needed to do - update the Forteleza Armour's body with new coordinates for the body as well as import the new one into it, and change one file as below. 

For the servitron to work with AAF go into your ~\Fallout 4\Data\AAF folder, open a file called AAF_actorTypeData_all.xml with Notepad, look for this line

<group id="Robot">
        <actorType form="2CB73" id="ActorTypeRobot" raceList="Protectron,Assaultron,SentryBot,EyeBot,Handy"/>

and simply change it to this then save 

<group id="Robot">
        <actorType form="2CB73" id="ActorTypeRobot" raceList="Protectron,Assaultron,SentryBot,EyeBot,Handy,ServitronRace"/>

TLDR : Still works just fine and the female bodies now so great so thanks again. 

Edited by rizlakingsize
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 5:54 AM, Roggvir said:

Did you install the Servitron race data support from AAF's Miscellaneous Patches? (the file "Miscellaneous Patches" under "Miscellaneous Files")

But i think this only allows AAF to sort of "know" about Servitrons - to merely consider them as a viable actor, so you still need a bit more...

This means, for example, that if you play as a male, and you want to engage in some shennanigans with a fellow Servitron, you probably need gay animations - otherwise AAF wont find animations usable in this scenario (because from internal game prespective, this is Male on Male scenario).

As a workaround, you can try opening the debug console, clicking on the Servitron to select it, and issuing a SexChange command which should toggle it's sex (eg. if it was male, it should now be a female).

I already prepared an update for Servitrons, which provides an optional robot module to add AAF's special "Gender Override" keywords to the robot, so depending on which type of "gender module" you install, AAF will see this robot as a male or female.

BUT i am still trying to fix some unrelated issue, so i postponed the release - sorry, be patient.

DISCLAIMER:
though i am the author of Servitrons, i do not know much about AAF, so i MAY have wrote something wrong or inaccurate - in which case i hope others will correct me.

So im having the same problem... AAF doesn't recognise servitrons as actors.. So i wanted to download that "AAF miscellaneous patches" but that file has been archived in AAF's page.. I can't download that file from there... Any other way to download that patch file? ... Please if you can help me I'd be grateful 

48 minutes ago, Salib69 said:

So im having the same problem... AAF doesn't recognise servitrons as actors.. So i wanted to download that "AAF miscellaneous patches" but that file has been archived in AAF's page.. I can't download that file from there... Any other way to download that patch file? ... Please if you can help me I'd be grateful 

Hi.

1. Make sure you are only following the Up-To-Date Adult Oriented Setup Guide with regards to patches, animations etc. for AAF and related mods, because the older patches will most likely mess up your AAF and stop it from working correctly.  If you haven't followed that guide before, you will need to make sure you have the most updated version of AAF (it's no longer being updated on the Nexus) as well as checking that you don't have incompatible mods that are listed there as being ones to avoid.  If you have trouble getting AAF + scenes to work, feel free to join their discord for assistance.

2. Did you see the post right above yours?  If so, did you try what it says? 

image.png.dfa4d7ebbcc901ba9f77afe0d58167dd.png

2 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Hi.

1. Make sure you are only following the Up-To-Date Adult Oriented Setup Guide with regards to patches, animations etc. for AAF and related mods, because the older patches will most likely mess up your AAF and stop it from working correctly.  If you haven't followed that guide before, you will need to make sure you have the most updated version of AAF (it's no longer being updated on the Nexus) as well as checking that you don't have incompatible mods that are listed there as being ones to avoid.  If you have trouble getting AAF + scenes to work, feel free to join their discord for assistance.

2. Did you see the post right above yours?  If so, did you try what it says? 

image.png.dfa4d7ebbcc901ba9f77afe0d58167dd.png

Sooo yes i was using old version of aaf(from nexus) .. Now im using the latest version.. And after doing that point 2(editing aaf actor xml file) aaf now detects servitron as an actor... Thank you sooo much<3...now im having only one problem... Aaf detecting servitron as a male... Even after doing "SexChange" command on it... What do i do now:') 

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work out using "Automatrons have genders too" mod.. Now I have fully functioning female servitron aka assaultron s*x-bot...and it perfectly works with AAF... Again thank you so much for the help:) 

Edited by Salib69
Problem solved