[mod] [CK2] Heroes and Villains - Discontinued

5 hours ago, dewguru said:

CanĀ  you enable the console and enter the following:Ā  print_global_flags

Ā 

And check to see if it has hv_npc_hela_alive listed.

Ā 

Also have you or Aasimar tried it with a new game since 0.8.1, or just with your saved games?

Ā 

There are alot of other hv_ flags with characters alive but hela isn't one of them.

Also I didn't try a new game with the latest patch. My game is still the one before the hela patch.

Ā 

Could it be when I killed the extra hela your code removed that global flag and it was never added back in?

@dewguru

I did start a new game

Like i said... i didnt get aĀ  clone Harley for like 30 years now

Today i married Harley off and gave her husband a City...
4 years later still no clone Harley

maybe it was just a hickup

Ā 

I had also a problem with Kiss of Seduction... popd up every 3-5 days for ~10 years... that was realy annoying...
and then nothing... not sure what changed.. but iam gald it got resolved

Ā 

p.s. heres a nice Violet parr pic
https://www.deviantart.com/nefrubi/art/Violet-Parr-The-Incredibles-773647016

9 hours ago, Aasimar said:

@dewguru

Ā 

I had also a problem with Kiss of Seduction... popd up every 3-5 days for ~10 years... that was realy annoying...
and then nothing... not sure what changed.. but iam gald it got resolved

Ā 

p.s. heres a nice Violet parr pic
https://www.deviantart.com/nefrubi/art/Violet-Parr-The-Incredibles-773647016

I'm not familiar with the Kiss of Seduction in Heroes and Villains off hand.

Ā 

That sounds more like what was in Dark World, like how a succubus or vampire would try to entice their target.

Ā 

I was looking at that Violet pic before. I kept wavering on including it, because I thought it might be a too unlike any event images. However, since you recommended it and I was on the fence about it before, I see no reason to not go ahead and add it. I'll mark it for addition.

12 hours ago, TentaclePentacle said:

There are alot of other hv_ flags with characters alive but hela isn't one of them.

Also I didn't try a new game with the latest patch. My game is still the one before the hela patch.

Ā 

Could it be when I killed the extra hela your code removed that global flag and it was never added back in?

That's so odd. Whenever the code runs to create Hela, part of it includes making the global hv_alive flag for Hela.

Ā 

Hrm. Could be my fault on the advice I shared now that I think about it. I was picturing that a console kill would be an admin like kill - outside of the system, yet it was probably trigger the death event that clears the global flag. So it cleared it, and you've still got one alive that isn't being recognized.

Ā 

I should have recommended you purge them both, but if you married one, I could see where that'd would not be ideal.

Ā 

So - it's probably working properly, but I gave you bad advice.

Ā 

You should be able to fix it though via console command. In the console, type this: set_flag hv_npc_hela_alive

Ā 

That should set the global flag and prevent the event from triggering.

Ā 

Note: when you enter it, it doesn't give you any kind of 'it worked' response in the console window. You'll want to verify it by typing print_global_flags again to list them.

1 hour ago, dewguru said:

That's so odd. Whenever the code runs to create Hela, part of it includes making the global hv_alive flag for Hela.

Ā 

Hrm. Could be my fault on the advice I shared now that I think about it. I was picturing that a console kill would be an admin like kill - outside of the system, yet it was probably trigger the death event that clears the global flag. So it cleared it, and you've still got one alive that isn't being recognized.

Ā 

I should have recommended you purge them both, but if you married one, I could see where that'd would not be ideal.

Ā 

So - it's probably working properly, but I gave you bad advice.

Ā 

You should be able to fix it though via console command. In the console, type this: set_flag hv_npc_hela_alive

Ā 

That should set the global flag and prevent the event from triggering.

Ā 

Note: when you enter it, it doesn't give you any kind of 'it worked' response in the console window. You'll want to verify it by typing print_global_flags again to list them.

I did some testing, when I used the console command to kill hela a message did popup: "A named NPC from the heros and villains mod have died, if it's someone you recruited you should be able to recruit a replacement."

I did some testing using the console kill command and flags. When hela dies the flag is removed. So we finally figured out what happened. The console kill command triggers the death produces of a character.

Ā 

@Aasimar

BTW the kiss of seduction is an ability from DWF when you join the lilith society.

4 hours ago, TentaclePentacle said:

@Aasimar

BTW the kiss of seduction is an ability from DWF when you join the lilith society.

yeah... i know its from DWF...

but i did get a Kiss of Seduction every 3-5 days.. sometimes twice on one day....and that for ~10 years. it realy fealt like harassment.

at one point i couldnt take it anymore and TABd out and wrote something in the DWF section...

TABd back into the Game... and guess what... no more Kisses... i should have complaint earlier^^

Ā 

same with Harley... new clone every year... and then... it just stoped

2 hours ago, Aasimar said:

yeah... i know its from DWF...

but i did get a Kiss of Seduction every 3-5 days.. sometimes twice on one day....and that for ~10 years. it realy fealt like harassment.

at one point i couldnt take it anymore and TABd out and wrote something in the DWF section...

TABd back into the Game... and guess what... no more Kisses... i should have complaint earlier^^

Ā 

same with Harley... new clone every year... and then... it just stoped

Whenever I've seen behavior like what you're describing, I usually recommend that for your next play session - that you delete the mod folders you're using and then re-download and place the mods. Folks who just overwrite their exiting mod folders without first deleting them, can sometimes end up out of synch - as a mod author may rename a file, causing you to then have two similar files trying to do the same thing.

Ā 

No idea if it applies to your situation, but I know I'm one who often just overwrites instead of deletes, and I've seen this kind of wacky behavior and others have described similar - with it being resolved by clean mod installations. Plus, I did change (rename) some files a couple versions ago, and posted a note for folks to ensure they delete their old mod folder before placing down the new one a page or three ago when it was released.

Hmm.Ā  You can get to Combat Master.Ā  You can keep training a single time beyond that, having Combat Master and Combat Apprentice 1.Ā  You can't train beyond that.

Ā 

Probably the most important thing you can do is to jack up your learning to 10+ so you can take the tech point mission.

6 hours ago, Bloodly said:

Hmm.Ā  You can get to Combat Master.Ā  You can keep training a single time beyond that, having Combat Master and Combat Apprentice 1.Ā  You can't train beyond that.

Ā 

Probably the most important thing you can do is to jack up your learning to 10+ so you can take the tech point mission.

Hrm, you shouldn't be able to get both Combat Master and Combat Apprentice at the same time. Sounds like I'm mishandling something.

Ā 

I've also beginning to lean more towards doing away with the 'Go on a Mission' decision and instead adding some buildings that can allow interactions - like a dojo and a laboratory.

I should be testing the next release this coming weekend. I also have some family plans intended, so I don't know if I'll finish testing and get it out as well this weekend. It may be mid-week next week before the next update comes out.

Ā 

The next update will NOT be Save Game friendly.

Ā 

It'll include the new Violet Parr image as one of the option that was recommended by Aasimar, plus several new traits, such as Demon-kin which is introduced with the arrival of Raven, Resilience which is sort of like Sturdy, save that it can stack with Brawny (robust). Plus the potential for shape-shifters (therianthropes) which if it works correctly will also include a supporting trait to identify what animal it is (for example: hyena, dog, horse, wolf). It'll be pretty hard to actually introduce them to the game, as when the mod is released, it'd require you to allow for bestiality, to acquire a certain artifact, to give a woman (if you're not one yourself) the artifact, and then to get them to breed with an animal.

Ā 

Once a type of Therianthrope is conceived, that individual can then propagate their lineage without the need of the artifact.

Ā 

I don't know if it'll be in this next release - but when Beast Boy is released, he'll be a Therianthrope with multiple animal spirits, so he'd be able to create others of his kind right out of the gate.

Ā 

Just like with Symbiotes/Tentacle-kin, Therianthropes and Demon-kin will not be known (traits are hidden), unless they opt to announce themselves to the world.

Ā 

Presently, a Therianthrope won't have the option to actually shape-change (alter their picture) like a Symbiote/Tentacle-kin can that has come out, but it is planned.

Ā 

Just like with how the Symbiote/Tentacle-kin are right now, if you don't like the image one of them takes, you'd be able to remove it (so they can try it again to get a better random result) or you can remove it and tell them to never change their image.

Summarized change log for the new update.

Ā 

Version 0.9
- NOTE: NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PRIOR VERSIONS
- More events
- New artifact
- New decisions
- New NPCs
- Fix - Some localization text associated with the Venom/Spiderman rival battle.

Ā 

4 hours ago, Bloodly said:

Raven, huh?Ā  Wonder if she can be flipped in allegiance(Hero to Villain or vice-versa)?Ā  More to the point, I wonder what her default is?

Hero is her default. At the moment there isn't a flipping mechanic, however, it is an intention. I'm likely to make it a Prisoner visit type option, where you can seek to sway them.

Ā 

I do have some plans to add individuals that won't have their hero/villain trait set until they're recruited.

Ā 

Not that either of those will make the next release. I'm taking a stab at an idea I have to add something that's like a short event path. Something to try and give your hero or villain the option to get out and do something akin to a short adventure series. Just something simple like an adventure hook, challenge, encounter type layout.

2 hours ago, unicron9999 said:

I've been having some trouble with tentacle-kin or symbiotes making more of them- they don't seem to reproduce? Genetically or otherwise? I'm also not seeing any of their conversion events. I really love the idea of it and I made sure it was enabled in the options. Is it not in the mod yet?

It's there. They typically don't expose themselves though unless they've some kind of personality quirk, as once exposed, they take a clear hit in opinion with just about everyone.

Ā 

Things like if they're arbitrary or cruel helps them decide to come out. Now, I did place a pretty steep limit on how often they check, with it being only once every 5 years. Reason being is that I want to avoid frequent decision checks that could impact performance.

Ā 

In my play session, I've had a couple come to light, so I know it's working. If you'd like to see it more frequently, you can tweak a couple things in the hv_decisions.txt file. In the hv_out_of_the_shadows_decision, you can reduce the ai_will_check variable so it fires more often, or you can increase the factor = 25 to a higher value to give it a higher percentage chance of happening.

Ā 

Now, there are a couple random events, but they're in the on_action random event pool, so they're mixed in with all of the other potential annual events from the vanilla game and any other mods you've got, so it's possible to never see one of them over several play sessions. If you go into the hv_on_actions.txt and in the on_yearly_pulse section, try increasing the two tentacle entries from 100 to 200 and see if it helps them pop up once or twice.

Ā 

If you go with the tweaks, please let me know how it goes. I've not done too much balancing yet, since I'm still adding content, so I've not really considered having to tweak those items yet.

52 minutes ago, DaMan1 said:

So, till you add those last characters like elasticgirl,Ā joker and others, it's not gonna be save compatible on every new update,Ā right?Ā 

The NPC's listed on the front page are already in the mod. The wip part is just to indicate that I've plans for more event content that involves them. My goal is to have at least one event per hero or villain. Like how if you get Syndrome, he has a chance to later get a random event where he gets a year long buff due to a technical enhancement he constructs for himself.

Ā 

That aside - I've a ton of traits for heroes and villains that are not yet in the mod, and I did that as an attempt at reducing the odds of my creating a mod that won't break saves. Alas, even after doing that, it's still going to happen periodically. And it's going to happen again with the next release. I blame my muse.

Ā 

On the topic of next release, I'm going to be offline and away from the computer for several days, as I've got some travel away from home to do, and the next update still has at least a week of work to do on it, if not more. So if you opt to play with what is there right now, it'll be at least two weeks before I post the next update.

On 9/15/2019 at 8:29 PM, dewguru said:

Oh cool. I was wondering if it would work. I'll take a loot at it to see how I messed up the view point.

Looks like I made a mistake when setting up the event target in the decision. The fix will be in the next release.

Ā 

My travel that I mentioned a couple posts ago, was for a death in the family, and I've got to admit that I haven't felt very creative since then, so I only just resumed work on it today. If this week goes well, I should be looking at the next release coming out next weekend.